Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Time to get tough with Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    I’m truly flabbergasted that there are a lot of posters that think the next move in negotiations is to up the offer. Not only are you at this point negotiating against yourself, but this goes against the Ravens philosophy in general of building a team.
    Yeah, we know by their business sense what was carried out of a 7-11 was what they would call their most successful business deal..
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    You don't reduce the offer.

You give him a deadline.

We need to know 1 week before the draft if you accept our last best offer. You have until then to find a trade partner (the Colts) and a contract with them, or accept or terms, but one way or the other the offer gets pulled eventually.

My assumption here is that if he stays after this deadline (can't find a contract), he is playing on the NE tag for '23? Do you let Lamar know that you will not match an offer that is "reasonably" higher than ours and with acceptable compensation?

Ghetto dumb....it's what it is.
    It's why we were able to draft hm
    They had to know this going in...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

A multi-billion dollar corporate entity is supposedly being held hostage by "Ghetto dumb". What does that say about them?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    A multi-billion dollar corporate entity is supposedly being held hostage by "Ghetto dumb". What does that say about them?
    Ghetto fab

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

And we put the Non-Exclusive tag on him and scared the league into believing we’d match any offer sheet for him, while hoarding cap space and potential restructures, and doing LESS than nothing in Free Agency, because our only outside move (Nelson Agholor) was an overpay and a net negative. So then if he’s ‘Ghetto dumb’ then we must be the dumbest fucking organization on the planet earth.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar missed 17 games the past 2 seasons? Are you counting preseason? How did you get to 17?
    This board has turned into, “if I said it, it is the truth!”

Blog Entries

I’m truly flabbergasted that there are a lot of posters that think the next move in negotiations is to up the offer. Not only are you at this point negotiating against yourself, but this goes against the Ravens philosophy in general of building a team.
    You are flabbergasted because you don't want Lamar on the team. Those who want to up the offer want to find a way to get him to sign a deal. They aren't pushing for a fully guaranteed offer. It's more of a line in the sand that hopefully gets him to accept.

I personally wouldn't do it. The leaked offer I heard seemed more than fair. I don't think increasing it to anything other than exactly what Lamar wants gets him to sign. I do though understand the logic from those who think increasing the offer would change his mind

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You are flabbergasted because you don't want Lamar on the team. Those who want to up the offer want to find a way to get him to sign a deal. They aren't pushing for a fully guaranteed offer. It's more of a line in the sand that hopefully gets him to accept.

I personally wouldn't do it. The leaked offer I heard seemed more than fair. I don't think increasing it to anything other than exactly what Lamar wants gets him to sign. I do though understand the logic from those who think increasing the offer would change his mind
    Exactly. I see it in my line of work all the time … buyer could be the only show in town, but the seller doesn’t want to sell below a certain price. How do you get them to sell? Increase your offer. Even if it doesn’t meet their valuation it’s a tried and true tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And we put the Non-Exclusive tag on him and scared the league into believing we’d match any offer sheet for him, while hoarding cap space and potential restructures, and doing LESS than nothing in Free Agency, because our only outside move (Nelson Agholor) was an overpay and a net negative. So then if he’s ‘Ghetto dumb’ then we must be the dumbest fucking organization on the planet earth.
    who are you willing to cut to bridge the non exclusive and exclusive, give me names

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Exactly. I see it in my line of work all the time … buyer could be the only show in town, but the seller doesn’t want to sell below a certain price. How do you get them to sell? Increase your offer. Even if it doesn’t meet their valuation it’s a tried and true tactic.
    I truly hate this analogy, sure the deal will be done with more money, but you are losing value.

I truly hate this analogy, sure the deal will be done with more money, but you are losing value.
    No you're not. Because this isn't a difference in TOTAL money ... it's a difference between GUARANTEED money.
    When spider webbs unite, they can tie up a lion