Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Lamar Jackson is the Fifth Homegrown player to request a trade from the Ravens in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    None of this really matters this is hindsight. The issue is why players they are drafting wanting to leave? All offensive players too. That’s the issue.
    I believe not all cases are the same, but EDC has been too accommodating, in retrospect. From a value perspective we got value from every trade, but now you give players a sense of control.

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson is the Fifth Homegrown player to request a trade from the Ravens in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    I believe not all cases are the same, but EDC has been too accommodating, in retrospect. From a value perspective we got value from every trade, but now you give players a sense of control.
    They should have control its their bodies they are putting on the line. This has nothing to with accommodating players by all accounts the ravens are top class in the way they treat FAs, defensive ones anyways. it has more to Do with coaches not putting players in situations to succeed

They should have control its their bodies they are putting on the line. This has nothing to with accommodating players by all accounts the ravens are top class in the way they treat FAs, defensive ones anyways. it has more to Do with coaches not putting players in situations to succeed
    Not putting players in position to succeed may apply to Hollywood Brown. Hurst wanted out because Andrews took his spot as TE1. Orlando wanted out because we already had paid a LT. Clark wanted out because we drafted his replacement. Lamar wants out because we're not gonna pay him what he wants. All of the reasons are different, and none of them are unique to Ravens players.

When a team trades players by request, they open a door for the next guy who thinks he can get better stats on another team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Not putting players in position to succeed may apply to Hollywood Brown. Hurst wanted out because Andrews took his spot as TE1. Orlando wanted out because we already had paid a LT. Clark wanted out because we drafted his replacement. Lamar wants out because we're not gonna pay him what he wants. All of the reasons are different, and none of them are unique to Ravens players.

When a team trades players by request, they open a door for the next guy who thinks he can get better stats on another team.
    Bro…You’re telling hurst wanted a number one label so bad he wanted out? they couldn’t find a way to get both him and Andrews the ball?

Bro…You’re telling hurst wanted a number one label so bad he wanted out? they couldn’t find a way to get both him and Andrews the ball?
    Would Andrews really have developed into the monster he became if he continued to share targets with Hurst? Or if they took targets away from WRs to give to two TEs, when everyone here was screaming to develop legit WR threats?

I mean, trading Hurst for Dobbins, essentially, while featuring Andrews seems like a good idea, in retrospect.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Would Andrews really have developed into the monster he became if he continued to share targets with Hurst? Or if they took targets away from WRs to give to two TEs, when everyone here was screaming to develop legit WR threats?

I mean, trading Hurst for Dobbins, essentially, while featuring Andrews seems like a good idea, in retrospect.
    what about drafting hurst in the first round?