Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Time to get tough with Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Well you have it all wrong in your analogy but that is not surprising your are wrong constantly.

Using your analogy, what your suggesting the Ravens do would be like the car dealer saying ...... you know that price we discussed as a possibility. Well it is now 15k MORE. And you would say fuck off and leave the dealership, just as Lamar would tell the Ravens to fuck off and see you week 10

I am pretty sure the team would be willing to improve some things on the margins to get it done. All cutting the offer does is infuriate Lamar and have him almost certainly hold out. You also look horrible to the many players in the NFL who are watching this and make them think your word is worth nothing.
    dude you are the one that gives up in threads because I consistently outdebate you. Secondly never question my analogies, they are always spot on. I was making fun of the mental midget that wanted to give Lamar more money. I want this dummy out of town as soon as possible, but I am well aware we need to keep his value as high as possible until one bad team overpays for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree. If another team gets him, or even worse, another team gives him the chance to be QB in a traditional pass first offense, you know he’s going to be studying extremely hard and making the most of that opportunity. Players here have already touted his immense work ethic. Imagine if he’s offered the chance to break free from the running QB Greg roman offense, label....
    Based on what do we know he will study extremely hard. We already have tangible evidence he has a very poor work ethic right now: he has not improved in any facet of the game since 2019. Ex you have all the negotiating skills of John Kerry btw.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Based on what do we know he will study extremely hard. We already have tangible evidence he has a very poor work ethic right now: he has not improved in any facet of the game since 2019. Ex you have all the negotiating skills of John Kerry btw.
    What evidence do you have? Please tell me.

I go into extreme detail from a logic based critique in the lamar thread that I think is 38 pages now.

TLDR: his lack of improvement in any area since 2019 shows evidence that he is lazy. And that is backed up in a long post if you are interested.

I go into extreme detail from a logic based critique in the lamar thread that I think is 38 pages now.

TLDR: his lack of improvement in any area since 2019 shows evidence that he is lazy. And that is backed up in a long post if you are interested.
    Right , so you have no tangible evidence and you're pulling it out of your ass. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    This is actually the time to embrace Lamar and up the offer a bit. A pissed off Lamar w/ a chip on his shoulder on a long term deal is exactly what we need.
    Right, nothing gets people pissed off like extra money does.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Decrease the amount of Offer. Tell him it is now $75 million guranteed and average salary of $40 million a year. And he has the end of the week to accept or he is playing under the franchise tag. The guy needs a wake up call. Enough of the nonsense. Tell them he can wait until the end of next season to discuss contracts if he isn't ready to accept it.

We have babied him long enough. He needs to either decide if he wants to sign a contract or play under the franchise tag.
    Come on Joe. No need to make a thread like this. The Ravens just need to sit tight and let Lamar try to figure out the contract piece with other teams.

dude you are the one that gives up in threads because I consistently outdebate you. Secondly never question my analogies, they are always spot on. I was making fun of the mental midget that wanted to give Lamar more money. I want this dummy out of town as soon as possible, but I am well aware we need to keep his value as high as possible until one bad team overpays for him.
    You duck hard questions and never answer them. Always.

Whatever man. Just gonna stop wasting my time on someone cowardly enough to tell another grown-ass man to never question him over the internet and narcissistic enough to believe they are always spot on right. I bet your a real hoot IRL with that attitude. What are 13 years old or never grow up. You don't get to tell another grown-up not to question you punk. If you had matured beyond 13 you would know that by now. Just gonna stop reading and responding to your ridiculous black and white no areas of grey proclamations. Feel free to do the same
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

You don't reduce the offer.

You give him a deadline.

We need to know 1 week before the draft if you accept our last best offer. You have until then to find a trade partner (the Colts) and a contract with them, or accept or terms, but one way or the other the offer gets pulled eventually.

So in your world, you can only be convicted of murder with video evidence? Solid middle school public education you got there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    You don't reduce the offer.

You give him a deadline.

We need to know 1 week before the draft if you accept our last best offer. You have until then to find a trade partner (the Colts) and a contract with them, or accept or terms, but one way or the other the offer gets pulled eventually.
    That makes more sense by far

So what are you gonna do when Lamar says ....sure and does none of the above? Keep waiting or just take a 2nd round pick for him? I'm not being smart here but you gotta have a contingency for that outcome. Lamar is not obligated to pick one or the other just because the Ravens say so.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    You duck hard questions and never answer them. Always.

Whatever man. Just gonna stop wasting my time on someone cowardly enough to tell another grown-ass man to never question him over the internet and narcissistic enough to believe they are always spot on right. I bet your a real hoot IRL with that attitude. What are 13 years old or never grow up. You don't get to tell another grown-up not to question you punk. If you had matured beyond 13 you would know that by now. Just gonna stop reading and responding to your ridiculous black and white no areas of grey proclamations. Feel free to do the same
    Translation: you are not nearly smart enough to debate with me. It’s ok, sometimes in life you are lucky enough to meet people that have earned a big ego. This is your lucky day