Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumor: The Streets are saying Lamar is talking to agent Mel Bratton…

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Mine too. I tried searching for these rumors. Nothing.
    There are tweets from colts insiders posted in some other Lamar Jackson thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    No idea who these guys are but two of them have been saying Colts team plane has been in Baltimore for few days. Not sure if it’s Lamar related or not but I’m seeing it re tweeted couple times now.

No idea if these two have a real reputation or not

Twitter
    Jake Arthur & destin Adams

They have few thousand followers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/author/destin-adams

Destin Adams (@TheDestinAdams) is an analyst for HorseshoeHuddle.com and one of the hosts of the Saddle Up Show. He has covered the Colts since 2019. He previously helped create the site TheBlueStable.com and most recently he covered the team for SB Nation during the 2022-2023 season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/author/jake-arthur

Jake Arthur has covered the NFL and the Indianapolis Colts for a decade. He is a member of the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA) and FantasyPros' expert panel. He has also contributed to multiple NFL Draft guides.

They didnt come out of no where.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Please, settle down, don't jump the gun. You know what I meant. In the same post you responded to, I said that "he would have likely been traded before the 2022 season". In other words, an agent would not have advised him to step onto the field for the 2022 season without a long-term deal. And if the agent felt Lamar could do better (Which, according to Jeff Darlington, he absolutely could), then that agent would have forced a trade before the season.
    You can't force a trade. This is all nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/author/destin-adams

Destin Adams (@TheDestinAdams) is an analyst for HorseshoeHuddle.com and one of the hosts of the Saddle Up Show. He has covered the Colts since 2019. He previously helped create the site TheBlueStable.com and most recently he covered the team for SB Nation during the 2022-2023 season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/author/jake-arthur

Jake Arthur has covered the NFL and the Indianapolis Colts for a decade. He is a member of the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA) and FantasyPros' expert panel. He has also contributed to multiple NFL Draft guides.

They didnt come out of no where.
    Interesting.

I just never heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Me too. But I've been saying that the more likely scenario, other than Lamar playing for the Ravens under the tag, would be that Indy waits until after the draft so they can use the fourth overall on some other premium player, and then try to land Lamar in May. That way, the Ravens have to wait until the '24 and '25 drafts to get their first round pick compensation, and the Colts would feel good about those picks being less than a #4.

Even if the Colts were to pick in the top ten again, remember that a first round pick next year is valued like a second round pick in a current draft. Net present value.

This is why I'm not quick to claim that no team is interested in Lamar. The only reason for a team to try to sign him before this year's draft is if there are other teams competing to get him. If I'm the Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, or Colts, I'm hoping to make my move right after the draft, if I'm interested in him.

I'm also absolutely not reaching out to Lamar's people to start a conversation now, out of fear I may spark others to come out of the woodwork.

Then the Colts would need to hold onto their cap space and not improve their team because the Ravens have a 32.4 million head start.

Blog Entries

Interesting.

I just never heard of them

The annual NFL owner meetings are this week so any business is going to be dealt with there. Bisciotti and Irsay are both presumably in Arizona. If they were meeting with Lamar they would be in Florida not Baltimore. And I don't think GMs typically meet face to face to discuss trades. Don't think there's anything here.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Mine too. I tried searching for these rumors. Nothing.
    These were different accounts that were in Twitter Spaces. One of them was in Matt’s (@hazthetruth) #DraftNerds Twitter Space. I don’t remember the other Twitter Space or the speaker on the first comment, I was driving Friday night when I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown4Life View Post
    If he hires an agent in then that just confirms Lamar will be demanding that the Ravens don't match an offer sheet made by a team.
    He can ask whatever he wants, doesn’t mean we have to listen…

Not sure why people think this matters…

Here is a recording of the space from yesterdays, it’s 6 hours long. You can skip through it.

https://twitter.com/hazthetruth/stat...888206336?s=46

Blog Entries

No idea who these guys are but two of them have been saying Colts team plane has been in Baltimore for few days. Not sure if it’s Lamar related or not but I’m seeing it re tweeted couple times now.

No idea if these two have a real reputation or not

Twitter
    Jake Arthur & destin Adams

They have few thousand followers

Those team plane rumors are right up there with the player has been looking at houses in neighborhood X. Complete bullshit. The owners are all in Arizona. Every executive and owner is Arizona for the meetings that started Saturday. If you hear they are in Baltimore then it's completely fake. Lamar isn't even Baltimore. He's in Florida! So the Colts flew in to not meet with Lamar and not meeting with the Ravens who are all in Arizona. Damn! I was really their truth to this. Now I know they can't even float a lie properly. Nothing is happening. We're back to square 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    You can't force a trade. This is all nonsense.
    Smh. Nevermind.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Colts need to move up to the 3rd spot or hope another team doesn’t to get the 3rd Quarterback off the board. If they don’t make Lamar an offer.