Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Tim Scott enters the GOP presidential race

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Never said Trump was good or bad as POTUS. I liked some of his policies.

My issue is with the man. The human. He makes my skin crawl. He’s soo far left of a “conservative “ it’s not funny. He’s a narcissist. And for the record …I wasn’t a fan before he ran for Pres. That’s my point. Not him as Pres per se.

The man doesn’t have a values system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This actually seems to be a you issue. The discussion is who to pick as President. We aren’t deciding on who we are going to hang out with, who is a good guy to date my sister, who are we going to get to watch our kids while we go out for date night. You need to separate your feelings from your decisions on who will do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This actually seems to be a you issue. The discussion is who to pick as President. We aren’t deciding on who we are going to hang out with, who is a good guy to date my sister, who are we going to get to watch our kids while we go out for date night. You need to separate your feelings from your decisions on who will do a good job.
    It's a fact. A lot are only voting on his persona. It's funny how nobody can come up with something against his policies.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It’s about who I want representing me and my country as POTUS.

Trump can only serve 4 more yrs. If we can elect a guy like DeSantis ( who’s Trump like without the grossness) why not do that? We’d have potential for 8 yrs and depending on his VP…Scott, Haley, ….Gabbart(lol) …then maybe we hold the office for 12-16. It will take Atleast 8 yrs of winning the house /senate with a good POTUS to right this ship.

I fear Trump would only insight more animosity and strife.

Trump can only serve 4 more yrs. If we can elect a guy like DeSantis ( who’s Trump like without the grossness) why not do that? We’d have potential for 8 yrs and depending on his VP…Scott, Haley, ….Gabbart(lol) …then maybe we hold the office for 12-16. It will take Atleast 8 yrs of winning the house /senate with a good POTUS to right this ship.

Was Trump an embarrassment when working out agreements with Mexico on the Remain in Mexico policy where Mexico provided military help with the border crossers or when getting NATO members to fork over more money for their defense and warning Germany about the Nord Stream pipeline or going over to the middle east and negotiating massive peace treaties amongst arab nations and Israel or even his multiple visits with Japanese PM Abe. Remember Obama apologized for Hiroshima with his last visit.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It’s not bad to be a billionaire. It’s the other things that’s bad. Not all billionaires are narcissists and megalomaniacs.

So why include it in the demeaning description of Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Was Trump an embarrassment when working out agreements with Mexico on the Remain in Mexico policy where Mexico provided military help with the border crossers or when getting NATO members to fork over more money for their defense and warning Germany about the Nord Stream pipeline or going over to the middle east and negotiating massive peace treaties amongst arab nations and Israel or even his multiple visits with Japanese PM Abe. Remember Obama apologized for Hiroshima with his last visit.
    Again. I don’t have issues with his policies. It’s the total package.

Yes I can’t see past him as a human and you guys are ignoring that and only seeing his policies now that we’ve seen them.

That’s my point about DeSantis. He’s basically Trump without the nasty persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well..he is a billionaire..right? So it’s a fair inclusion. I coulda added Old White Man since he’s that also.

That's an assumption. With the Bushes and Rove involved in the DeSantis campaign I am HIGHLY suspicious.

Why not Trump in 24, DeSantis in 28 and 32? That's 12 years. As for Haley and Gabbart, WHAT? Haley is very Bush like and we would get those policies. Gabbart is better on foreign policy but she is a liberal. I like her because she's a straight-shooter and she isn't a slimy politician and she would likely keep us out of foreign wars. But her domestic policies, pass. Plus she is pro-choice though in the mold of the Clintons in the 90s (safe, legal, and rare).

Again. I don’t have issues with his policies. It’s the total package.

Yes I can’t see past him as a human and you guys are ignoring that and only seeing his policies now that we’ve seen them.

That’s my point about DeSantis. He’s basically Trump without the nasty persona.

You can't see past what you have been sold on Trump as a human being.

How many times has Biden insulted people of different ethnicity and that isn't a big deal? How about how corrupt that guy is, using our tax money to get a Ukrainian prosecutor removed from pursuing Burisma, THEN BRAGGING ABOUT IT?

Biden is pure scum and you aren't talking about that?

Well..he is a billionaire..right? So it’s a fair inclusion. I coulda added Old White Man since he’s that also.

So you use three adjectives, two of them demeaning, to describe the man as horrible and unlikable and I assume all three were meant by you to serve the purpose.

So that prompted my question.

Now, having it pointed out, you are saying it wasn't meant to show how terrible he is. I think subconsciously it was, but whatever. You have a visceral hate for the man, I get it. I don't have such a hatred toward anybody but I have a strong dislike for career politicians that never follow through and continually lie about what they intend to do in office because they never do it. That would include the Bushes and Rove, currently a large part of the DeSantis campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    It's a fact. A lot are only voting on his persona. It's funny how nobody can come up with something against his policies.
    Because he was wildly successful in putting money back in the every man’s pockets and renegotiating world trade, not to mention the most work ever towards peace in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Because it’s apparently better to not be independently wealthy until you make sweetheart deals while in office effectively stealing from the American tax payer like the rest of these loons “we elect”.