Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Open letter to Steve B - Thursday Night Flex

I don’t think this one will pass, but I understand it from Amazons perspective. They literally got the trashiest games after paying a billion dollars. But I don’t think they need flex games to fix that. Stop scheduling trash teams like Washington, lions, and other teams no one cares about on Thursday.

Schedule good matchups before. The season on Thursday. Problem solved

Blog Entries

We all know the NFL is only after the biggest buck they can get, and I actually don't blame them because so am I in my own way. However, my devices for increasing my income do not affect others. We, as fans, have to realize that if they can "flex" a game, thereby making more profit, they don't give a $H!+ about our plans (airfare, hotel reservations, tickets, etc.). That should already be apparent... Bc

Looks like it passed...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

And as Baltimorean's - We know how making "Owner's pay for their own bad decisions" turned out the last time.

Giants, Jets, Packers, Bears, Raiders, Detroit, Bengals, Pittsburgh voted against it - to no avail.

The scheduling can start in weeks 13-17, and the NFL has to give the selected teams 28 days’ notice before announcing the move.

Thanks for sticking up for the PSL’s Sterverino.

More details

The NFL gives us a lot to be pissed off about. I think this pisses me off more than anything.
    People make plans months in advance and have to make a lot of arrangements.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-...football-games

I'm with you all on the complaints. If it were up to me Thursday night games would not exist. Still don't understand why they don't adopt Friday and Saturday night. I mean, I understand they are trying to respect high school and college traditions. But...

Still, keeping it to week 13 and a month's notice isn't horrible, as flex goes.

Looking at the Thursday schedules, I've noticed a lot of times these games feature one good team and one bad team. I can see how the networks fight over games, and accepting one good team is better than none.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm with you all on the complaints. If it were up to me Thursday night games would not exist. Still don't understand why they don't adopt Friday and Saturday night. I mean, I understand they are trying to respect high school and college traditions. But...

Still, keeping it to week 13 and a month's notice isn't horrible, as flex goes.

Looking at the Thursday schedules, I've noticed a lot of times these games feature one good team and one bad team. I can see how the networks fight over games, and accepting one good team is better than none.
    It's more than respecting traditions though, it is literally the law: Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thursday Night Football: Only two flexes are allowed all season. They must be done with 28 days advance notice. Teams cannot play two away TNF games in a season.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmw600 View Post
    It's more than respecting traditions though, it is literally the law: Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I went and looked that up and interesting read. The more you know. Probably should be revisited as we're what...62 years past that? Times change...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Bisciotti has always been pro NFL business. Why would you expect him to vote against profit moves.

Another FU to the fans in the stands, albeit a relatively small one. I feel bad for folks that fly to games and book everything when the scheduled comes out only to find out a month before the game it's been moved from Sunday to Thursday. The Monday night flex was already awful, this is worse. I'm glad they put the limitations on it they did, which was clearly done just to win a couple more votes. Next season they'll probably change it up again. TV is all that matters at this point.