Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of Queen

Blog Entries

Re: Status of Queen

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they can flip Patrick Queen for a 2nd, they'll do it.
    in a heartbeat.

i dont know who would do that. Im not sure who would give up a 3rd or 4th even.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Be lucky to get a half-eaten sandwich for him. He is a non-factor if he isn't paired with a superstar. He was drafted to be a Roquan. He didn't. There is plenty of talent to be had at a price far less in terms of trade value and length of contract to be had.
    Queen was good before Roquan got here. I don't know what games you were watching but he is great in coverage, had 5 sacks and two interceptions and 117 tackles. He is well above average player. If you get rid of him you will have the same issues you had before we got Roquan. Might as well not even acquired Roquan.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We got Roquan for a 2&a 5, but Queen is worth a Third?

And then is going to sign one of the top 5 or so contracts in Free Agency?

I think we need to temper our expectations…

A 4th in trade might be optimistic, and a 5th round comp pick would seem realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll see. The market for inside LBs is down, so in hindsight I agree that a 3rd round comp type of contract would be optimistic. Hopefully he makes some splash plays, the Ravens go on a deep run and someone gives him out out-sized contract?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Queen was good before Roquan got here. I don't know what games you were watching but he is great in coverage, had 5 sacks and two interceptions and 117 tackles. He is well above average player. If you get rid of him you will have the same issues you had before we got Roquan. Might as well not even acquired Roquan.
    I don't know what you were watching either. I see him get trucked and out of place. He even got benched. You are out of your mind. If he were any good, the Ravens wouldn't have gotten Ro.

Blog Entries

We still have Daelin Hayes on the roster and entering his 3rd year, we should see some progress, can he play Queen's spot?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I like Queen with Roquan. Queen is like a torpedo. With smith helping him understand what to do on the field he looked a lot better. I’d keep him for this year. But no doubt he has requested a trade. Only makes sense after Roquan got $100m. Queen knows ravens ain’t giving him a dime after this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't know what you were watching either. I see him get trucked and out of place. He even got benched. You are out of your mind. If he were any good, the Ravens wouldn't have gotten Ro.
    Queen never got benched. What have you been smoking. Never played less than 81 percent of the teams snaps in a game last season.

Status of Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    jon, my answer would be "NO." Why not keep him for a year then get a Comp Pick?... Bc
    He might not sign for enough to get more than a fifth round comp pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    We still have Daelin Hayes on the roster and entering his 3rd year, we should see some progress, can he play Queen's spot?
    If he could have played in Queen's spot Bynes wouldn't have been playing before Roquan got here.

Blog Entries

Unless someone is going to give us a 2nd rd pick for him, I say don't do it. He is too valuable for 2023. We need a top 10 defense if we want to win the SB. Doesn't have to be record setting now that the offense has been significantly upgraded, but it still needs to be top 10.

Bowser is pretty versatile. He can rush the passer from the inside. Can he drop back on coverage? Maybe he can replace Queen.

I imagine that would allow a mix of Ojabo, Oweh, Houston(?), JPP (?) being on the field more.

Queen and Bateman for Hopkins and a late round pick? Is that unreasonable or foolish? Both?