Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Patriots will Not Trade for Lamar

The Patriots aren't trading for Lamar, but the reason isn't because they don't want to. It's because the Ravens would never trade Lamar to the Patriots.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Patriots aren't trading for Lamar, but the reason isn't because they don't want to. It's because the Ravens would never trade Lamar to the Patriots.
    They would trade him in a second for 3 first round picks. We aren't in the Patriots division. This not trading to people is just dumb. Get the most value you can. If the Patriots want to weaken their team by giving up a bunch of picks for Lamar that just helps us anyway.

Blog Entries

Not that long ago, we traded a starting LT to the Chiefs. Anything trade-wise is possible if both sides agree to compensation... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not that long ago, we traded a starting LT to the Chiefs. Anything trade-wise is possible if both sides agree to compensation... Bc
    Hey, I hear you Bc, but we also acquiesced to every other trade request. Are we going to acquiesce to Lamar’s? No, we’re not.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Belichick wouldn't put up with Lamar's bullshit like Harbaugh does, that's for sure.

Blog Entries

Hey, I hear you Bc, but we also acquiesced to every other trade request. Are we going to acquiesce to Lamar’s? No, we’re not.
    Ex, with all the chaos surrounding LJ's situation, I'd really like to sign him long-term. I believe as he's now in his mid-20s, he still has the talent to develop into a BIG winner. That said, it's that pesky contract that is the stumbling block. He was offered $133 million guaranteed, seemingly turned it down, so the Ravens have no choice than look for alternatives... Bc

If not the Patriots (a scary thought) how about a team I’ve not seen mentioned — the Patriots West, the Texans? Owner is very hungry for success; GM’s seat is warm. And they have two firsts. Could offer #12 this year plus their first next year. As long as we’re spitballing . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    If not the Patriots (a scary thought) how about a team I’ve not seen mentioned — the Patriots West, the Texans? Owner is very hungry for success; GM’s seat is warm. And they have two firsts. Could offer #12 this year plus their first next year. As long as we’re spitballing . . .
    That's a good thought and one that I wondered about too. They would have no problem trading down from 2 if they didn't want a QB. They could swap with the Colts and get a defensive stud. Lamar and a JJ Watt replacement and more picks? That would be pretty popular. The Texans did say recently that they aren't interested in Lamar but that's a team that makes a ton of sense.

This would be the highest entertainment value. He could prove his worth and win multiple super bowls under BB or get humbled by the 3 previously terrible teams which all seem vastly improved lately. I'd enjoy rooting against him like I did previously with the GOAT. Who knows, maybe similar to Brady he wins me over at the end of a career - though I will admit my Brady hate was a bit irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Things just make no sense from a basic common sense perspective for some of these teams.

The Falcons.
    Were all in on Watson who has 24 sexual assault lawsuits against him, torn ACLS (Worse injuries than Lamar) sat out an entire season for contract disputer and suspended for almost a year.

But they have no interest in Lamar who has no off the field problems, 26 years old with a record of 45-16?

Makes no sense.

The Commanders.
    -Washington has not won a playoff game since George bush was president. They have not had a winning season since 2015.

They have more faith in Sam Howell than a shot at Lamar? lol

I could see Patriots being out, but those other two teams, makes absolutely no sense.
    And Watson played poorly last year. Perhaps teams just aren't willing to be complete morons like the Browns?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmallard View Post
    And Watson played poorly last year. Perhaps teams just aren't willing to be complete morons like the Browns?
    As did Murray and Wilson and Rodgers. The 4 big qb contracts all went down in flames. Unless it’s Mahomes possibly Burrow you almost have to win with a qb on a rookie contract now