Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens OTAs underway

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    @AdamSchefter
    Free-agent QB Josh Johnson, who has played for a record 14 NFL teams, is returning to the Ravens for the third time in his NFL career, per source. Johnson was with the Ravens in 2016, 2021 and now will be back again in 2023.
    I like Josh Johnson better than Huntley for a spot start if needed. Good move.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Ravens OTAs underway

from PFT :

" The 37-year-old Johnson was a fifth-round draft pick of the Buccaneers in 2008 and has also played with the 49ers, Sacramento Mountain Cats of the UFL, Browns, Bengals, 49ers again, Bengals again, Jets, Colts, Bills, Ravens, Giants, Texans, Raiders, Washington, San Diego Fleet of the AAF, Lions, Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL, 49ers a third time, Jets again, Ravens again, Broncos, 49ers a fourth time and now Ravens a third time. "

Johnson has almost been on more teams than my sister-in-law has been to different buffets. Keep in mind I wrote "almost" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    from PFT :

" The 37-year-old Johnson was a fifth-round draft pick of the Buccaneers in 2008 and has also played with the 49ers, Sacramento Mountain Cats of the UFL, Browns, Bengals, 49ers again, Bengals again, Jets, Colts, Bills, Ravens, Giants, Texans, Raiders, Washington, San Diego Fleet of the AAF, Lions, Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL, 49ers a third time, Jets again, Ravens again, Broncos, 49ers a fourth time and now Ravens a third time. "

Johnson has almost been on more teams than my sister-in-law has been to different buffets. Keep in mind I wrote "almost" ... Bc
    The guy has persistence and some experience, I'll give him that.

Nothing but respect for the niche and career Josh Johnson has created for himself. I hope he is a good vet in the room, something missing since RG3
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Great low cost signing.

I have some worries about Huntley tendinitis issue last season. Shouldn't linger but you never know.

If Bridgewater wasn't wanting to sign cheap enough. Josh Johnson is a low cost option that can be the guy if Huntley isn't OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    @AdamSchefter
    Free-agent QB Josh Johnson, who has played for a record 14 NFL teams, is returning to the Ravens for the third time in his NFL career, per source. Johnson was with the Ravens in 2016, 2021 and now will be back again in 2023.
    Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Championship!

"Houshmazilla...Put him on the board...CHAMPIONSHIP!"

I was convinced he was gonna be the "missing piece" for us in 2010 after we traded for Q. Man those were the days against the Steelers...the rivalry was at it's best...their defense just always came up with a big play when they needed it against us and their offense would do just enough.

BALTIMORE RAVENS:

Houshmandzadeh signed a one-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens on September 6, 2010 for the veteran league minimum of $855,000. However, since his $7 million salary with the Seahawks was guaranteed in his previous contract, Seattle paid him the remaining $6.15 million for 2010. During his short and disappointing tenure in Baltimore, Houshmandzadeh recorded only 30 receptions for 398 yards. He managed to score only three touchdowns, although one of them won the Week 4 divisional matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the 2010 Divisional Playoff loss against Pittsburgh, Houshmandzadeh dropped a critical pass which would've converted a fourth down and potentially changed the outcome of the game. That, combined with his frequent complaining and general poor play, led to him not being re-signed. "If I go to the right team I'll shock a lot of people", he said while he was a free agent

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    from PFT :

Respek to JJ. He prolly will play until he’s 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is happening today? Anything?

I see that this date is listed on Ravens dotcom as part of the offseason program, but I don't see a specific activity. Maybe it's just check-ins and conditioning tests?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Nothing but respect for the niche and career Josh Johnson has created for himself. I hope he is a good vet in the room, something missing since RG3
    Have you seen rg3 on tv? We needed someone to give Lamar a challenge of any kind, not just tell him he’s the greatest. Challenge him to work harder in the film room, during the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I like Josh Johnson better than Huntley for a spot start if needed. Good move.
    As do I.

I think paying Huntley over $2.6 million is not smart with a non Roman offense and you probably would get equal to better play from a guy from Josh Johnson.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So what is happening today? Anything?

I see that this date is listed on Ravens dotcom as part of the offseason program, but I don't see a specific activity. Maybe it's just check-ins and conditioning tests?
    Media access is really restricted for some reason so I don't think we will get much. I think the only day the Media gets access for the sessions this week is Wednesday.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.