Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Open letter to Steve B - Thursday Night Flex

Dear Mr. Bisciotti,

Please vote against this proposal and encourage your colleagues to do the same.

This proposal is a real poke in the eye to fans who attend games in person, particularly those who travel. Flexing in any situation is a real pain in the ass for attending fans, but this one is over the top. This proposal shows a blatant disregard and disrespect for attending fans.

Mr. Mara has it exactly right.

Please do not support this proposal. Vote for fans who come to the games.

Thank you

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ange-next-week

Re: Open letter to Steve B - Thursday Night Flex

I totally agree.

Unfortunately, in these days of TV contracts...TV money is so insane it will always come first over the fans attending games.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

There were some pretty bad games last year and they want better options. Plus Amazon is paying the league a billion dollars.

No idea if it will pass but there's a lot of money that says it will

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

i agree ! vote no to thursday flex

Blog Entries

Didn't they change the rules this year so every team doesn't have to play a TNF game? This should help with having more competitive games. I like to attend away games and that planning starts when the schedule is released if I book flights to LA around a Sunday game and they change it to Thursday at the last minute that's likely a big chunk of change to change those flights and hotels. It will make me reconsider the road trips I choose.

The only teams playing Thursday games SHOULD be teams coming off a BYE week or having played Thursday the preceding week.

No team should EVER be flexed from a Sunday game to be a Thursday game.

Anything else is FELONY PLAYER ABUSE

Blog Entries

I"ve seen where there would be a minimum of 15 days notice to flex a team and they're actually discussing making it longer. so it's not like you find out in the 11th hour

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I"ve seen where there would be a minimum of 15 days notice to flex a team and they're actually discussing making it longer. so it's not like you find out in the 11th hour
    so you wouldn't mind if you book a trip to see the Ravens play on a Sunday in Houston months in advance and then they switch to Thursday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    But that is the 11th hour for many people attending a game. If you have people traveling for the game, they have made their arrangements much more than 15 days in advance. I plan many events around when Ravens games are scheduled, so even getting flexed from a day game to a night game ruins people's plans.

If I plan a road trip to go see the Ravens in Vegas, I'm not planning to get there Thursday and sit around til Sunday on the off chance we get flexed.

EDIT: In other words, what helloharv said while I was typing this.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    so you wouldn't mind if you book a trip to see the Ravens play on a Sunday in Houston months in advance and then they switch to Thursday night?
    what I wouldn't mind is better lineups on Thursday night. I know most guys here don't watch those games but I watch every one of them. I get to see teams I normally don't focus on because they play on Sunday opposite the Ravens. Last year there were some stinkers; I'd welcome better games.

Yes there is a trade off but I'd like to see the game lineups improve.

Blog Entries

from what I'm seeing from these owners, doesn't sound like it has the support.

“Just make the schedule and play it,” Davis, the Las Vegas Raiders owner, told USA TODAY Sports during a break Monday at the NFL owners meetings.

In other words, Davis is squarely in the camp of dissenting owners – a group led most notably by New York Giants co-owner John Mara – who don’t support the proposed scheduling tweak in primetime Thursday games that conceivably would provide the NFL’s new streaming partner with more attractive matchups later in the season.

“Absolutely not,” Davis said, when asked if he could support the additional flexible scheduling.

The Ravens fans that gobbled up every conceivable plane ticket to Phoenix for late October better pray that game doesn't get flexed to Thursday. I was down in Marco Island on vacation last week and figured I'd wait til I got home to book the roadie to Phoenix. Bad idea. Plane tickets sold out just about everywhere. I still may go to the game via Tuscon. But I'm thinking that game is gonna be purple city.