Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Are the Browns taking a moment to laugh at us?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    How many pages are in your book of bullshit excuses?

So now its Lamars fault they are not addressing the WR position? lol

Why hasn't that stopped the Jets or Panthers from addressing it?

So if 2 years in a row your excuse is (RBS were out) then would that not be even more of a priority to make sure the WR group was STACKED even further?

or by your logic is it (Oh well, the RB are injured) so no point in addressing the WR position. You know next year the QB is up for contract so that is even more of a reason to ignore it? ????

Just stop with BS excucses. You have NONE that will work any longer
    Never said it was Lamars fault that's your words not mine. What I said is it makes no sense going out and stacking the wr position and not have someone to get them the ball. That's a ways off from its Lamars fault the wr position hasn't been addressed.

The Panthers have the #1 pick. They have a good idea who there QB is going to be. It makes sence to put good pass catchers around the #1 pick. The Jets can do it because they are about to trade for Aaron Rodgers. They also both sucked for quite a while and had a lot of cap space to play with.

Reading is fundamental but comprehension is not. I have never said it was an excuse for 2 years. What I said was that you can't deny effort when they have made they playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years and the one year they missed they were without their entire offensive backfield for parts of if not all of the season.

There is no sence in stacking the wr position in a Greg Roman offense. If you want to talk about Roman we can have a conversation but there is no sence in stacking a wr room for a guy that has elementary passing concepts. I believe those are your words not mines.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Never said it was Lamars fault that's your words not mine. What I said is it makes no sense going out and stacking the wr position and not have someone to get them the ball. That's a ways off from its Lamars fault the wr position hasn't been addressed.

The Panthers have the #1 pick. They have a good idea who there QB is going to be. It makes sence to put good pass catchers around the #1 pick. The Jets can do it because they are about to trade for Aaron Rodgers. They also both sucked for quite a while and had a lot of cap space to play with.

Reading is fundamental but comprehension is not. I have never said it was an excuse for 2 years. What I said was that you can't deny effort when they have made they playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years and the one year they missed they were without their entire offensive backfield for parts of if not all of the season.

There is no sence in stacking the wr position in a Greg Roman offense. If you want to talk about Roman we can have a conversation but there is no sence in stacking a wr room for a guy that has elementary passing concepts. I believe those are your words not mines.

You said They cannot get WRS because of not knowing who the QB is. That sure implies Lamars fault to me from your statement.

Dont throw out reading comprehension issues when its (YOU who clearly are talking about the wrong subject).

The topic at the time was (Ravens lack of effort in finding a WR). Problem remains still no matter how much you hate to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    And they still missed the playoffs. Other than Garrett the severely lack talent on the defensive side of the ball.

They have no LBs. JOK took a huge step back last year. Their secondary was piss poor last season. They got no pass rush last year other than Garrett.

Offensively Elijah Moore hasn't gotten it done. It remains to be seen how much of an impact he'll have. Hunt is gone. It remains to be seen how much Chubb has left in the tank after being used they way Cle used him. This is the time that RBs usually fall off a cliff. As you said the OL isn't the one that was one of the best. They need work adf that with the fact that the don't have a 1 or a 2 this season and it's going to be difficult filling those holes in the draft.

In the illustrious words of the late Dennis Green. If you want to crown them crown them. I've seen this movie before and people thought for the last 5 years there would be an alternate ending but it has been the same old ending.
    They potentially will lose Hunt, Clowney, Greedy(Eagles), John Johnson, Deion Jones.
    Last edited by Mmcclend; 03-26-2023 at 02:39 PM.

You said They cannot get WRS because of not knowing who the QB is. That sure implies Lamars fault to me from your statement.

Dont throw out reading comprehension issues when its (YOU who clearly are talking about the wrong subject).

The topic at the time was (Ravens lack of effort in finding a WR). Problem remains still no matter how much you hate to admit it
    I'll try this once more. This offseason it's hard to go out and spend big money on a wr because they need to be able to natch any offer sheet for Lamar. No it isn't Lamars fault it is what it is.

I dont think its a lack of effort in finding a wr. They have drafted plenty of them. Thye actually had 2 pretty good ones in Hollywood and Bateman. We all k own what happened with that one.

Lol none of that shit matters to me.

I do not root for the Browns.

My point is I want to see the same or better effort from the Ravens.

Failure comes every year for 31 other NFL teams. that is expected.

The lack of effort and ability to try is unacceptable.

I applauded Decostas early efforts on drafting attempts. I absolutely did. He unfortunately failed .

So what is the next plan Eric? Where are you showing us fans you learned, and you are now trying something else ?

Its been crickets ..... while teams are going all out to fix their rosters at WR.

The Bears, Panthers, Jets all just completely overhauled their WRS rosters. I want to see that effort
    EDC has been getting his ass whooped lately bro. I feel for him. He wants to fix the WR room but I honestly think no WRs want to be here. His head coach sabotaged the position. At this point we’d be better off moving Likely to slot WR like Boldin, drafting flowers/JSN/Hyatt at 22 and praying that Bate stays healthy.

I also agree with you that Duvernay is criminally underused and underrated. I think he can be special in the right role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Ravens fans are so delusional living in the past. We won a champions 11 years ago lol. That is long gone. Bengals have been to the Super Bowl since then. KC won 2 super bowls since then. Tampa has won one.

Let’s get real those days are long gone.

The browns right now are a smarter organization than the ravens. They realized that “drafting” a QB even at #1 is a crapshoot. (Tim couch, baker mayfield). So who cares fully Guarantee a franchise QB for 5 years. In year 3 the salary will be a steal for QBs as the salary will only skyrocket every year with the new TV deals and cap increases.

Now they are building around that franchise QB.

Their offense is light years ahead of this shit show the ravens have.

Watson
    Chubb
    Hunt
    Cooper
    Moore
    Njoku

And they have an elite pass rusher in Garrett.

They are going to be good years to come.

When Lamar leaves and we are bottom of the league for 5 years and browns are making the playoffs I can’t wait to see what these bill polian wannabes on this forum have to say. Most likely they will be gone now that Lamar is gone and they have no need to spew their garbage.

I truly hate what this organization has become. To me it starts with harbaugh’s stubbornness. Sticking with Roman in spite of the awful results. It was clear Lamar carried us to wins. At least clear to any rational non- low iq football fan.

Then harbaugh publicly trashes WRs desire to ya know.. do their job and catch the ball…

Now he has dug his heels in and isn’t changing anything. Ricard will probably still be on the field way too much.

Idiotic clock management.

And a defense that looks good against trash teams but can’t get to the QB so it’s all for nothing.

But we will be good against the run now with a $100m MLB. Sweet
    Hunt is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Hunt is a free agent.
    And the browns will eventually have to deal with the Watson contract. It is way too much money to pay for support around him. Unless Watson is going to block and catch, the browns aren’t winning anything with ways ons contract.
    If the ravens pay lamar anything similar, they will be fighting the brownies for the basement in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    EDC has been getting his ass whooped lately bro. I feel for him. He wants to fix the WR room but I honestly think no WRs want to be here. His head coach sabotaged the position. At this point we’d be better off moving Likely to slot WR like Boldin, drafting flowers/JSN/Hyatt at 22 and praying that Bate stays healthy.

I also agree with you that Duvernay is criminally underused and underrated. I think he can be special in the right role.
    I think we're going corner in the first round.

Duvernay (if healthy) will shine in Monken's system.
    "I don't care what you think unless it is about me."

"It is my duty now to completely drain you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    I think we're going corner in the first round.

Duvernay (if healthy) will shine in Monken's system.
    I agree or trade back.

Monken runs a lot of screens and deep shots off of play action. Those are 2 things Duv excels at..

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    And the browns will eventually have to deal with the Watson contract. It is way too much money to pay for support around him. Unless Watson is going to block and catch, the browns aren’t winning anything with ways ons contract.
    If the ravens pay lamar anything similar, they will be fighting the brownies for the basement in a year or two.
    I’d be extremely disappointed in EDC caved and gave Lamar what he wants. It’s about time somebody told him no. Trade him.

Are the Browns taking a moment to laugh at us?

Only if “a moment” means “the entire offseason.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by L. G. Dupre; 03-27-2023 at 09:42 AM.

What there holes?

What do they have to worry about more than the Ravens do?

Browns
    QB - under contract and position set.
    WR-Their roster is 10x what Ravens have
    TE- Group is solid. Two pass catching TES,
    Oline- They are not as talented as Ravens but they have a group that can start.
    RB- Elite talent

Defense-
    DE Garret is one of the best in the league. I even like his back up Thomas who was drafted last year out of Oklahoma.
    LB Owosu Koramoa - very good young LB

DBS Newsome, and Ward are solid starters
    They drafted Martin Emmerson in the 2nd or 3rd last year, good up and coming DB
    Safety Delpit was one of the higest rated safeties two years ago coming out.

They have a solid roster. (LB, DE, and OLine are their only weak points in my opinion)
    Watson played like an average QB last year. That play won’t win them anything. They should have a somewhat solid roster. They are spending more money on it than any other team in the league.

Their Oline has question marks. RB’s only Chubb remained. Their entire front 7 on D outside of Myles is nothing to write home about. Denzel Ward plays way under the money he makes. Not sure who they signed on their back end but their D as a whole last year was pretty underwhelming.

Easy to sit here and say they have a good roster but if they don’t perform it doesn’t mean shit. They went 3-3 with Watson at QB and it’s not like he performed well when he came back. Only decent team they beat was 13-3 against our very own anemic Ravens offense led by Huntley.