Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Darlington

Blog Entries

Re: Jeff Darlington

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    The transition tag defines leadership

The exclusive would have been weak/followers

They are confident in the current offer and didn’t waste 12M on exclusive salary by being scared/weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right, but they're essentially allowing the other teams to make the decision on what to pay Lamar for them instead of making the choice themselves. It's not as if they're saying, 'We made you our best offer and we're supremely confident that no one else will top it, but if they do, the choice is yours.'
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Right, but they're essentially allowing the other teams to make the decision on what to pay Lamar for them instead of making the choice themselves. It's not as if they're saying, 'We made you our best offer and we're supremely confident that no one else will top it, but if they do, the choice is yours.'
    That's exactly what it is man. I wish more people understood this is what's currently going on.

They don't want to outbid themselves is what it comes down to. Something we generally ridicule sports franchises for doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Sorry let me clarify they never believed in Lamar as a passer nor do they believe he is really "the guy" like that. They believed he could run greg romans offense and run the ball fine.

Im not saying he is those things but theyve made it more than obvious and Lamar has taken it personally.
    They believe in him enough to offer him the 2nd most guaranteed money ever.

Youre telling me the ravens actions show that they think Lamar is a great passing QB and they believe in his ability to win games with his arm long term? This isnt controversial.

The NEFT alone should tell you they dont think that and are willing to lose him.
    I'll say it again if this were a basketball game a lot of you guys would have fouled out with all this reaching yall doing.

Im not sure how you took that away from what I said, if the Ravens thought Lamar was Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert they wouldnt be treating him like he's Lamar. Its not complicated.

Therefore showing that they dont believe he is one of those guys.
    They've literally offered him more guaranteed money and more annual money than Mahomes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    They don't want to outbid themselves is what it comes down to. Something we generally ridicule sports franchises for doing.
    That's very understandable. The problem is that this is your franchise QB. He covers up many holes, inadequacies and other issues. There just isn't another QB where you'd get away with being dead last in offensive spending, dead last in WR spending, and still have an offense that scores 25 PPG. No one else is replicating that. Especially with this coaching staff. There's no Andy Reid here. There's no Kyle Shanahan here. Yes, this is business and it's understandable, but this becomes a far more dangerous game when you play it with your franchise QB who means so much to the team's success. To not put your absolute best offer out there before you tagged him, runs the risk of another team calling your bluff, talking to him, those talks going extremely well and that team convincing him that they value him more than the Ravens do. As frustrated as some fans are with Lamar's social media activity, we really haven't seen full blown pissed off Lamar yet. If another team proves us wrong, they convince Lamar that they value him more and that he'll have better overall offensive support there, and he comes to us and says, 'They want to put forth an offer sheet. I'm coming to you ahead of time and asking that you not match it'......if we deny his request because we want more picks from them, this shit gets messy real fast. It's basically saying, 'We've spent an entire year saying you were wrong about your value. We then placed the NE tag on you to prove that you were wrong, but since you were proven right, we still won't let you go unless we get a lot more picks'. That is the perfect way to royally piss the man off. Like, after everything he did here, you weren't willing to go higher, you visited him in Miami, still wouldn't go higher, placed the NE tag on him, still wouldn't go higher, even though you didn't even have to give up picks.....yet, this team, only took 2 months to offer me more money and be willing to give up two firsts to do it.

That's the risk you run.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    They've literally offered him more guaranteed money and more annual money than Mahomes?
    To be their running back playing QB. Not to be their passing QB who occasionally scrambles or occasionally gets a designed run at the goalline.

That's very understandable. The problem is that this is your franchise QB. He covers up many holes, inadequacies and other issues. There just isn't another QB where you'd get away with being dead last in offensive spending, dead last in WR spending, and still have an offense that scores 25 PPG. No one else is replicating that. Especially with this coaching staff. There's no Andy Reid here. There's no Kyle Shanahan here. Yes, this is business and it's understandable, but this becomes a far more dangerous game when you play it with your franchise QB who means so much to the team's success. To not put your absolute best offer out there before you tagged him, runs the risk of another team calling your bluff, talking to him, those talks going extremely well and that team convincing him that they value him more than the Ravens do. As frustrated as some fans are with Lamar's social media activity, we really haven't seen full blown pissed off Lamar yet. If another team proves us wrong, they convince Lamar that they value him more and that he'll have better overall offensive support there, and he comes to us and says, 'They want to put forth an offer sheet. I'm coming to you ahead of time and asking that you not match it'......if we deny his request because we want more picks from them, this shit gets messy real fast. It's basically saying, 'We've spent an entire year saying you were wrong about your value. We then placed the NE tag on you to prove that you were wrong, but since you were proven right, we still won't let you go unless we get a lot more picks'. That is the perfect way to royally piss the man off. Like, after everything he did here, you weren't willing to go higher, you visited him in Miami, still wouldn't go higher, placed the NE tag on him, still wouldn't go higher, even though you didn't even have to give up picks.....yet, this team, only took 2 months to offer me more money and be willing to give up two firsts to do it.

That's the risk you run.
    What could Lamar do to make this messy? He has to remember he is risking a whole lot of money. What does "full blown pissed off Lamar" look like? You keep saying this as if Lamar doesn't understand that the team is going to do what's beat for the team just like Lamar is doing what's beat for Lamar.

They offered him THE 2ND MOST GUARANTEED MONEY OF ALL TIME. I don't understand how you can think he'll be pissed at the Ravens.

To be their running back playing QB. Not to be their passing QB who occasionally scrambles or occasionally gets a designed run at the goalline.
    I don't care why the offered him the money for. They believed in him enough to make that offer. The Chiefs didn't believe in Mahomes as much as The Ravens have believed in Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    Stupid speculation. The Ravens believe they gave him a vey fair offer. They have said that repeatedly. They also said that teams would be surprised to learn what they offered. The Ravens are not looking for affirmation on a different deal. They don't believe another team will offer a better deal. Ravens have no reason to sweeten their offer. Lamar will not even negotiate. The ball is in Lamar's court. Ravens built the offense around Lamar and feel they value Lamar more than any other franchise. They feel that giving him the 2nd highest guaranteed amount ever and the 2nd highest AAV is a great offer. Maybe they need to talk to Ken Francis about it. Maybe they can throw in a squat rack too.
    /thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    What could Lamar do to make this messy? He has to remember he is risking a whole lot of money. What does "full blown pissed off Lamar" look like? You keep saying this as if Lamar doesn't understand that the team is going to do what's beat for the team just like Lamar is doing what's beat for Lamar.

They offered him THE 2ND MOST GUARANTEED MONEY OF ALL TIME. I don't understand how you can think he'll be pissed at the Ravens.
    He’s not risking money. The team who wants him doesn’t care. Because the more pissed he gets and the messier things get, the better the chance that they get him.