Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Ravens OTAs underway

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    from PFT :

" The 37-year-old Johnson was a fifth-round draft pick of the Buccaneers in 2008 and has also played with the 49ers, Sacramento Mountain Cats of the UFL, Browns, Bengals, 49ers again, Bengals again, Jets, Colts, Bills, Ravens, Giants, Texans, Raiders, Washington, San Diego Fleet of the AAF, Lions, Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL, 49ers a third time, Jets again, Ravens again, Broncos, 49ers a fourth time and now Ravens a third time. "

Johnson has almost been on more teams than my sister-in-law has been to different buffets. Keep in mind I wrote "almost" ... Bc
    To be fair your SIL she traveled the buffet circuit because she was forced to, what with her previous favorites all going bankrupt shortly after she became a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    To be fair your SIL she traveled the buffet circuit because she was forced to, what with her previous favorites all going bankrupt shortly after she became a customer.
    These never get old lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I’m interested in seeing how the defense shakes out. There seems to be a lot of pieces, but it will be interesting to see how they put them together.

For offense, it looks like most of the key positions are set, I’m looking forward to seeing how the scheme develops. Obviously it progresses throughout the season, but it will be fun to watch it develop from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How are the Ravens handling their left guard vacancy?

There won’t be too many position competitions for the Ravens this summer, but the team needs to settle on its starting left guard./
    some sources really built Cleveland up as a big-time prospect. I hope he still meets those expectations. he has a great chance this year.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    some sources really built Cleveland up as a big-time prospect. I hope he still meets those expectations. he has a great chance this year.
    the fact that they keep bringing in new guys gives me a little pause on Cleveland being it - hope he steps up

The ravens ability to develop interior lineman later in their rookie deals gives me hope. I doubt many people would have predicted powers would command such a large contract after the season in otas last year.
    With that said, work ethic was never a problem with guys like powers or Ryan Jensen.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

[Music note ]It's beginning to look a lot like Foot-ball, everywhere you go
    Take a look at the quarterback glistening once again
    With receivers and tight-ends a-glow
    It's beginning to look a lot like Foot-ball
    Toys in every store
    But the prettiest sight to see, is the offense that will be
    On your own score board

A pair of Zay & OBJ plus Andrews still can play
    Is the wish of La-mar
    An OC that will talk and will go for a walk
    Is the hope of one and all
    And Harbs and EDC can hardly wait for the season to start again

It's beginning to look a lot like Foot-ball, everywhere you go

There's a defense on the field, one that's good as well
    The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow
    It's beginning to look a lot like Foot-ball
    Soon the games will start
    And the thing that will make them ring
    Is the winning that they bring, right within your heart

It's beginning to feel a lot like Foot-ball, everywhere you go...
    But the prettiest sight to see, is the offense that will be
    On your own score board
    Sure, it's foot-ball once more [/Music note]

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Ravens OTAs underway

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    LOL Greg, she even wanted a steak from this to be bar-be-qued :

We told her it was made of plastic, so she looked disappointed ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the fact that they keep bringing in new guys gives me a little pause on Cleveland being it - hope he steps up
    Rwt, I hope so too, but for some inexplicable reason, I'm starting to think our starting 2023 LG will be (6' 4" - 330 lbs.) John Simpson. Cleveland was starting RG @ Georgia, so perhaps the move to the left side makes him uncomfortable (?) I thought he was heir-apparent to RG Zeitler, but Kevin Z. still does a good job and is not giving up his position to soon... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Cleveland looked the part and he had a great origin story when he spoke about eating squirrels. The problem is that's all fluff. The guy has to start earning it. He got off to a horrible start last year when he kept on failing the conditioning test. Obviously his head wasn't in the game in the offseason. This is make or break for Cleveland with the Ravens. He has to succeed this year or he won't be back in 2024

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cleveland looked the part and he had a great origin story when he spoke about eating squirrels. The problem is that's all fluff. The guy has to start earning it. He got off to a horrible start last year when he kept on failing the conditioning test. Obviously his head wasn't in the game in the offseason. This is make or break for Cleveland with the Ravens. He has to succeed this year or he won't be back in 2024
    he was the weight room icon in college and I think he got away with just overpowering guys. That won't work against the speed and wiggle in the pros.