Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Greg Roman post-Ravens interview

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Does anybody have the numbers as to how much zone read Roman used prior to Lamar and after?
    I don't know how much exactly zone read plays were called, but in terms of rushing attempts, between Lamar/Kap/Taylor, it's not close...Lamar was well into over 100 rushing attempts every year and the 2 that he was healthy, he was averaging around 165 attempts. In his six years with Taylor/Kap, each guy only had one year with over 100 attempts and they were barely over 100.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    There were 10 OC openings in the league this off-season not counting the Ravens opening. Not only didn't Roman get any of them, he only got one pity interview with the Commanders. He has almost exclusively been employed by a Harbaugh or a Harbaugh ally for more than the past 20 years. No team wants him. He might get a job somewhere as a run game coordinator, but no one seems to want him to be their OC.
    He’ll probably be offensive for someone….

At the high school level this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1641836213681152000?s=20

romanettes big sad 😔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I recall in the 2019 offseason everyone, John and Roman were talking about this "new" offense they were installing that year because of Lamar's talents. Does nobody remember all that talk about how they were making changes and Harbaugh and Roman talking about how this offense wouldn't be like anything before? They were saying that they weren't necessarily going to be creating entire new formations and stuff, but they were putting things together in a way never seen before. It was literally the talk of the entire 2019 season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkar...h=6fc87cdc2a99
    lol 3 years later scrapped harbs goat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Lamar has made audibles before. Usually end up with no gain.
    More like Lamar checked out of the shittiest play, and checked into the least shittiest play of the 2 or three he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    lol 3 years later scrapped harbs goat
    No question it got worn out quickly.

I remember Ex was right about him way back, even as Lamar was tearing up the league in 2019, he expressed his serious concern way back then about Roman not being the guy that would be able to evolve the offense to improve in the pass game. He was definitely 100 percent on it back then about Roman....I remember I was pretty much in on Roman back then, I was definitely wrong.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Is greg roman holding out?
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

We had a whole thread on this where people were taking pics of plays from the niners and bills and matching them with the ravens plays in some instances the niners and bills had the same exactly plays too this is not new.

The Lamar haters always skip these threads. It’s almost like they hate him not because of his QB play, but something else… hmm I wonder what that is…

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    We had a whole thread on this where people were taking pics of plays from the niners and bills and matching them with the ravens plays in some instances the niners and bills had the same exactly plays too this is not new.
    Same exact high school plays lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    The Lamar haters always skip these threads. It’s almost like they hate him not because of his QB play, but something else… hmm I wonder what that is…
    It's because he has fractured the fan base.....no side is right, but without question it's polarized all of us because of the he has handled his business. Badly, with immaturity and childish behavior.

I can't think of one other player in sports who has managed to do this quite as well

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans