Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar had requested a trade

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens did this to themselves. Had they put the Exclusive Tag on him, that would have been the most likely chance that we avoided all of this and had Lamar willing to play for us in 2023 for 45m. They chose to use the Non-Exclusive Tag, because they knew that and knew that a second tag would cost 55m, which they would struggle to meet, and even if they did, he'd then leave for free during the 2025 off-season. I understand why they did it, but there are consequences for their actions and this is one of them. Any chance of them getting three first round picks for Lamar went out the window the minute they chose NOT to give him the Exclusive Tag, because everyone knew he wasn't playing on the 32m NE tag. They tried to gain leverage in one area, but lost it in another.
    I think you're missing the point.

Yeah, IF the Ravens goal was to maximize their chances of getting three first round picks for Lamar this season, then it's possible the excl tag would have been a better path. Maybe.

But everything about their actions (and words) suggests their real goal was to still have Lamar playing in Baltimore in 2024 and '25. And for that, the non-excl tag was absolutely the correct move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Disagree, 2019 we had the MVP and greatest rushing offense ever
    Exactly late 2018-2019 was the most exciting football I ever watched as a ravens fan. Nothing close has happened before or since then

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    😂 that dude was sweating like a priest at a daycare Comon man nothing he said made any god damn sense he was shuffling on just about everything if that’s good communication skills then call me maximus oratus.
    Well Maximus, saying nothing is the goal. I am not sure when you guys will finally realize this, the goal of any ravens press conference is to say as little as possible. See Belichick comma bill.

4. Re: Lamar had requested a trade

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    So Lamar's tweet about the $133 for 3 guaranteed isn't good enough for you? LOL.
    Lamar is stupid and doesn't know what's going on.

I don't think the deal was for 3 years. The deal might have contained 3 years and might have contained 133 M guaranteed. But it was a bigger deal, and the last 2 years were probably at the Ravens discretion.

Lamar barely knows what's going on. There is no reason to think that Lamar understands something correctly.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Lmaoo Jacks this post took me out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I was hoping to lighten your mood!

Seriously, I don't think this situation is even close to rock bottom yet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Well Maximus, saying nothing is the goal. I am not sure when you guys will finally realize this, the goal of any ravens press conference is to say as little as possible. See Belichick comma bill.
    You know we had a coach Brian billick who like bilicheck didn’t say much but was also very transparent when he had to say something. Integrity is a characteristic that most people don’t have.

So, until he signs his tag it is impossible to trade him to another team. Maybe Lamar is aware of this, maybe not. The ball is literally in his court as it has been the entire time. There's the open market, go do better.

8. Re: Lamar had requested a trade

Come home from work.....jump on here, I read the first six pages then jump to the last page. Same crap different day. First CBD was right all along. I said he would never take another snap.....he's done.

There's no way he has an agent, there's no way an agent would allow him to say publicly that he wants out of the one town that has an offer on the table. This was done out of desperation because no one has showed any interest. He tried to send someone out to drum up interest and was shut down. Lamar got taken to th wood shed for even being in the same company as Ken Francis. Lamar had to change the narrative......he has no one calling. ZERO....zippo. He thought this would start the interest. IMO he took a swing an d he missed again. Teams understand what he's doing. This again is desperation and simply bad business. If he does it to the Ravens.......what makes those teams think he wouldn't do it to them?

Teams know that the Ravens have offered him a fair deal........you think they are not thinking...."what's the problem?' The owners are meeting as we speak.......any interested team is goin g to ask Biscotti what's the problem with this kid?

I said it before and I will say it again......this has turned ugly.....and it can get even uglier. If anyone was interested in Jackson they could get him for 2 #1's. That's the best deal they are going to get.....Jackson's contract demands are what they are.....he said he wants out of Baltimore because Baltimore doesn't want to pay him what he thinks his value is......got news for you brother.......no one else values you as much as you think you do.

Lamar came out today in desperation to drum up some interest. Other teams couldn't care less if he said publicly that he wants out of Baltimore.....All they had to do is call Jackson and asked him.....he said he wanted out a month ago......and yet no one has called.

This is going to end badly for Lamar, he's now [painted himself in a corner. He said he wants out of Baltimore.......at the very least burning bridges with the fan base. Problem is......no other team wants him.

They are Kapernick'ing him. I suppose someone will come a long eventually and offer a bit more then the Ravens.....give Lamar an out.

Oh BTW, Hey Ex! you still think teams are waiting till after the draft?........LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I was hoping to lighten your mood!

Seriously, I don't think this situation is even close to rock bottom yet
    When cam Newton starts in September that will be rock bottom

Exactly late 2018-2019 was the most exciting football I ever watched as a ravens fan. Nothing close has happened before or since then
    how is winning playoff games/ super bowls less exciting than an individual award?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I'll be happy to see Lamar go. I never felt he could win a Super Bowl ever since he amassed 500 garbage time yards between the goal lines of that humiliating Titans loss in 2020. I told anyone who was around me at the time that Lamar will never get a ring, he's not clutch when he needs to make the play that shifts momentum in big games. Every season since that night, I went into Week One of each season fully believing we had zero chance whatsoever of winning a Super Bowl. I hated that feeling.

Granted, we might be even further away from winning one in 2023 without him, but at least it gives the organization a chance to find a QB who can ball when the chips are down. It's possible we don't find that guy and the Ravens become an also-ran franchise too. That's the risk we'll have to take. I realize Lamar won a lot of regular season games and made Sundays fun to watch but I think it's fair to say he quit on the team. I don't think it was an easy decision for Lamar to quit on us, I'll admit, but ultimately that's what happened and we narrowly lost to Cincy behind Huntley. I don't think his style of football has a long shelf life and I feel we got the best version of Lamar that he's ever going to give anyone else. He's a great guy and I like him personally so I hope he gets his money and has a great future on the field and off.
    Great post. I will add I’ve never had better seats, fiftyish yard line first row for that playoff game. The man was not intelligent enough to read defenses then, and nothing has changed.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Exactly Jacks rinse and repeat he said nothing might as well stick a paper dummie up there with a ravens shirt on
    Most front men just lipsync at concerts these days...