Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens: No More Secrets

The bigger question is why do all of our players want to leave this super, great, wonderful, exemplary, rose colored organization?

Harbs must go!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think theres anything saying that was the Ravens. It could have been any of the 3 involved and any part of those 3. Ravens, Lamar and the NFLPA. Desosta has come out and said the NFLPA released information he didnt want out there (I believe the contract Rappaport or Schefter claimed to have seen). I see no reason to think that stopped. theyre trying to make the Ravens look bad, by it not being fully guaranteed. thats well within their narrative to do so. Ravens dont really gain from their offer being known.
    Once it came out it was Lamar who looked bad for not taking the deal. You have guys like Florio pounding him for weeks over this. Even local guy Bobby Trosset started saying how fair that Ravens offer was. This was the Ravens hitting back at this idea that they were cheap. Why would the NFLPA want it out that the Ravens offered the 2nd most fully guaranteed contract of all time? That leak confirmed that the Ravens believed enough in Lamar to pay way way up for him

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is why I harped on the Jeff Darlington information. Darlington outright said he talked to other GMs and that not only were the two first round picks not an issue, but paying Lamar more than the Ravens offered also isn't an issue, but teams are scared that the Ravens would just match an offer sheet. THAT'S why he hasn't received any offers. Not because other teams don't value him more. It's going to take more time to work this out when the team acts like it's making you available, but really isn't since it's threatening to match.

Furthemore, let's not act like the Ravens haven't leaked info to. When we hear that all of Lamar's counter-offers were for fully guaranteed deals, that comes from the team, when we hear Bisciotti's explanation of why he chose the Non-Exclusive tag, that comes from the team. That leak from August, while the numbers themselves may have come from the NFLPA, Schefter (Who is known to do this) likely went to the team first to word his article in a way to make it seem like Lamar turned down a really good deal.
    But you believe Darlington not the entire rest of the media that says GM’s tell them they have no interest at all… because you choose to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I bet the two GMs who told Darlington that 2 1st round picks was not an issue don't have the slightest interest in Lamar.
    And Hadley was the one that said the contract demands aren’t an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And still no takers.
    Publicly request a trade + come back down to earth on the fully guaranteed demand.

At least we got 1, still need part two.

The Ravens do not want to trash an asset before they have traded it. Lamar also may very well end up back here Baltimore. The Ravens are taking the right approach. They just have to sit back and see if Lamar can find a team that will meet his contract requests.

Weather they want to keep him or trade him going scored earth is stupid

If he stays he's even more pissed and the locker room watched us drag man and both are respected less now.

If he goes we consider to lower his value and get less return.

Also either way the rest of the league and players will watch us drag a highly respected and liked player, a QB no less, through the mud and it will affect our league wide reputation.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    The Ravens do not want to trash an asset before they have traded it. Lamar also may very well end up back here Baltimore. The Ravens are taking the right approach. They just have to sit back and see if Lamar can find a team that will meet his contract requests.
    Harbaugh did the only thing that could be done in a tough situation. He's not the one who deals with the business part of this. It's the same way they were asking Robert Saleh about Aaron Rodgers as if Saleh is the one negotiating. DeCosta is going to have to say to something sooner or later. They can't just go with Harbaugh 'I don't know but we love Lamar' answers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Once it came out it was Lamar who looked bad for not taking the deal. You have guys like Florio pounding him for weeks over this. Even local guy Bobby Trosset started saying how fair that Ravens offer was. This was the Ravens hitting back at this idea that they were cheap. Why would the NFLPA want it out that the Ravens offered the 2nd most fully guaranteed contract of all time? That leak confirmed that the Ravens believed enough in Lamar to pay way way up for him
    That doesnt mean that the NFLPA and/or Lamar didnt think it would make them look bad for not giving him the deal watson got. The thought then, and apparently still is now, that he wants Watson deal and the Ravens didnt pay him his value. It only looks bad to him because hes clueless to his actual value. That doesnt mean they didnt leak it in the first place and just misjudge the response.

were talking to a guy that seems pretty delusional about his actual value thats made some pretty big missteps in the media. I think its far more likely coming from him than the Ravens.
    -JAB

Where is it written that LJ has to get what he wants? It is a negotiation not a one side gets their deal no matter what. If the Ravens have a number that they won’t go over, and you know they do, then why does all the blame shift to them? I can not see where LJ has moved an inch. He wants what he wants. Ok. But nobody can force the Ravens give him more than they want. It is a stalemate.

This is the NFL. Teams move on from players every year. Players get hurt and teams move on from them every year. Worse for LJ teams have spent their money. I don’t see any team giving him a contract the Ravens can not match. And I don’t think the owner is afraid to see
    LJ sit out a year or even two years. LJ has no leverage if the owner does not give him any. If Biscotti tells EDC t stand firm LJ will get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Where is it written that LJ has to get what he wants? It is a negotiation not a one side gets their deal no matter what. If the Ravens have a number that they won’t go over, and you know they do, then why does all the blame shift to them? I can not see where LJ has moved an inch. He wants what he wants. Ok. But nobody can force the Ravens give him more than they want. It is a stalemate.

This is the NFL. Teams move on from players every year. Players get hurt and teams move on from them every year. Worse for LJ teams have spent their money. I don’t see any team giving him a contract the Ravens can not match. And I don’t think the owner is afraid to see
    LJ sit out a year or even two years. LJ has no leverage if the owner does not give him any. If Biscotti tells EDC t stand firm LJ will get nothing.
    The way the CBA is written favors the teams keeping their best player. I am not sure why people on here don't understand that. Easier for Roquan to get a deal because they couldn't franchise both Lamar and Roquan.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Weather they want to keep him or trade him going scored earth is stupid

If he stays he's even more pissed and the locker room watched us drag man and both are respected less now.

If he goes we consider to lower his value and get less return.

Also either way the rest of the league and players will watch us drag a highly respected and liked player, a QB no less, through the mud and it will affect our league wide reputation.
    A player is calling you cheap and saying you won't pay for value, which you said affects other free agents' perception of the organization.

How is setting the record straight going scorched earth?