Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson is the Fifth Homegrown player to request a trade from the Ravens in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The club has to win. That's why Clark wasn't dealt last off-season.

Nobody is giving us shit for Bateman so he can ask all he wants he can go
    And Clark handled his shit like a professional. He didn't get traded and he ended up having a good season and playing a lot. The Ravens honored his trade request after the season was over.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson is the Fifth Homegrown player to request a trade from the Ravens in 4 years

If Lamar is traded, I suspect Rashod Bateman will also ask to be traded at some point this season unless he gets a ton of touches in Monken's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    These new age cats dont seem to like playing for MR.CEO Mr.Culture too much but thats okay
    It’s a lack of football IQ from Mr. Culture that has led to this. Keeping Roman around to not utilize Hollywood and Lamar properly. Thinking Hurst is a better prospect then DJ Moore or Calvin Ridley. Hoarding safeties. Being so far out in left field with what is required to win in the NFL is harming us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We can either do one of two things: Stay in denial and poke at the abilities of each individual player who wanted out, or recognize the systemic issue and clean house.
    A lot of people are on the record saying Roman was the issue (and you can throw in Saunders I suppose).

Now that those people have been heard and we have a new OC (and new head of S&C), there isn't an option for finding out if the changes were effective? Do we really have to call that option, "denial?" and agree that "cleaning house" is the only answer?
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And Clark handled his shit like a professional. He didn't get traded and he ended up having a good season and playing a lot. The Ravens honored his trade request after the season was over.
    I think that's the biggest reason why people put in trade requests - they know that the team generally honors those requests.

With Lamar though, it may be a different situation. The Ravens are actually struggling to find a trade partner. Or, maybe not, and maybe that's what the Colts visit was all about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. 95 percent of people here new it was time to move on from roman. We done it a year late but we done it. What more do you want? I'm not a fan off harbaugh at all, never took to him, maybe we could have got rid of him to, but I don't think that's Steve's mo unless it gets real bad.
    Roman was kept around 1, possibly 2 years too long. Saunders, 3. And that was only after the NFLPA report came out. It reeks of reactionary behavior. Too little too late.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We can either do one of two things: Stay in denial and poke at the abilities of each individual player who wanted out, or recognize the systemic issue and clean house.
    One sign of a well-run organization is when you don't cow-tow those ungrateful players and send them packing. Show em whose boss. The same posters also believe that a strong defense and great running games are still the routes to NFL success. They are living in the past. You have to adapt to the changing world. You can stand there like Tom Landry on the sidelines looking all confused at a game you no longer recognize or understand or adapt and understand that change is needed to keep up.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think that's the biggest reason why people put in trade requests - they know that the team generally honors those requests.

With Lamar though, it may be a different situation. The Ravens are actually struggling to find a trade partner. Or, maybe not, and maybe that's what the Colts visit was all about.
    I think there are plenty of teams that would gladly trade for Lamar. I don't think it's an issue of draft capital. I think it's an issue of what Lamar's contract demands are.

Teams don't want to trade a ton of picks/players for a guy they aren't going to be able to come to a contractual agreement with.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think there are plenty of teams that would gladly trade for Lamar. I don't think it's an issue of draft capital. I think it's an issue of what Lamar's contract demands are.

Teams don't want to trade a ton of picks/players for a guy they aren't going to be able to come to a contractual agreement with.
    Exactly. Hence, the non exclusive tag. I'm just saying that this time the Ravens may not end up trading the player who put in the request.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Roman was kept around 1, possibly 2 years too long. Saunders, 3. And that was only after the NFLPA report came out. It reeks of reactionary behavior. Too little too late.
    Forgot about Saunders but again alot of people on this board were calling out the injuries for years here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This I agree with, especially with Saunders, and I think Harbechler is the primary culprit.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean, outside of Marquise, none of these guys were really railing against the organization, so it doesn't really mean much. Hurst was outplayed by a far superior player and wanted to be a top TE given he was 27. Brown wanted to play LT. Clark knew his role would be diminished after drafting Hamilton and signing Williams. Lamar until shown otherwise is just negotiation/posturing. I don't think there's a way to connect them to any one central common reason.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52