Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Off-season program updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Yeah, that’s the most disappointing part for me. I’m Scrolling through Bleacher and seeing clips of Burrow slinging the rock to Chase/Higgins and I’m just like damn. Burrow hasn’t even gotten paid yet. It just seems like they are pissed off for greatness like our players used to be. You can tell they love the game.
    I think most players on our team are still pissed off for greatness. Let's see if Lamar, after being handed his pot of gold, is still pissed off for greatness or becomes complacent. Time will tell. Optically, this isn't a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Personally I feel Ojabo is going to have a breakout season. I still question Oweh's selection. Here's hoping Smith can coach him up and we see some improvement. We need some sacks!
    Unless Oweh makes a big leap this year, Ojabo is just better. As he was coming out of college.

It's nice to see Todd implementing a different offense. At least this offense should be more balanced and harder to defend.
    It's great to see that Roq, Hamilton, Ojabo, and many of the other defensive players are there. I think this defense will definitely be a top 3 D. It should be much better.
    It would be great if all the players were there but it is voluntary. At the end of the day, if someone was to get injured then what would be the response? Just saying.

For what it's worth we are all different. While some of us are dedicated when we do something, others are not. Some things come easy to some people while others have to work at things to be good. I always believed that practice makes perfect but I am from a different generation. I won't judge but IMO it seems that the latter generations look at life differently. To many it seems they don't want to work for greatness, they just expect it. Who knows? Maybe Lamar does win us a Super Bowl. The story's not finished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Unless Oweh makes a big leap this year, Ojabo is just better. As he was coming out of college.
    WNCR, I agree, and a close eye will be on Oweh (who many of us, including myself, were not happy with drafting in 1st round) this season. In Ojabo's case, he had better be "as advertised" because we spent a 2nd round pick on an injured player who hardly played in 2022. I hope he gets double-digit sacks, but I really dislike the use of high draft choices on players who are hurt coming into the NFL Draft, as the team may waste their rookie season (as we did with Ojabo) and have one less year of team control... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Look I was one of the people after Lamar. Water under the bridge. Voluntary. Period.

People are just looking for a reason to go after Lamar now. Yeah would it be ideal? Sure. We and I mean I made a lot of assumptions when he was on the outs with us and the Ravens.

Now, if he doesn't have to be there then change the rules. Not going to dog him over that
    Huh?
    Mahomes, Rodgers, Burrow etc
    Everyone is at these camps…. So the new highest paid player in NFL history entering a season with an entirely new offense and he is perhaps the ONLY star QB at home practicing alone.

That’s not “looking for a reason” it’s smacking us in the face.

That said, is it the end of the world? Ko, but skipping OTA’s would be a massive slap in the face of every fan, teammate and member of the organization….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Listen, negativity breeds unhappiness. As long as Lamar isn't making public war, like he did, I have no problem with what he does in his private time. I agree, it would be good for him to be there, and as fucking hard I was on him, I will defend him for he is within the parameters of his goddamn contract.

If people here don’t think Lamar could be getting better by just showing up and absorbing this new system, you’re just putting your head in the sand. There isn’t one other person in the entire NFL that could benefit as much as Lamar Jackson could this year. His mechanics are notably poor, he has a bunch of new guys to figure out, AND HE HAS A WHOLE NEW OFFENSE TO LEARN!! The new offense alone would make this a priority for every other quarterback that puts a priority on winning.

And let’s face reality (I keep hearing Cordell Woodland use the excuse “Well Mark Andrews isn’t there either…), the Quarterback doesn’t need to just show up and learn *his* position. He needs to know what literally every player is doing on every play to maximize the offense, and know how to make checks and adjustments without thinking. Lamar is not this guy at this point in his career. If anyone needs EXTRA passing practice, and time with the playbook, it’s him. Period.

I was happy we resigned him at market value, but this is definitely disappointing, and he’s NOT doing everything he can, and in my opinion, he’s stolen money if he’s not doing more than the bare minimum. PROOVE SOMETHING on the field, then skip the camps.

"Monken spent the practice directing the offense like a downtown New York City traffic cop at rush hour." - Mike Preston

Let's go, Todd!!

Sometimes you do things not because you have to do them, or even want to do them, but because it's the right thing to do.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

I hope he is there for the madatory stuff and super invested.

But so far: Not surprised. He seems like a paycheck guy to me. I hope he grows and evolves out of that now thats he has gotten the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    If people here don’t think Lamar could be getting better by just showing up and absorbing this new system, you’re just putting your head in the sand. There isn’t one other person in the entire NFL that could benefit as much as Lamar Jackson could this year. His mechanics are notably poor, he has a bunch of new guys to figure out, AND HE HAS A WHOLE NEW OFFENSE TO LEARN!! The new offense alone would make this a priority for every other quarterback that puts a priority on winning.

And let’s face reality (I keep hearing Cordell Woodland use the excuse “Well Mark Andrews isn’t there either…), the Quarterback doesn’t need to just show up and learn *his* position. He needs to know what literally every player is doing on every play to maximize the offense, and know how to make checks and adjustments without thinking. Lamar is not this guy at this point in his career. If anyone needs EXTRA passing practice, and time with the playbook, it’s him. Period.

I was happy we resigned him at market value, but this is definitely disappointing, and he’s NOT doing everything he can, and in my opinion, he’s stolen money if he’s not doing more than the bare minimum. PROOVE SOMETHING on the field, then skip the camps.
    If Lamar was there Andrews probably would be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

I hope he is there for the madatory stuff and super invested.

But so far: Not surprised. He seems like a paycheck guy to me. I hope he grows and evolves out of that now thats he has gotten the bag.
    This motherfucker better not be Willie Beamon like I called him last season…