Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MJ23 or LeBron James?

What do you think of this absurd discussion that is taking place today?
    I say absurd because anyone who saw His Majesty play has no doubts, but where do you think this discussion comes from that does not help Lebron at all?

Re: MJ23 or LeBron James?

I just think you can't compare players that played in two different eras. Lebron is a freak athlete, bigger faster stronger. But... MJ is the goat

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

totally agree, but it's so strange this hype that was created.
    In addition, the comparison for Lebron is unfair because everything he achieved will be minimized, which is a lot.
    but it was so great to see MJ, here in Argentina, hopefully, we watched the games on vhs a month after it happened (luckily then cable tv came along), lebron doesn't cause that

There is no discussion, it may have been close at one point but it hasn’t been under consideration for a decade or more:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think this will be a generational opinion. I think most over thirty will say MJ and those under will say Lebron

Also, why isn't Kobe more in this discussion? That's the real question

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Yes, Kobe was magically deleted from the conversation.
    what a beauty the basketball of the 80s and 90s, 2000 ruined everything

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Yes, Kobe was magically deleted from the conversation.
    what a beauty the basketball of the 80s and 90s, 2000 ruined everything
    MJ hands down, but as far as the NBA as a league, nothing comes close to the era of Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird, Lakers vs Celtics. That rivalry was the real deal, nothing better. I was a huge Lakers fan then (Showtime). The NBA has gradually been going downhill ever since, IMO. The 3 point shot has helped ruin the game, and taken the dominant big man out of the game, I don't watch it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    MJ hands down, but as far as the NBA as a league, nothing comes close to the era of Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird, Lakers vs Celtics. That rivalry was the real deal, nothing better. I was a huge Lakers fan then (Showtime). The NBA has gradually been going downhill ever since, IMO. The 3 point shot has helped ruin the game, and taken the dominant big man out of the game, I don't watch it anymore.
    Well, the dominant big man is back. He just swept Lebron’s lakers to make the NBA finals.

The last 3 MVP’s have been centers, the last 5 have been big men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the game evolved to such a level that it makes it boring, Jordan is human next to today's game, that's what makes MJ so unique, the game lost its fluidity, its artistic, its creative, today it's all too robotic.
    As they said above: bigger, faster, stronger, but something is missing......
    Carroll misses the low post game, but the high posts continue to dominate, next year pay attention to the French boy who will go to Spurs: Wembayamba 7'2 only who plays like Durant

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I played basketball in school. I have watched college ball since the days of Lefty at MD. I love HS basketball. My daughter plays at a D3 school. I officiate HS, travel, and rec basketball.

I say all of that to say this: I could care less about the NBA, but not much less before not caring at all. Don't watch it. As an official watching the 3 step league just isn't possible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I played basketball in school. I have watched college ball since the days of Lefty at MD. I love HS basketball. My daughter plays at a D3 school. I officiate HS, travel, and rec basketball.

I say all of that to say this: I could care less about the NBA, but not much less before not caring at all. Don't watch it. As an official watching the 3 step league just isn't possible for me.

Yep, I was watching highlights and they would walk before dribbling the ball . What was once called traveling is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    the game evolved to such a level that it makes it boring, Jordan is human next to today's game, that's what makes MJ so unique, the game lost its fluidity, its artistic, its creative, today it's all too robotic.
    As they said above: bigger, faster, stronger, but something is missing......
    Carroll misses the low post game, but the high posts continue to dominate, next year pay attention to the French boy who will go to Spurs: Wembayamba 7'2 only who plays like Durant

I have a feeling he's going to end up like the other tall thin kids with foot & leg issues.