Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MJ23 or LeBron James?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I played basketball in school. I have watched college ball since the days of Lefty at MD. I love HS basketball. My daughter plays at a D3 school. I officiate HS, travel, and rec basketball.

I say all of that to say this: I could care less about the NBA, but not much less before not caring at all. Don't watch it. As an official watching the 3 step league just isn't possible for me.
    Same, basketball is my first love. Use to be balling for hours and hours, played Jr high and high school, I was a short little guy. Our coach hated me but Siad id be the king of street ball, Jason williams is my favorite player.

But agreed, I don't know the last time i watched anything NBA related, seems like dudes take like 5 steps, flop all over.

Also, lebron is 6'8 240ish pounds out there flopping like a fish out of water. Dude is bigger than Suggs but goes flying when he gets barely touched, gtfo

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Well, the dominant big man is back. He just swept Lebron’s lakers to make the NBA finals.

The last 3 MVP’s have been centers, the last 5 have been big men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I'm referring to the old style, "traditional" big guys playing in the low post with their backs to the basket the entire game. Any of those type left? I did enjoy watching the Greek Freak the few times I watched the playoffs several years ago. He does have freakish talent.

Blog Entries

I played basketball in school. I have watched college ball since the days of Lefty at MD. I love HS basketball. My daughter plays at a D3 school. I officiate HS, travel, and rec basketball.

I say all of that to say this: I could care less about the NBA, but not much less before not caring at all. Don't watch it. As an official watching the 3 step league just isn't possible for me.
    Loved Maryland basketball back in the Lefty days. I did, like many, feel he was a great recruiter and a so so coach, just the opposite of Gary Williams. Lefty should have won a couple of Championships with the teams he had, but because of his coaching and team's having to win the conference tourney to make the big dance, he never was able to.

Blog Entries

Anyone who's seen the '87 - '90 MJ when he was at the peak of his athleticism would not even consider the comparison. He had no equal during that 4 year stretch imo.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Loved Maryland basketball back in the Lefty days. I did, like many, feel he was a great recruiter and a so so coach, just the opposite of Gary Williams. Lefty should have won a couple of Championships with the teams he had, but because of his coaching and team's having to win the conference tourney to make the big dance, he never was able to.
    Indeed. Lefty was a salesman, Gary a coach with lesser sales skills. Together they would have been unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Indeed. Lefty was a salesman, Gary a coach with lesser sales skills. Together they would have been unstoppable.
    That would have been a dream team, combining both their skills. Gary Williams seemed to get real lazy recruiting after winning the Championship. He thought he could win with lesser talent. Never happened again, sadly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Anyone who's seen the '87 - '90 MJ when he was at the peak of his athleticism would not even consider the comparison. He had no equal during that 4 year stretch imo.
    Do you think the late Len Bias had a shot at being as good as MJ?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

A shot yes, but not likely.

Until last year I was a teacher for children from 5 to 12 years old.
    The issue of step 0 began to be named all over the world by the NBA, at first it was hard to understand but it is something that great players have always done normally, like the euro step, they name it after ginobili but it is something that I have seen done for videos from long before.
    The problem is with the referees who don't charge what they should charge and charge what they shouldn't.
    It is difficult for the old school to understand because the difference is in the moment where the ball is caught, with foot on the ground or foot in the air.
    That's why it's nice to see players like Jokic, Doncic, Duncan because they still have and use the old school fundamentals, the new guys just reduce it. who holes from afar or dunk it with more energy.
    Of the current Butlers I like the most, Young from Atlanta.
    but I don't like the nba style, I still remember Pippen's defense against Magic in the finals, I don't see that now

Blog Entries

Yes. He was more polished in college than Jordan was, but it's hard to say how that would have projected into the NBA. Dean Smith was quoted once as saying that Jordan's progression was "eerie".
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh