Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718
    Blog Entries

Re: Rashod Bateman Interview

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Of course it definitely can go both ways, but my point is having been both an employee and management, employees need to tick their own boxes first. Thats the prerequisite to complaining.

I've been on some interview panels where the candidate launches into critiques of ex-employers, and also already has ideas on all the things wrong at the place they're applying to, and how they're going to help us fix everything. ANd I'm talking an interview for a non-management position. Honestly, its like, NEXT. You might be the smartest person or have some great ideas, but you're going to be a pain to work with / manage if everytime I call the play you want to all your own.

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed - they had plenty of times they complained. But the constructive criticism lands well because of their productivity and willingness to operate effectively in whatever situation they're put in.
    Every assumed gripe, other than demanding a boatload a guaranteed $$$, Lamar may have had were merely negotiation points a mature employee is expected to bring to the table. He had the leverage to effect change. Maybe he did and Roman, Harbs, EDC, and SB rejected his feedback, IDK, but it seems as if he gunny sacked points of dissatisfaction to leverage as a bundled escape clause.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Every assumed gripe, other than demanding a boatload a guaranteed $$$, Lamar may have had were merely negotiation points a mature employee is expected to bring to the table. He had the leverage to effect change. Maybe he did and Roman, Harbs, EDC, and SB rejected his feedback, IDK, but it seems as if he gunny sacked points of dissatisfaction to leverage as a bundled escape clause.
    Agreed re: Lamar.

Regarding Bateman, he doesn't have the resume in the NFL to be talking as much trash as he is.

Blog Entries

Agreed re: Lamar.

Regarding Bateman, he doesn't have the resume in the NFL to be talking as much trash as he is.
    I’m LMAO. Just watched a Seinfeld episode where George was complaining he had no “hand”. Lol When he thought he did he overplayed it.
    Bateman never had an upper hand, Lamar over played his.

4. Re: Rashod Bateman Interview

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He lost me at "I dont know if the earth is round."

which was about 5 seconds into the interview.
    Man this team really is just a bunch of privileged morons.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He lost me at "I dont know if the earth is round."

which was about 5 seconds into the interview.
    And then those two sycophantic tools went along with it.

Blog Entries

I said before on here, got roasted for it, will say it again and get roasted for it again.

A fish rots from the head down.

There's not a lot of veteran leadership on that offense that is entrenched. 2019 was such a hard reset. You don't have a Mason / Boldin / Heap / etc. leading the way. You don't have an Ogden, decade long anchor there since Yanda left.

The stars / leaders on offense are young, led by Lamar. If your QB and other player leadership openly voices discontent (often in unprofessional ways) and doesn't know how to channel that beef/energy productively, the young players are going to model that. I don't think Bate is inherently a diva / malcontent, nor Dobbins. Its just the offensive culture IS that currently.

It wasn't like that during the last window. The offense has its challenges, but generally speaking people kept it in house and did what they could to play games and produce. Veteran leadership like Boldin wouldn't probably tolerate some of the shit being spoken so loudly / proudly. A veteran would pull Bateman aside and tell him to stay healthy for a minute before talking smack. If he talked back, Boldin would like remind young rook that Boldin played 2-3 weeks after surgery to repair a fracture in his head / sinus cavity from a brutal hit.
    I agree.

Lamar has a long way to go in terms of leadership and setting the tone.
    And if he's able to see his way through this contract and come back 100% bought in....then leadership is an area where people can improve.

This is probably spilt milk but for me Marquise was the main malcontent on the team and he influenced Lamar.
    Marquise himself admitted that he disliked the Ravens offense and wanted out since after his rookie 2019 season.
    And for me this is where followership vs leadership begins.
    Instead of recognizing the obvious....the offense was one of the best in the NFL and won Lamar the MVP; Lamar's "best friend" on the team was in Lamar's ear about not getting numbers, disliking the offense and wanting out.

To my eye, there was a noticeable change in Lamar's play in the 2020 season...Lamar began to freelance.
    For me it was clear on tape that he was trying to get the ball to Marquise more then he was executing the offense.

When the offense struggled in 2020 Lamar publicly commented that ~sometimes the defenses know the plays. (Marquise got his numbers tho)
    For me that was the first crack in Lamar/Ravens leadership armor and it opened the door.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said