Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Top 200 plays in Ravens History

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I agree. I suspect the poster struggled heavily to find highlight videos of Jamal, although IIRC, that entire Browns game (2003-09-14) was on Youtube at one point.

Jamal shows up three times:
    • the 82 yard rush to start off his record-setting day vs CLE (2003)
    • a 77 yard catch and run vs NO (2002)
    • a 75 yard TD to close out CIN (2004)
    (He's also technically involved in the Sharpe TD vs DEN in the WC game in 2000)
    I still have it in VHS somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    A few comments…

It was 2007 not 2008 re the Ravens almost beating the Patriots who were on their way to an undefeated regular season. Billick’s last hurrah. Doubt it would have saved has job anyway but losing that game didn’t help (although they played awesome for the most part).

Those TWO 14 point leads that Joe helped secure and then was let down by the defense really hurts. Imagine if Lee Evans secures the ball in 2011 AND our D didn’t cave in 2014. We would be know as the Patriots slayers and our legacy under Joe would be looked at a lot differently than it has been for the most part (not a knock on him at all).

And yeah Brady bringing the leg up (what looked like intentionally) in the 2012 AFCCG was despicable. “Sorry man…” was all he could muster but dude…really? That was pretty blatant in my eye.

Good choices btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You're right it was the 2007 Patriots.

You're right about Joe too.

1. The season where both TJ Whosaraidohostnow and Boldin dropped TD passes from him against the Steelers in that playoff game that should have won the game.
    2. Evans drop/failure to fight and hold on plus Cundiff miss
    3. Defense blows two (2) 14 point leads he built (so much cheating in that game.. If you have the whole televised game, you'll note two things Kraft is shown sitting with the president of the network in his box and after both 14 point leads they take the highly unusual measure where they don't give TV timeouts after the Patriots score so the Ravens defense cannot gather themselves, but after every Ravens TD they take a timeout so the Patriots defense CAN gather themselves. It was orchestrated to put the Ravens at a clear disadvantage.

Could have been three (3) more potential superbowl appearances...

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Not a Ravens play but I would also love to see the Devin Hester kickoff return TD where the fake was so good it faked out the entire other team, the camera men, the refs and the refs were so clueless they called holding when there was none and it didn't count.

Ravens
    21. Also the game where Koch stuck a punt at the 1" line (wet soggy field, literally buried the ball in the muck) but the refs said Moore touched the ball when he didn't. They robbed him of the best punt ever (I think Zastadil and other retired punters were complaining about the refs stealing it from him too! It was that good.)

I still say the Anthony Mitchell blocked FG return for a TD in the 2001 Titans playoff game was the biggest play in Ravens history. It was the 4th quarter of a 10-10 game and that took the air out of the Titans. Then Ray's interception return TD sealed the deal. We all know what happened after that. The Mile High Miracle is a close second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I still say the Anthony Mitchell blocked FG return for a TD in the 2001 Titans playoff game was the biggest play in Ravens history. It was the 4th quarter of a 10-10 game and that took the air out of the Titans. Then Ray's interception return TD sealed the deal. We all know what happened after that. The Mile High Miracle is a close second.
    I have that play 2nd after the Mile High Miracle.

I put the Mile High first because he Ravens we're losing with 35 seconds left and the entire field ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    There are a lot of field-goals in our top 200 list.
    Well, when your field goal kicker is the best player on the team for several years…

I would have included Upshaw drilling Ben in the chest so hard that he said it still hurt two months later. I still say the roughing call was bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I would have included Upshaw drilling Ben in the chest so hard that he said it still hurt two months later. I still say the roughing call was bogus.
    That was such a great hit by Courtney and an unbelievably shit call by the ref.

The only time I remember Ben getting hit harder has Ngata breaking that ugly mug of his and, of course, Bart pile driving him into the turf back in 06.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One of my favorite plays was Kelly Gregg picking up a fumble and running it back 40-50 yards before running out of gas and Ray Lewis picked the ball right out of his hands to finish running it back lol !! I think it was against the Raiders

Another one I liked a lot and is maybe under the radar a bit is Flacco's game winning TD pass to Marlon Brown with no time on the clock in the blizzard game against the Vikings. I remember that was one of the craziest endings to a game as there were I think 5 touchdowns in the final 2 minutes. I thought that was one of Flacco's finest moments in a regular season game

I hope both those made the list

My favorite Ray Lewis play ever was against San Diego when he tackled Darren Sproles in the backfield on 4th and 1 that sealed the win. I remember Ravens were winning most of the game but Rivers and San Diego were really coming on strong late and that final drive... it almost felt like a given that they were going to score and win the game... then next thing I know, Ray shot into the backfield like a cannon and ended it just like that

10. Re: Top 200 plays in Ravens History

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    One of my favorite plays was Kelly Gregg picking up a fumble and running it back 40-50 yards before running out of gas and Ray Lewis picked the ball right out of his hands to finish running it back lol !! I think it was against the Raiders
    It was against the Raiders: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0609170rav.htm , but not on the list unfortunately. Looks like it wasn't a TD (IIRC, Ray wanted the ball but Gregg wouldn't give it) and didn't otherwise have "meaning" (e.g. end a close game), so it doesn't meet the criteria the user employed (or they were unable to find video of the play).

edit: looks like Ray ended up with the ball, but either Gregg was already OoB, or Lewis was when he grabbed it https://youtu.be/LGLyeXdT54g?t=45

Another one I liked a lot and is maybe under the radar a bit is Flacco's game winning TD pass to Marlon Brown with no time on the clock in the blizzard game against the Vikings. I remember that was one of the craziest endings to a game as there were I think 5 touchdowns in the final 2 minutes. I thought that was one of Flacco's finest moments in a regular season game
    On the list at 19.

My favorite Ray Lewis play ever was against San Diego when he tackled Darren Sproles in the backfield on 4th and 1 that sealed the win. I remember Ravens were winning most of the game but Rivers and San Diego were really coming on strong late and that final drive... it almost felt like a given that they were going to score and win the game... then next thing I know, Ray shot into the backfield like a cannon and ended it just like that
    Also on the list at 13.
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 05-29-2023 at 01:15 AM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

@organizedchaos21 I thought I remembered Gregg was trying to hand the ball off but none of the Ravens players would take it and kept running with him until the end where Ray took it from him. I could be wrong though. That might have been a different play? Or even a different player maybe?

12. Re: Top 200 plays in Ravens History

@organizedchaos21 I thought I remembered Gregg was trying to hand the ball off but none of the Ravens players would take it and kept running with him until the end where Ray took it from him. I could be wrong though. That might have been a different play? Or even a different player maybe?
    That play was Gregg's only significant FR return in his career, so it may have been a different player. However, per Ravens PR (http://www.ravenspr.com/records/records_complete.pdf), there do not appear to be many other options:
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)