Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Good Article: What could the Baltimore Ravens offense look like in 2023? (Gordon McGuinness)

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Here's what Nguyen wrote about this image:

"When the corner on the outside receiver (X or Z) got nosey and started to drive on the dig route, Monken would call his constraint play, which would have the X or Z break outside instead of running a dig. Having plays like this help protect your base plays from an overaggressive defense.

Game planning and play design also stood out when watching Monken’s offense. He always had a few interesting plays drawn up to directly counter the defense he would face each week."
    If Monken is as advertised on here, he'll be her 1-2 years and we'll be searching for another offensive scheme
    Burn it down

Re: Good Article: What could the Baltimore Ravens offense look like in 2023? (Gordon McGuinness)

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    If Monken is as advertised on here, he'll be her 1-2 years and we'll be searching for another offensive scheme
    He did great in his one stint as a head coach. He took Southern Miss from winless the year before he got there, to Conf USA champs in his third season. (QB Nick Mullens.)

Dude's 57. Teams have skewed so young with their HC hires this past decade – chasing the next McVay or Kyle Shanahan, I guess – that it's easy to imagine Monken getting passed over.

I wonder what he wants. His comments about the Georgia job and the Ravens job were all about established culture, stability, tradition of great defense, places where he could fit in and just add his specialty to an existing situation. That doesn't sound like a guy who's eager to take on a job of program-building.

Maybe Monken is at an age where he's willing to let a guy like Harbaugh have the headaches, while he sticks with the fun stuff: coaching on the field, scheming tactics for the next game, calling plays and fist-pumping in the booth. Or maybe he's just saying the right stuff while he bides his time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    He did great in his one stint as a head coach. He took Southern Miss from winless the year before he got there, to Conf USA champs in his third season. (QB Nick Mullens.)

Dude's 57. Teams have skewed so young with their HC hires this past decade – chasing the next McVay or Kyle Shanahan, I guess – that it's easy to imagine Monken getting passed over.

I wonder what he wants. His comments about the Georgia job and the Ravens job were all about established culture, stability, tradition of great defense, places where he could fit in and just add his specialty to an existing situation. That doesn't sound like a guy who's eager to take on a job of program-building.

Maybe Monken is at an age where he's willing to let a guy like Harbaugh have the headaches, while he sticks with the fun stuff: coaching on the field, scheming tactics for the next game, calling plays and fist-pumping in the booth. Or maybe he's just saying the right stuff while he bides his time.
    I’d think the former over the latter. He’s seems content to be “second fiddle”. Nothing wrong with that. Like was said..he’s 57. In 2 yrs he’s basically 60. Not a lot of guys wanna start a HC job in the NFL then. Great ones work around the clock. All year long. Who really wants to start doing that at 60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great post ed
    Thanks?...which post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    this is the most complete overview of the offense I've seen anywhere. https://theathletic.com/4522828/2023...urce=twitterhq
    Another great find and great read!....another thread worthy article if you ask me....but....
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    One of the cool things about Todd Monken is there's not really any tendencies.

He's definitely going to lean toward zone running, but Georgia used a ton of duo too so it's going to be a mixed bag (every team runs a mixed run scheme nowadays anyway), but the shift to Under C zone is going to unlock the PA Boot for Lamar which is nice.

Recently, teams have charged the mesh point and it's made those pistol/shotgun PAs tough. Zone boots will put that backside defender in a bind and should give Lamar more time.

In terms of usage, it's going to be a lot of 12 and 11, which is good. I think you'll see some 21, but mroe with Ricard playing an F or H role rather than a true FB. He's really only used Alan Cross as a FB in his past and he was a versatile H-back/FB piece.
    016:
    inline - 54
    backfield - 69
    other - 15

2017:
    inline - 81
    backfield - 21
    other - 15

I think you'll see Ricard's snaps drop SIGNIFICANTLY, but he'll still be used.

I'm expecting more 12 than 11 though tbh. I think they'll be able to work Zay in slowly and keep OBJ fresh, while capitalizing on the TE group.
    The only negative is that Harbaugh will still be managing the game. Wonder how many time outs that he will leave on the board if the Ravens make the playoffs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRaven View Post
    The only negative is that Harbaugh will still be managing the game. Wonder how many time outs that he will leave on the board if the Ravens make the playoffs?
    The offense just picked up 10 minutes a game by dumping Roman with getting the plays in so goddamn late. Time management will surely improve.