Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: If the Ravens were picking in Washington's spot (16th), who would you have drafted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I personally would never draft a cb2 in the first round.

I’m going for high impact players.

QB, Rushing the QB, protecting the QB, WRs.

To me are the only worthy positions to take in first round.
    Jimmy and Marlo were bad picks?

Re: If the Ravens were picking in Washington's spot (16th), who would you have drafted ?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Jimmy and Marlo were bad picks?
    Hamilton, Heap, Reed, Lewis, other Lewis, I probably wouldn't consider Ngata a pass rusher that's a lot of pretty darn good first round picks.

QB, pass rush, WR, and O line is pretty much most of the roster though lol

I don't agree with categorically eliminating certain position groups from being drafted in the 1st round. If you think there's a generational talent, then you pick him regardless of what he plays

Restricting yourself to only QB/EDGE/OT/WR in the 1st round means the Ravens would have missed out on Ray Lewis and Ed Reed !!

Either Forbes or JSN.

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    What if Ravens traded for Hopkins beforehand ?

Still JSN or would u take a CB then ?
    If they had traded for DHop, then the pick would’ve been Emmanuel Forbes for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me the question boils down to whether you might take Gonzalez instead of Flowers.

I say that because the guys who do the Ravens podcast intimated that they thought Forbes was a likely, safe pick if Flowers didn't make it to 22. The fact that Forbes went ahead of Gonzalez, and I would have said no way Gonzalez makes it to 22, it was a bit of a surprise outcome.

Still, I take Flowers.

I understand the JSN vs. Flowers debate, but I'm not changing my pre draft wish list.

If I was picking at 16, I'd probably try to trade to 22 in order to get Flowers and an extra pick...if we're playing the what if game.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Hamilton, Heap, Reed, Lewis, other Lewis, I probably wouldn't consider Ngata a pass rusher that's a lot of pretty darn good first round picks.

QB, pass rush, WR, and O line is pretty much most of the roster though lol
    I’m not speaking historically by any means. Just what I see in the nfl today and where it seems to be trending.

How valuable are corners? Of course they are valuable, but how valuable in comparison to a decade ago.

I’d much rather find a guy that can rush the passer.

The chiefs in last years playoff run at one point had all rookie DBs on the field when sneed got injured.

What won them the game was Chris jones wreaking havoc on the backfield.

I prioritize in todays nfl, rushing the passer, and giving the QB time to pass.

You can win a lot of games in the nfl with those 2 things in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I’m not speaking historically by any means. Just what I see in the nfl today and where it seems to be trending.

How valuable are corners? Of course they are valuable, but how valuable in comparison to a decade ago.

I’d much rather find a guy that can rush the passer.

The chiefs in last years playoff run at one point had all rookie DBs on the field when sneed got injured.

What won them the game was Chris jones wreaking havoc on the backfield.

I prioritize in todays nfl, rushing the passer, and giving the QB time to pass.

You can win a lot of games in the nfl with those 2 things in place.
    Then would you take Calijah Kancey at 16 ?

I would have drafted Gonzalez.

Gonzalez was rated a top 10 pick. I’m sure the Ravens had him higher than Jones. JSN couldn’t get healthy last year with a hamstring. He was more risk than Jones which I’m happy was there.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Gonzalez was rated a top 10 pick. I’m sure the Ravens had him higher than Jones. JSN couldn’t get healthy last year with a hamstring. He was more risk than Jones which I’m happy was there.
    Who do you mean by Jones? Broderick Jones ?

Gonz, hands down. Should have been CB1 in the draft. I'd be shocked if he's not the best corner to come out of this draft.