Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Stunning breakdown of the Ravens incompetence by levelheaded Browns YouTuber

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    So you disagree he lost millions not signing an extension earlier. Good to know.
    No, I agree he lost millions by not signing earlier. That was 100% his own decision. But that's not what you said that I replied to. You said you contend it's not all about money. Lamar literally said in his tweet yesterday that it is in fact all about the money.

Re: Stunning breakdown of the Ravens incompetence by levelheaded Browns YouTuber

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    It's irrelevant. What matters now is the Ravens have given Lamar a respectful offer at 133 mil at signing prior to his 5th year. They've made it clear they want him. However, Lamar wants fully guaranteed money which the Ravens are unwilling to do. Other QBs (Daniel Jones, Jimmy Garoppolo, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr) have all signed for standard deals. Lamar has not been disrespected, nor has he been ignored. His asking price is to high and apparently the rest of the league agrees.

The better question and point is why is it Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson got deals and their former teams a bunch of 1st round drafts picks for those players but not Lamar?
    Watson and Wilson are better passers.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Culture
    Hehehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    His main point is that this could have been done when Josh Allen's deal was done. Some posters feel they tried. Others like myself feel they weren't all that pressed about doing it at that time due to three reasons: Concerns with Covid's potential impact on the cap, and Lamar's cap number being less than 3m and Lamar not being pressed about it. Did they talk? Yes, but I don't believe they were strongly pushing for it. during the 2021 off-season. That is the year that you rip up his rookie deal and offer him record money. Anything short of that is a waste of time.

His other main point is that when you follow each chapter of this entire saga, the way we've handled this is the exact thing we would mockingly laugh at the Browns for if they handled this the exact same way and he's not wrong.
    This has been talked about to death on this board. At the time there were many here, I'm pretty sure both of us, who said they should get it done. Since then the front office has been hammered by lots of posters for not doing this. Using a Browns fan for confirmation of a point 1000 Ravens fans have already made for years now is ridiculous

Again, I watched this last night. It's a 12 minute video, but I urge posters to give it a chance and watch it. Because the more he talks, the more you start to realize how valid his points are.

Quincy Carrier ain’t no annoying Browns fan, he’s very reasonable. I used to watch his AFC North Talk every week, he had fans from each team come on and talk about the AFC North every Monday night. He ain’t no troll at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown4Life View Post
    Tbh, if this was currently happening to any other organization, they'd be getting absolutely shredded by the media (tbf the Ravens already are, but it'd be a lot worse). I still just don't understand how Lamar requested a trade all the way back in early march, yet they still decided to place the non-exclusive tag on him.
    Probably because the Ravens knew they would not have a trade partner. Otherwise, they would have placed the exclusive tag on him which comes with a 48 mil price and executed a trade. The NE only cost 32 mil and Lamar would be able to explore his own options. It makes total sense. The Ravens allowed Lamar to go find his true value (if Lamar had an agent he would have had an idea already).

Again, everyone keeps saying, "Why didn't the Ravens just trade Lamar". The answer is there has to be someone willing to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Quincy Carrier ain’t no annoying Browns fan, he’s very reasonable. I used to watch his AFC North Talk every week, he had fans from each team come on and talk about the AFC North every Monday night. He ain’t no troll at all.

I am sure if he said Lamar was incompetent you wouldn't have posted this. I am sure I can find youtube videos of other team's fans saying Lamar is out of his mind and if I posted them what would your response be?

His main point is that this could have been done when Josh Allen's deal was done. Some posters feel they tried. Others like myself feel they weren't all that pressed about doing it at that time due to three reasons: Concerns with Covid's potential impact on the cap, and Lamar's cap number being less than 3m and Lamar not being pressed about it. Did they talk? Yes, but I don't believe they were strongly pushing for it. during the 2021 off-season. That is the year that you rip up his rookie deal and offer him record money. Anything short of that is a waste of time.

His other main point is that when you follow each chapter of this entire saga, the way we've handled this is the exact thing we would mockingly laugh at the Browns for if they handled this the exact same way and he's not wrong.
    We would be laughing at the Browns if they did everything Ewreck DeCrapsta and Bisciotti have done with Lamar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    No, I agree he lost millions by not signing earlier. That was 100% his own decision. But that's not what you said that I replied to. You said you contend it's not all about money. Lamar literally said in his tweet yesterday that it is in fact all about the money.
    Fair. You’re right on both. He def said that. I only offered I think there’s more to it than money and his passing up $$$ makes me think that. Amma right? Who the hell knows. Good points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This has been talked about to death on this board. At the time there were many here, I'm pretty sure both of us, who said they should get it done. Since then the front office has been hammered by lots of posters for not doing this. Using a Browns fan for confirmation of a point 1000 Ravens fans have already made for years now is ridiculous
    All I'm saying is that if you watch the video, he breaks it down in a way that not purely to just hammer us for it. He's saying, 'You guys mocks the Browns for being dysfunctional. You're absolutely right. And nobody knows dysfunction more than us. Which means we know dysfunction when we see it and whether you are in denial about it or not, this is dysfunction and we could see it coming from a mile away.'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post

Right. He's not a troll. He's not a simpleton. He's not an idiot. He's a very knowledgeable and reasonable Browns fan.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Probably because the Ravens knew they would not have a trade partner. Otherwise, they would have placed the exclusive tag on him which comes with a 48 mil price and executed a trade. The NE only cost 32 mil and Lamar would be able to explore his own options. It makes total sense. The Ravens allowed Lamar to go find his true value (if Lamar had an agent he would have had an idea already).

Again, everyone keeps saying, "Why didn't the Ravens just trade Lamar". The answer is there has to be someone willing to trade.
    More importantly, YOU have to be willing to trade him. Putting the Non-Exclusive Tag on him and then having the league believe you'll match any offer sheet, and thus not even bothering to negotiate with Lamar out of fear that it would just be a waste of their time, is not actually making Lamar available.