Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rumor: The Streets are saying Lamar is talking to agent Mel Bratton…

I heard from a a couple people on Twitter who are connected with some NFL Insiders that Lamar is talking to agent Mel Bratton about how to proceed to with his situation. I heard this from two unrelated parties in two different Twitter Spaces (one Friday and one Saturday). Hopefully this is true, but take with a grain of salt. I won’t believe until Josina is saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rumor: The Streets are saying Lamar is talking to agent Mel Bratton…

What can you tell us about Bratton?

Quote Originally Posted by CTFan View Post
    What can you tell us about Bratton?
    Hadn’t heard of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Any agent is fine by me. It’s good for everyone involved. Hopefully it’s legit and not just a rumor.

Doesn’t look like he has any high profile clients, but it’d be great if Lamar hires him or any other agent.

Brattan was a rather brash big time RB for Miami during the early dynasty days of the mid 80’s.

He was featured quite a bit in the first “The U” 30 for 30 documentary on ESPN.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If he hires an agent in then that just confirms Lamar will be demanding that the Ravens don't match an offer sheet made by a team.

Fine, if the Colts make an offer take the 4th pick & next year’s 1st and end this.

Personally I feel like if Lamar hires an agent it means he's angling out.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Exactly what I posted above bro lol. We pretty much are thinking alike here. There'd be no other reason for him to hire an agent at this point. He wants out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Which is what I've been saying to people who are convinced that, if he'd had an agent, then the agent would have somehow convinced him to take the Ravens' offer. That's far from a guaranteed. Firstly, an agent wouldn't have advised him to step on the field last year and he would have likely been traded before the 2022 season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Fine, if the Colts make an offer take the 4th pick & next year’s 1st and end this.
    Me too. But I've been saying that the more likely scenario, other than Lamar playing for the Ravens under the tag, would be that Indy waits until after the draft so they can use the fourth overall on some other premium player, and then try to land Lamar in May. That way, the Ravens have to wait until the '24 and '25 drafts to get their first round pick compensation, and the Colts would feel good about those picks being less than a #4.

Even if the Colts were to pick in the top ten again, remember that a first round pick next year is valued like a second round pick in a current draft. Net present value.

This is why I'm not quick to claim that no team is interested in Lamar. The only reason for a team to try to sign him before this year's draft is if there are other teams competing to get him. If I'm the Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, or Colts, I'm hoping to make my move right after the draft, if I'm interested in him.

I'm also absolutely not reaching out to Lamar's people to start a conversation now, out of fear I may spark others to come out of the woodwork.
    "That's what."
    — She