Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What to do with Patrick Ricard?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True but he might be a worse receiver than Ricard. He had some brutal drops in college. Even if he doesn't have to catch much he still has to be at the tackle eligible level.
    This. No point in talking about that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The UDFA TE from Nebraska, Vokolek, is huge and excelled as a blocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Wait you want a UDFA to take the place of an AllPro?
    Where in my statement do you see me saying I would take him above Ricard? I simply mentioned him as someone who could be competing for the same role for those people, like the OP, who don't value Ricard.

I earlier had said that I didn't think they have anyone who appears to challenge Ricard for a blocking tight end role, if that's how they envision him, and then I scanned the IDFA list and saw this guy, whom I do not know.

I realize we all don't read every post, so I do see where you might jump to the conclusion I was touting the guy, without the earlier context. But, for the record, I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True but he might be a worse receiver than Ricard. He had some brutal drops in college. Even if he doesn't have to catch much he still has to be at the tackle eligible level.
    And if that's what we see in camp, he gone. You're right.

Someone no one is talking about is going to be the guy who makes it. Most would guess Mitchell or Demus, but maybe not. The Ohio University DT is interesting to me...but everything changes in July and August.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    Keep him. He’s worth the $ if used intelligently. I can’t help thinking back to another TE we let go, “Juice” (I’m part Polish and I wouldn’t even attempt to spell his name). We let him go because of $ and he went on to achieve some greatness elsewhere (SF?)
    I believe you are referring to Kyle Juszczyk with the 49er's. He was an All Pro FB with the Ravens before moving onto the 9er's. He was not a TE and was a All-Pro before he moved on.

Ricard IMO will be used much less than last season because I believe Monken will evolve the offense and will utilize different formations and schemes.

I agree with the consensus. I feel Ricard's playing time will be lessened drastically this season and he will not be cut/traded. I do feel that Monken will change the offense and this will limit Ricard's time on the offense. Who knows? He may fill in elsewhere, defense or special teams? Maybe we have injuries and then we go back to a run heavy team(hoping not) and he gets more playing time. It's nice to have him around. You never know when things may change.

5. Re: What to do with Patrick Ricard?

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Wait you want a UDFA to take the place of an AllPro?
    So, are you saying an undrafted free agent cannot become a perennial Pro Bowler / All-Pro? Because guess what: Pat Ricard himself was not drafted! Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    So, are you saying an undrafted free agent cannot become a perennial Pro Bowler / All-Pro? Because guess what: Pat Ricard himself was not drafted! Just saying...
    Sure, 1 in 100 do just that, but have any done it as rookies? Ricard wasn’t this good immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I have serious doubts this will happen (cause he's definitely one of Harbs guys), but not sure how it makes any sense to keep him post-Roman. He's got a 4mil cap hit this season and we can save nearly 3mil of that in the cap if we cut him post June 1.

I don't know much about Monken's offense, but is FB even a position he utilizes much? How are we gonna get him on the field with all these new weapons and new philosophy? As good as he is at his job, having him line-up wide or taking screen-passes was a Roman-era philosophy that just doesn't make sense to employ anymore in a new offensive regime. Is there any argument for keeping him?
    Monken has never utilized a FB in his offense

That would put him with the vast majority of NFL OC's
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    Monken has never utilized a FB in his offense
    He never relied heavily on 12 personnel until his roster “made him” either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold prediction: This will be Ricard's last year with the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Bold prediction: This will be Ricard's last year with the Ravens.
    I think everyone kind of knows that

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

There is like 1 person in Baltimore that cares about Ricard at this point lol