Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Joe > Lamar

Re: Joe > Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post

Joe Flacco remains the best QB in franchise history, as he should.
    I think the best way to approach this debate is to ask whether Lamar would have won a Super Bowl with the 2012 squad. I would say no. I think Lamar may have been able to win more than 10 regular season games that year, but as soon as he got to the playoffs we'd get a typical Lamar showing and the Ravens would be ousted. That's really the most important distinction between the two because it's obvious Lamar's the more talented player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I was just referring in terms of that championship run. But Joe wasn’t an elite QB if that’s what we are trying to say here.
    He was "elite" in my book. Certainly 2008-2012 and 2014. Jackson was "elite" in the 2019 regular season. That's it. Joe > Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    DISAGREE, looking like roughly 8 of the top 10 QBs are in the AFC or will be in the AFC. Are 3 of them Hall of Famers? Maybe not but its rough rn
    Again, the conference is deeper, but outside of Mahomes none of these guys come close to those three. The only reason the AFC is considered stacked right now is because the NFC is complete trash outside of Hurts. Back in those days the NFC has Rodgers and Brees, along with respectable second tier guys like Eli and Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I think the best way to approach this debate is to ask whether Lamar would have won a Super Bowl with the 2012 squad. I would say no. I think Lamar may have been able to win more than 10 regular season games that year, but as soon as he got to the playoffs we'd get a typical Lamar showing and the Ravens would be ousted. That's really the most important distinction between the two because it's obvious Lamar's the more talented player.
    Lamar would've ruled himself out with frostbite during that Denver game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMFAO

Right now the AFC is the toughest it has ever been, Damn near every team has a good QB. Its talked about constantly how the AFC is loaded NFC has only a few good QBS.

How have you somehow missed that nugget?

You do realize Lamar has one of the highest regular-season winning percentages in history right? Not Flacco

Look it up
    When healthy. Look it up.

Blog Entries

Lamar would have thrown the Mile High Miracle out of bounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    Lamar would've ruled himself out with frostbite during that Denver game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Lamar would have thrown the Mile High Miracle out of bounds.
    Lamar wouldn't have needed the Mile High Miracle.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Lamar wouldn't have needed the Mile High Miracle.
    You're right. Tyler Huntley would have needed it. Lamar would have no use for it sitting at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Joe had one post season run that was it greatest postseason season rival that of Joe Montana. Before that and after that Flacco was Flacco.
    He also was allowed to work through hos early playoff struggles by relying on the greatest defensive talent in the late 2000s. Lamar was the offense for his whole career. He never had a Derrick Mason, or Anquan Boldin. All he had was Sir Dropsalot Andrews and goofy ass Roman

Blog Entries

Willie Snead wouldn't have sniffed that starting lineup in any of Joe's playoff runs. But here we are.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Could you imagine if Lamar was in Joe's position. Under contract and they draft a QB in the first round to replace Lamar. Pull him out half way through the season and put the young guy in. What do you think Lamar's reaction would be? I am guessing there would be a lot of tweets and they wouldn't be for family reading.