Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ravens Meet with Former Bears OL Sam Mustifer

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And not one poster countered with:
    “I watched this l, this and this game and saw this”

I will say, Cole came in and splashed cold water on the guy, and knows what he is talking about with Linemen, he may have scouted the guy a bit before commenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if we do that we risk starting a "Closer Look At Sam Mustipher" thread.

I do trust Cole looked at film.

Re: Ravens Meet with Former Bears OL Sam Mustifer

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I feel they could have signed someone better as well. I guess they're leaning on him being only 26, still with room for improvement. Like Cole said, hopefully he doesn't play.
    I don't think they are leaning on that at all. I mean we all watched Gino Gradkowski right? Who would in the right mind would have given that a guy a job?

Well multiple teams did. The reality is if you are a Center who can also play guard with starting experience you are going to get multiple opportunities in the NFL because versatility and experience outweighs everything else. I remember having a similar argument with steeler fans about legs back in the day they were always shocked they kept bringing him back but it really was as simple is he was willing to make backup money and could backup two spots on the oline.

I don't think Sam Mustifier is any good but I do approve of the idea of having cheap backup C/G and tackles rather than what we have been doing which is giving guys Mekari 6-7 million AAV. I mean don't get me wrong Mekari been a very good backup and he'll probably be one this year too in the case of Stanley going down but I'd rather sign or draft a swing tackle on the cheap and put that money into a pass rusher rather than a guy who may not even play 300 snaps
    Last edited by boller4president; 05-21-2023 at 07:52 PM.