Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens OTAs underway

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    He looks pretty fit in this shot. I hope it translates to locking down that LG spot.
    I fucking hope so.

He looks pretty fit in this shot. I hope it translates to locking down that LG spot.
    He does look more lean & trim, doesnt he? Nice sign.
    We haven't heard anything about him and conditioning tests, either.

Blog Entries

Looks like he's been cutting the fat off those squirrels and going a lot leaner.

Blog Entries

Jeff Z dropping some content

Harbaugh made pretty clear Wednesday that the team views recent signee Sam Mustipher as a backup center candidate, and he’s not really in the starting left guard mix. The Ravens could still add competition there, but at this point, Ben Cleveland and John Simpson have to feel good about the opportunity they’re primed to get this summer.7. Mustipher made 40 career starts with the Chicago Bears. Defensive tackle Angelo Blackson, who signed with the Ravens Wednesday, has made 42 starts in his career. It doesn’t feel like either veteran is a lock to make the Ravens roster, but they are experienced guys to have around competing for backup roles. It’s hard to quibble with cheap and experienced depth.

One thing to know about the recently adopted rule that allows a team to dress an emergency third quarterback who wouldn’t count toward the game day roster limit is the designated emergency signal caller still has to be on the 53-man roster. That creates an interesting decision for the Ravens, who have mostly preferred to keep just two quarterbacks on the regular-season roster. Would the Ravens be willing to keep both Tyler Huntley and Josh Johnson behind Jackson at the expense of cutting a player at another position who they’d prefer to keep? We’ll know that answer in a couple of months. Just because the Ravens were in favor of the rule, as Harbaugh said, doesn’t necessarily guarantee they’ll take advantage of it. They’ve shown they are comfortable going with just two quarterbacks before.

There will be plenty of time to monitor and discuss how Jackson is picking up Todd Monken’s offense. It’s obviously too early to make any conclusions. For now, Jackson is certainly saying the right things — “I’m loving it, so far,” he said Wednesday — and looking the part, too. I’ve said and written this before, but there have been times over the past two years when Jackson has looked like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Don’t misunderstand: It’s not that he’s looked miserable or unhappy. But for whatever reason, he just hasn’t consistently shown that excitement he always exuded earlier in his career. It’s obviously just one day, but on Wednesday, his smile was back and he seemed genuinely thrilled about the potential for the offense.
    Last edited by Greg; 05-30-2023 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Enlarge font

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Cleveland probably wins the LG spot. I'd bet he took college for granted due to his size and most likely always being stronger than everyone else. The NFL has probably humbled him thus far and he now knows he has to work hard since many are his size or just as strong.

He'll probably be the LG week 1

Given the change to the kickoff rules, Ravens could decide to replace a special teams guy with QB3 on the 53, moving ST to the practice squad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Cleveland probably wins the LG spot. I'd bet he took college for granted due to his size and most likely always being stronger than everyone else. The NFL has probably humbled him thus far and he now knows he has to work hard since many are his size or just as strong.

He'll probably be the LG week 1
    Not many starting guards are as big or probably as strong as him. It's more of an athleticism thing with him. He doesn't struggle against big NTs, it's the smaller athletic 3 techs that have given him some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's more of an athleticism thing with him. He doesn't struggle against big NTs, it's the smaller athletic 3 techs that have given him some issues.
    Ken Filmstudy wrote last year that on pass plays, it was obvious that pass rushers were reluctant to get close to Haffthór Cleveland and let him get his hands on them. They would rather try to run around him.
    (Even though that could be a long trip.)
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 05-28-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not many starting guards are as big or probably as strong as him. It's more of an athleticism thing with him. He doesn't struggle against big NTs, it's the smaller athletic 3 techs that have given him some issues.
    Too stiff needs yoga

10. Re: Ravens OTAs underway

Maybe it doesn't take him 5 times to pass the conditioning test this year.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Queen saying all the right things at his interview

Vinny said John Simpson has been starting at that LG spot.

Doesn't mean a ton right now because they aren't in pads, but man...I would have liked to see Cleveland really take over that spot. Disappointing that he still seems to not be able to really grab hold of that starting spot.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.