Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RIP Jim Brown

Re: RIP Jim Brown

Old enough to have seen Brown play, and to this day, he is the best RB I ever saw.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

My original post somehow got deleted. His reputation concerning women was a mark against him. Nevertheless, in a nutshell, taking nothing away from his accomplishments on the field, I was more impressed with what he accomplished off the field. He used his stardom to good use, and our society is better for it.

CCx

You cleaned that up nice, His reputation concerning women, why didn’t you say his beating the hell out of multiple women over the years, that would be more accurate, lets face it the man was a POS when it came to the females, but we can over look that because he ran fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    My original post somehow got deleted. His reputation concerning women was a mark against him. Nevertheless, in a nutshell, taking nothing away from his accomplishments on the field, I was more impressed with what he accomplished off the field. He used his stardom to good use, and our society is better for it.

CCx

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post

CCx
    It’s truly such a ridiculous conclusion to come to. He assaulted women throughout his life, there are rape allegations, lord knows how many women simply decided to say nothing. And because he helped freaking criminals rehabilitate, our society is better for it? Give me a freaking break. I suppose you think Kobe was a saint as well.