Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Daelin Hayes Waived - OLB Depth

Daelin Hayes Waived

I thought we had a thread for OLB discussion but couldnt find it. I already think were thin at this position, and a 3rd year player is getting cut during OTAs. I didnt have that high of expectations, but im surprised anybody is getting cut right now, let alone somebody you hope would have some potential as a young player thats missed due to injury. I think some posters here thought hed be a good sleeper.

I absolutely hate going into the season relying on an unknown Ojabo and a known and disappointing Oweh as major contributors. Bowser is solid but you know what youll get from him. Tavius I expect to be more of a project than year one contributor. That leaves a lot to be desired from this position imo. To me its something they wil have to address for us to be successful.

Houston has to be the prime target here. Id like him back obviously. Other options are Melvin Ingram, Clark, JPP, Clowney... Is the consensus Houston is back and thats good enough, or is there other favorites/younger options. I think for me Melvin Ingram may be a good addition as well. I like the idea of carrying 6 again.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: Daelin Hayes Waived - OLB Depth

perspective - he was a 5th round pick that got hurt in his rookie year and really never contributed. By all reports (I know it's early) the two O's are gonna ball.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Ojabo has all the tools. He is long and rangy like Boulware, though not as thick as Suggs. The one thing that separated Suggs is that he could change direction and do it with power in either his arms or his legs.
    Ojabo, though, has an assortment of moves. Unlike fellow outside linebacker and friend Odafe Oweh, who is a one-dimensional speed rusher, Ojabo has the quickness to turn the corner as well as the strength to win in hand-to-hand combat against most offensive linemen.
    “I think he can rush inside and out,” Macdonald said. “The skill set, and it just gets on you a little quicker inside, so that’s something you have to get used to a little bit. We’ll probably start him outside and see where it goes from there — similar to what we did with Odafe last year.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think they'll sign Houston and/or possibly JPP as well in camp if they can. If not those guys then someone similar, a 10+ year vet type who doesn't want to do offseason stuff and most of camp. They both played well last year and in limited reps probably be effective again.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    perspective - he was a 5th round pick that got hurt in his rookie year and really never contributed. By all reports (I know it's early) the two O's are gonna ball.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Ojabo has all the tools. He is long and rangy like Boulware, though not as thick as Suggs. The one thing that separated Suggs is that he could change direction and do it with power in either his arms or his legs.
    Ojabo, though, has an assortment of moves. Unlike fellow outside linebacker and friend Odafe Oweh, who is a one-dimensional speed rusher, Ojabo has the quickness to turn the corner as well as the strength to win in hand-to-hand combat against most offensive linemen.
    “I think he can rush inside and out,” Macdonald said. “The skill set, and it just gets on you a little quicker inside, so that’s something you have to get used to a little bit. We’ll probably start him outside and see where it goes from there — similar to what we did with Odafe last year.”
    255 pounds. Seeing “225” made me feel ill.

I've long since lowered my expectations for the Ravens pass rush. I can't remember the last time we had a consistently good pass rush. Suggs and Doom era? We somehow had Suggs, Judon, and Z.Smith at the same time for 3 years and didn't break into the top 10 in sacks any of those years. Feels like our pass rush is just always underperforming

Hopefully it's fixed this year, somehow

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I've long since lowered my expectations for the Ravens pass rush. I can't remember the last time we had a consistently good pass rush. Suggs and Doom era? We somehow had Suggs, Judon, and Z.Smith at the same time for 3 years and didn't break into the top 10 in sacks any of those years. Feels like our pass rush is just always underperforming

Hopefully it's fixed this year, somehow
    We finished 6th in sacks this past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    255 pounds. Seeing “225” made me feel ill.
    Ojabo said he put on some weight this off-season (good weight). I bet he's probably playing around 260.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Teams can't carry as many players as they want. I believe there is still a roster limit of 90 players during the off season. If your roster is at the max, every time you sign a guy you have to cut one as well.

I'm gonna call it now. KingJabo will have 10+ sacks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We finished 6th in sacks this past year.

How many rushing just four? How many coverage sacks? Where do they rank in # of sacks / # of pass plays?

I legitimately thought Hayes got cut last year

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    How many rushing just four? How many coverage sacks? Where do they rank in # of sacks / # of pass plays?
    Who cares?
    Push those goal posts to another country for all I care.