Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: International Games -- What's your view?

Quote Originally Posted by CTFan View Post
    In some ways, it seems like a freak show to me. Also, unfair to a team's loyal fans who lose a home game. However, I do like opportunity to watch a game while enjoying a fresh bagel, but usually I have stuff to do before getting glued to the TV for nearly 11 hours. What's your take?
    I don't care until it's the Ravens. Not a fan in that case as I work Sunday mornings.

But it's fine, I DVR the games and will watch it when I get home. I can FF through the commercials.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Do season ticket holders get a game off the price tag?
    Yes, they only pay for the games they get tickets for.

Pretty cool. If they were playing in Munich I probably would attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    If they take a knee, I'm gonna go ballistic
    Are we still going on about this?

Love the international games: Great road trip destinations. Four games on Sundays is tremendous entertainment.

Love further NFL expansion: Each expansion has resulted in a better product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Are we still going on about this?
    The shock of seeing this display on foreign soil will have a continued impact on NFL attendace for many years to to come.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Love the international games: Great road trip destinations. Four games on Sundays is tremendous entertainment.

Love further NFL expansion: Each expansion has resulted in a better product.

The shock of seeing this display on foreign soil will have a continued impact on NFL attendace for many years to to come.
    I really think the solution is to do a 4 team expansion. With 2 teams in England and 2 in Germany. Do serious road trips where teams stay on continent etc.

Maybe place that divisions top team into the playoffs in the conference that won the last Super Bowl and the 2nd place team in the other conference playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I really think the solution is to do a 4 team expansion. With 2 teams in England and 2 in Germany. Do serious road trips where teams stay on continent etc.

Maybe place that divisions top team into the playoffs in the conference that won the last Super Bowl and the 2nd place team in the othe
    r conference playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Werewolves of London!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Agreed - not too hard to understand this IMO...
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q

I like the international games. The London game was an absolute blast. Well, the three hours that the actual game was being played SUCKED, but man that was a fun week. A lot of people from all over Europe who are really into the NFL. It was great to see.

I also like being able to watch a game at 9a while I'm getting ready for my NFL day.

The problem I have is one the NFL does not seem to care about: competitive balance. It's a 17-game season, so each game is CRUCIAL. The fact that they haven't figured out a fair way to do this, or Thursday Night Football, or divisional rivalry games, is pathetic. It wouldn't be that hard to balance, but they are so worried about squeezing every last dime out of TV broadcasts that fairness goes right out the window.

I like that they are in Europe, but it should affect all 32 NFL teams equally.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I don't mind them, but will say I'm not a fan of what Jacksonville gets this year, which is back to back games in England. That seems like a pretty significant advantage to me where, since I imagine they stay over there, you get a full week acclimated to it vice a few days...but maybe it won't be. Is this the first time it's happened?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

A couple per year across the entire NFL is cool.

The current trend of turning it into basically a weekly thing like TNF.....I'm not a fan. Game quality is going to degrade and it messes with my fantasy football lineups

Blog Entries

Like others have said I can see it expanding till every team plays one game a year. It would be the 17th that way everyone has 8 home 8 away and the one neutral