Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Good Article: What could the Baltimore Ravens offense look like in 2023? (Gordon McGuinness)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    One of the cool things about Todd Monken is there's not really any tendencies.

He's definitely going to lean toward zone running, but Georgia used a ton of duo too so it's going to be a mixed bag (every team runs a mixed run scheme nowadays anyway), but the shift to Under C zone is going to unlock the PA Boot for Lamar which is nice.

Recently, teams have charged the mesh point and it's made those pistol/shotgun PAs tough. Zone boots will put that backside defender in a bind and should give Lamar more time.

In terms of usage, it's going to be a lot of 12 and 11, which is good. I think you'll see some 21, but mroe with Ricard playing an F or H role rather than a true FB. He's really only used Alan Cross as a FB in his past and he was a versatile H-back/FB piece.
    016:
    inline - 54
    backfield - 69
    other - 15

2017:
    inline - 81
    backfield - 21
    other - 15

I think you'll see Ricard's snaps drop SIGNIFICANTLY, but he'll still be used.

I'm expecting more 12 than 11 though tbh. I think they'll be able to work Zay in slowly and keep OBJ fresh, while capitalizing on the TE group.
    Getting under c and being able to play action as a run heavy team should give Lamar a ton of easy throws even outside the numbers.
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Re: Good Article: What could the Baltimore Ravens offense look like in 2023? (Gordon McGuinness)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I flat-out think Likely is the least of our projected skill-position players. Andrews, Odell, Bateman, Dobbins & Zay all are more talented and have more upside as playmakers. I kinda worry that preoccupation with Likely will keep us from finding out what we have in Kolar,

I actually like Likely. I don't want to come off as a hater. He's very skilled, has excellent field awareness, and some wiggle. He's a type of player that I tend to like & trust. I like that type a helluva lot more than the Perrimans: height-weight-speed guys who can't read defenses or catch.

But with all the big-play weapons now on the roster, I don't want to prioritize a guy in this offense who is basically slow Pitta.

Player Hght Wght 40 shuttle 3-cone
    Pitta 6-4½ 245 4.68 4.17 6.72
    Likely 6-4½ 245 4.80 4.57 7.33
    Jim your stats comp is chefs kiss

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I flat-out think Likely is the least of our projected skill-position players. Andrews, Odell, Bateman, Dobbins & Zay all are more talented and have more upside as playmakers. I kinda worry that preoccupation with Likely will keep us from finding out what we have in Kolar,

I actually like Likely. I don't want to come off as a hater. He's very skilled, has excellent field awareness, and some wiggle. He's a type of player that I tend to like & trust. I like that type a helluva lot more than the Perrimans: height-weight-speed guys who can't read defenses or catch.

But with all the big-play weapons now on the roster, I don't want to prioritize a guy in this offense who is basically slow Pitta.

Player Hght Wght 40 shuttle 3-cone
    Pitta 6-4½ 245 4.68 4.17 6.72
    Likely 6-4½ 245 4.80 4.57 7.33
    You aren’t wrong, but that just shows how talented we are on offense right now. This might be unpopular, but I think he has just as much of an upside as Bateman talent wise. He showed a lot last year in especially in moments where we didn’t have much else out there. The play where he mossed Eli Apple is an example.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    TBH I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd still like to see more running than passing. Just that the passing game needs to make sense and be more efficient. No more wheel routes for the 300 lb fullback on 2nd and 8.
    Thank you. I'm not alone in this.

Some Monken plays from his time at OK Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

When you draw them up that way, it looks so simple in a “so what the big deal” way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

https://postimg.cc/B8pTQy2N
    Some Roman plays from his time at San Francisco
    (2014 playbook)

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    TBH I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd still like to see more running than passing. Just that the passing game needs to make sense and be more efficient. No more wheel routes for the 300 lb fullback on 2nd and 8.
    This is where I am. I would like to see the offense spread it out more and to be more explosive. I want to see a dominant run game with a more efficient passing game. WR should be able to make big plays if the running game is working.

Blog Entries

Roman's :

Leading to a FG if you're lucky.

Monken's :

Leading to TDs.

I prefer the latter... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

Roman's :

Leading to a FG if you're lucky.

Monken's :

Leading to TDs.

I prefer the latter... Bc
    think I may finally be able to change my sig?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

At this level of the game most NFL offensive coordinators have at least access to the same kinds of plays in their playbook. Nobody is reinventing the wheel here, outside of some trick plays perhaps.

What sets people apart at the NFL level is their ability to game plan for their opponents and prepare their team to execute, their feel for “flow” and the right calls to make in-game, and their ability to make adjustments when they hit a wall. Most of these traits are not limited by lack of plays in the playbook, unless those plays haven’t been practiced or dusted off in preparation for game day.

Your players need to be able to run the routes and execute the concepts in their sleep. And you need to be attuned to it if they aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    think I may finally be able to change my sig?
    "World Domination 3 Points at a Time!"
    Rwt, yes (hopefully) to "World Domination 7 Points at a Time!"

... Bc