Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Time to get tough with Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Sign a daniel jones contract right now or youre in timeout buddy boy!
    Lol yeah v reducing it is a tad ridiculous.

A deadline is reasonable, if not needed.

*yawn*

Harbaugh says Lamar doesn't talk on phone just texts. It's an absurd situation ,,

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Time to start looking forward to the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Lol yeah v reducing it is a tad ridiculous.

A deadline is reasonable, if not needed.
    Deadlines are the best way to get deals done. I think if we make a deal this year it’s on draft week

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Deadlines are the best way to get deals done. I think if we make a deal this year it’s on draft week
    I would think the Ravens would want to get the Colts #4, even if its not for a QB. We never draft that high. Could get a legit impact player at certain positions its tough to get later in the 1st round...

Ravens should just keep doing what they've been doing. They've handled the PR very well and continue to be supportive of Lamar publicly even when Lamar has acted like a petulant child that's not getting his way. The Ravens offered him a very fair deal. They let him know that they thought he was worth QB1 money, but they werent going to be irresponsible and give him Watson-esque guaranteed cash, which has proven to be absolutely ridiculous in hindsight. Smart move by the Ravens. Now he's trying to hold the Ravens hostage by making trade demands? What an ungrateful child.

Lamar has missed 17 games the past two seasons and his play hasn't made significant enough strides since his MVP season to justify meeting his unreasonable demands some kind of no-brainer. Honestly, he should be grateful that the Ravens are willing to make him the top paid QB in the league, because he's not. He's not even top 5.

People want to scream collusion from the rooftops, but franchises are just showing they're not willimg to mortage their futures on an injury prone, running QB with a questionable arm who hasn't proved he can step up in big games at this point in his career. Collusion? Lol.

At this point the damage has been done imo. Him coming out publicly with a trade request has made this thing personal. He is toxic and keeping him would erode the locker room...even moreso than he has already. At this point I hope some team is dumb enough to give him what he wants.

We will take some hits in the short term, but in the long term I think we are better without him. He's an exciting QB to watch for a handful of plays a game, but we need a QB who can win us a Super Bowl, not some Madden-meister. Brady doesn't have half of the athletic makeup as Lamar, but what he does have is 7 rings. Yes I know, TLDR. I write a lot.

Blog Entries

We’d become destination ‘Last Resort’

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I would think the Ravens would want to get the Colts #4, even if its not for a QB. We never draft that high. Could get a legit impact player at certain positions its tough to get later in the 1st round...
    If we got the Colts pk4 I would hope the Cards would trade back with a team wanting to draft Richardson or Levis and it would drop Will Anderson, the best player in this draft imo, right into our laps. And then try and navigate a way to get in on the Drake Maye sweepstakes next year. Or Caleb Williams(even though he gives me future bust vibes).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmallard View Post
    If we got the Colts pk4 I would hope the Cards would trade back with a team wanting to draft Richardson or Levis and it would drop Will Anderson, the best player in this draft imo, right into our laps. And then try and navigate a way to get in on the Drake Maye sweepstakes next year. Or Caleb Williams(even though he gives me future bust vibes).
    GL with that. If you're in a position to draft Maye or Williams it is highly unlikely you have a better QB on your roster.

Nobody is trading those lottery tickets
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    That makes more sense by far

So what are you gonna do when Lamar says ....sure and does none of the above? Keep waiting or just take a 2nd round pick for him? I'm not being smart here but you gotta have a contingency for that outcome. Lamar is not obligated to pick one or the other just because the Ravens say so.
    Play him on the tag….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There already is a deadline. July 17th they can no longer negotiate. Creating some fake one isn't going to force Lamar to agree to a deal. If Lamar doesn't agree to a deal by July 17th then he can't get a multi year deal from the Ravens or any other team. That's the big deadline
    I do agree with this.

But…. We could tell him we will only trade him pre-draft and only if it includes a 2020 top 10 pick.

So if his chosen team doesn’t have one of those picks they better find a way to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk