Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Second Free Agency Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Peters claim to fame is his instincts and pick 6 capability. After a torn knee and losing a step to injury/age, it’s only down hill for him I am afraid.

Would rather the money be spent on someone young instead of another aging veteran.
    Hey I’m down as long as the younguns bring that dog mentality lol

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Frank Clark Edge

Yannick Ngkaue Edge is somehow available and still only 28 years old.

Would not surprise me if Rock Yasin has an agreement to sign once the comp pick thing is over
    For every sack yannick has, he has run himself out of 12 other plays. He is a horrible nfl player that puts up sacks but does everything else poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    For every sack yannick has, he has run himself out of 12 other plays. He is a horrible nfl player that puts up sacks but does everything else poorly.
    This is really harsh but also true lmao

Nobody seems to be in a hurry to sign veterans right now it seems.

I'm only seeing Latavius Murray and Billy Turner. Anyone else?

that list of names is so bad that I'd rather see what we get from UDFAs.

So we also could look at some potential trade candidates. We may be uniquely qualified to eat a contract that may be undesirable to one team that may desirable to us.

How about Kendall Fuller? For a future day 3 pick, or maybe some scraps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So we also could look at some potential trade candidates. We may be uniquely qualified to eat a contract that may be undesirable to one team that may desirable to us.

How about Kendall Fuller? For a future day 3 pick, or maybe some scraps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like this idea

I think Peters would benefit from a more zone friendly defense with another year of recovery. I was pretty disappointed last year with the amount of times he seemed to be in position to make a play on the ball and just couldn't seem to get there for pass defenses.

Maybe another year of recovery and rest this year would build up his confidence better and have him in a better space physically and mentally.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think Peters would benefit from a more zone friendly defense with another year of recovery. I was pretty disappointed last year with the amount of times he seemed to be in position to make a play on the ball and just couldn't seem to get there for pass defenses.

Maybe another year of recovery and rest this year would build up his confidence better and have him in a better space physically and mentally.
    Yeah, I’ll be honest I might be a little too sentimental for Peters even though he wasn’t here for a long ass time. We just haven’t had a corner make plays on the ball like he did since cmac and I love corners with swag

Blog Entries

At this point I would go after Matt Ioannidis and Ya Sin. Maybe bring back either JPP or Houston but we'll see.

I think we should go into the season with a nest egg so that we can trade for a guy if something bad happens. We could use Andrews and Humphreys contracts as a nest egg too.

If OBJ or Bateman goes down, at least we could trade for a veteran. Similarly, if Cleveland or Simpson are not up to it, we could trade for a guard etc

I think a handshake deal is in place for either Ya Sin or Peters and I'd bet Houston is coming back too.

I know most here want Ya Sin over Peters but I'd prefer Marcus. Remember, neither Dobbins, Edwards or Peters were 100% back last year so all 3 will be faster and stronger this year. And Peters is still only 30.

What's Ya Sin had in his career... 2 INT's? Although he may be better in coverage than Peters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    I think a handshake deal is in place for either Ya Sin or Peters and I'd bet Houston is coming back too.

I know most here want Ya Sin over Peters but I'd prefer Marcus. Remember, neither Dobbins, Edwards or Peters were 100% back last year so all 3 will be faster and stronger this year. And Peters is still only 30.

What's Ya Sin had in his career... 2 INT's? Although he may be better in coverage than Peters.
    Ya Sin is better as a press man corner. We have Marcus Williams at FS who gets a lot of ints. Humphrey can get turnovers too... We don't necessarily need a turnover machine at CB2, we just need someone who isn't going to give up big plays or get nickel and dimed up and down the field. I think Ya Sin fits that role. I would like Peters as well, but I think he is more of a big play corner and will give up yards and big plays here and there. Ultimately, it will come down to what MacDonald prefers to have at CB#2.