Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.19.23

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Luckily I don't have prostate issues. Does serial masterbation stave off he need for a titanium hip?
    You may know this old joke, but if not :

A mother catches her son masturbating and says, "If you keep doing this you'll go blind!"
    The son responds, "Mom, can I just keep doing it until I need glasses?"

... Bc

The flock lost one yesterday, Ravens Superfan who was beloved on twitter took his life.

Rest in Peace Chuck, I really used to interact with him all the time. Its crazy.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The flock lost one yesterday, Ravens Superfan who was beloved on twitter took his life.

Rest in Peace Chuck, I really used to interact with him all the time. Its crazy.
    I saw that on Twitter! So sad and I'm sorry for your loss :( did he post here at all?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

So many people in pain out there. You just don't know who's at the point where they're considering suicide.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So many people in pain out there. You just don't know who's at the point where they're considering suicide.
    Terps, unfortunately so true. My wife, a retired Social Worker, dealt with several people contemplating suicide. She'd talk to them, with her soothing voice, then send them to a therapist. However, no matter what the professionals can do, or drug therapy for that matter, it's the person him/herself that has some dark part of their mind that cannot see the light.

ShadeRaven, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope Superfan Chuck is resting peacefully as his gloom and misery is now a thing of the past ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Terps, unfortunately so true. My wife, a retired Social Worker, dealt with several people contemplating suicide. She'd talk to them, with her soothing voice, then send them to a therapist. However, no matter what the professionals can do, or drug therapy for that matter, it's the person him/herself that has some dark part of their mind that cannot see the light.

ShadeRaven, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope Superfan Chuck is resting peacefully as his gloom and misery is now a thing of the past ... Bc
    Having to deal recently with my dad's suicide, if anyone is in that place, please reach out for help.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Free talk Friday - 05.19.23

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Having to deal recently with my dad's suicide, if anyone is in that place, please reach out for help.
    DrUnk, my heart aches when I hear stories like yours. People in pain can only think of what they're going though, it's natural... but in their suffering (that we can hardly imagine) they do not take into account those they will leave behind. A distressful hole in a family that can never again be filled. The suicide victim hopefully is at rest, but the family usually cannot enjoy holidays, their birthday, Mother's/Father's Day, etc. without thinking of the empty chair around the dinner table.

I wish you, and your family peace, my friend... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    DrUnk, my heart aches when I hear stories like yours. People in pain can only think of what they're going though, it's natural... but in their suffering (that we can hardly imagine) they do not take into account those they will leave behind. A distressful hole in a family that can never again be filled. The suicide victim hopefully is at rest, but the family usually cannot enjoy holidays, their birthday, Mother's/Father's Day, etc. without thinking of the empty chair around the dinner table.

I wish you, and your family peace, my friend... Bc
    Very well said, and thank you. We're at peace that he's at peace, but it really sucks. He did this to not be a burden, but didn't think it out so well...

Nvda ��

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Nvda ��
    No kidding. I kept on waiting for it to get down to $125 when it was $150 at the start of the year. I have a rule about staying disciplined and only paying at the price I calculate as a target. Everyone thought tech was going to keep going down including me. It then started to move up and sticking to my rules I didn't chase. I've been pissed about that ever since. Missed opportunities are the worst.

I need some of that discipline. I started putting spare dollars into the market via Robinhood in '19. A bunch of that went up immediately, like Moderna, Google, and Tesla. I think I had tripled my money on Tesla at one point. And then Musk started being the douche he is and it fell to $125/ and I bailed, with not much more than breakeven. I felt like it was always artificially high because of his charisma, and I was worried his Twitter mess would have just as strong a pull in the other direction. And of course within a couple months it was over $200. Had I set the correct target price I would have pocketed cash. This is why I shouldn't manage this stuff for myself.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

NVDA and AMD holder here. Woot woot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!