Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

If the Ravens were picking in Washington's spot (16th), who would you have drafted ?

I know lots of people here seem to love the Zay Flowers pick but put that aside for one moment. You have the 16th pick in the draft and cornerback was a huge need. Do you go with Forbes like Washington did or do you go with Christian Gonzalez who fell a bit more than teams may have expected. Or do you go with someone else entirely ?

For the purposes of this poll, assume that trading down is not an option. Who do you take ?

I'd really love to hear your opinions

(I wanted to make a poll but seems I can't as a new member ?)

Re: If the Ravens were picking in Washington's spot (16th), who would you have drafted ?

For your convenience here are the 1st round picks again so you can see who was picked already and who was available at the 16th spot

Re: If the Ravens were picking in Washington's spot (16th), who would you have drafted ?

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    I know lots of people here seem to love the Zay Flowers pick but put that aside for one moment. You have the 16th pick in the draft and cornerback was a huge need. Do you go with Forbes like Washington did or do you go with Christian Gonzalez who fell a bit more than teams may have expected. Or do you go with someone else entirely ?

For the purposes of this poll, assume that trading down is not an option. Who do you take ?

I'd really love to hear your opinions

(I wanted to make a poll but seems I can't as a new member ?)
    Would have been a big discussion on whether I take Gonzalez or Flowers with Forbes an outside consideration (I'm a real big Manny Forbes fan personally and EDC was too if you listen to him on the Ravens podcast show). I probably take Gonzalez.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Jsn or Addison. I strongly disagree that CB is or ever was as big a hole as posters believe

Absolutely taking Christian Gonzalez there

I personally would never draft a cb2 in the first round.

I’m going for high impact players.

QB, Rushing the QB, protecting the QB, WRs.

To me are the only worthy positions to take in first round.

JSN for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSN, to me it’s a pretty easy decision.

He’s going to be an elite slot receiver from day 1. One of the best in football.
    I like Flowers too, but definitely a step down:

Does anyone have thoughts specifically why did Gonzalez fall? I thought he was talked about as almost interchangeable with Witherspoon as CB1a and CB1b

Was he overrated all along ?

I have to admit Forbes is really interesting to me and I'm wondering if anyone else would have picked him over Gonzalez and any of the wide receivers ?

He just looks so nice and smooth and really good instincts. If only he wasn't so damn skinny lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I personally would never draft a cb2 in the first round.

I’m going for high impact players.

QB, Rushing the QB, protecting the QB, WRs.

To me are the only worthy positions to take in first round.
    So u think only Witherspoon is the CB worthy of being a 1st round pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Jsn or Addison. I strongly disagree that CB is or ever was as big a hole as posters believe
    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    JSN for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    JSN, to me it’s a pretty easy decision.

He’s going to be an elite slot receiver from day 1. One of the best in football.
    I like Flowers too, but definitely a step down:

What if Ravens traded for Hopkins beforehand ?

Still JSN or would u take a CB then ?

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    What if Ravens traded for Hopkins beforehand ?

Still JSN or would u take a CB then ?
    Definitely a DB, even if at pick 22.

Probably Banks at 22, Forbes would be interesting at 16 , but scary. Gonzalez would be safer but less upside.