Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Second Free Agency Wave

While there are FAs younger than Houston, he knows our defense and is willing to play with limited snaps. That's good for him, and the young players who need more playing time plus a role model. He's got the right attitude and I think he'd sign for a reasonable contract. He's the guy I want back... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    All of the remaining pass rushers left are on mercenary status. Leonard Floyd and Justin Houston please.
    Floyd and Houston are not mercenaries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

didn't we put some type of hold on Houston last year? forget what it was called but if he didn't find a better offer , he was basically a Raven?

or am i wrong?

why not do that again?

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    Floyd and Houston are not mercenaries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I think Marvin is saying Floyd and Houston are the mercenaries that he prefers.

Blog Entries

curious to see what happens with Zeke. He's going to have to take 1/3 of what he is making because no team will pay him $12M IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    didn't we put some type of hold on Houston last year? forget what it was called but if he didn't find a better offer , he was basically a Raven?

or am i wrong?

why not do that again?
    Yep, it was a UFA tender. Means if he signs with another team between now and the start of training camp (July 22?) he counts toward the compensatory picks, and if not signed then Ravens have exclusive rights. They have to want Houston back, probably have a $$ number in mind if they want to that Houston would accept, and if he can sign elsewhere if he gets a bigger offer.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Yep, it was a UFA tender. Means if he signs with another team between now and the start of training camp (July 22?) he counts toward the compensatory picks, and if not signed then Ravens have exclusive rights. They have to want Houston back, probably have a $$ number in mind if they want to that Houston would accept, and if he can sign elsewhere if he gets a bigger offer.

Houston would be put to more use early not letting Ojabo get on the field. Then once he slowed down Ojabo would be expected to pick up the slack around game 6. Or they still sign Houston as a situational guy or to fill in if Ojabo struggles.

Blog Entries

With injuries, we burned Houston out, as we did with Calais.
    Have to limit older guy's snaps.
    We did last year for Justin and he had a large sack year, and he can do it again here if we limit his snaps.
    Houston is still a very effective limited snap weapon, especially late in the game if he is rested and their OL isn't.
    Urban spelled Calais and Urbans snaps were so low, Before Urban, Calais was on fumes late in games.

Calais Campbell 2021 617 snaps 56.7% snaps 1.5 sacks
    Calais 2022 550 snaps 50.32% 5.5 sacks Urban 27.36% 229 snaps

Houston (2022) 397 snaps 37.332% and his sack total was 9.5 Oweh 634 snaps 58%
    The year before (2021) Houston had 579 snaps 53.22% and his sack total was 4.5

I've said it before, older guys need rest (snap limits)
    Houston could be a great late addition, provided the price is right and provides we don't have to cut some very claimable player.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

It's now 5/17 and hear that Peters had a visit with the Raiders. We already signed Ya-Sin. From that list I would like to see Peters and Houston back.

We all know there will be other cuts before the season begins. We know EDC will be checking it out and will find the right player/right price. Maybe 1,2 or 3 additions. I think we will have to wait awhile to see how training camp goes and then fill in any unexpected needs. Let's see what happens.

I'd rather focus on the pass rush than CB. Though it is still a concern as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I'd rather focus on the pass rush than CB. Though it is still a concern as well.
    Yeah, my list is Houston (#1) and Peters (#2), but I'd like them both to be Ravens in 2023... Bc