Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54555657 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Which one of you is Ken Francis?

Looking at it now (Just teams that are possible, even if unlikely):

Atlanta can wait, because they currently have 21m in cap space, and can create another 30m in restructures. Plus, they have over 70 players under contract, which could create even more cap space for them after the draft, since rookies will cost much less. So, they could use the #8 pick, wait until after the draft and then make their move. Arthur Smith is definitely run first, but he's a better play-caller than Roman and Drake London is a #1 WR waiting to happen. He's that good. Algeier is good. Pitts just needs to stay healthy.

Detroit *could* wait and simply move Goff during the draft, restructure a couple of contracts and they too could end up with the cap space to make a move after the draft. They currently have just under 25m in cap space and trading Goff would save them another 20m. Plus, they too have close to 70 players under contract. That's before getting into restructures. However, Detroit is not an ideal landing spot, so they may need to act now if they're going to, because after the draft, other teams can enter the mix.

Indianapolis has the best to offer, in terms of picks, and Irsay might be willing to pay Lamar serious (albeit not fully guaranteed contract) coin. Indy would have to move now, offer Lamar a ton of money, offer the Ravens picks and get this thing over with. If a team like Miami or San Fran enters the mix in May, then Indy would have to far surpass them in money offered to stand a chance

Minnesota is another team that needs to move quick, because they have to do something with Kirk Cousins and can't do anything with Lamar until they do, unless as you said Leach, they include Kirk in a trade. And I think Kirk has to be willing to do it.

New England could wait, but it could go either way. There's not much they can create in restructures, because they handle their cap very similarly to how we handle ours. They may be a team that has to offer players and picks, but this is also why I think they're looking into DeAndre Hopkins. Because if you're Lamar, it looks more enticing going to New England if you have Hopkins there and if you don't get Lamar then at least Mac Jones has more help.

The two teams that would concern me the most are the two teams who don't have to convince Lamar, because their roster structures, coaching staffs and organizational structures, I guess you could say, market themselves: Miami and San Francisco.

If there is any chance that Lamar would come off of whatever his demands are, not knowing the man, I would imagine that those two situations would be worth it. In Miami, not only would you be close to home, in warm weather and playing for a team you supported as a child, but you'd be playing for Mike McDaniel (Who players love), his offense (Which isn't quite Shanahan's but the sky is the limit for how good of a play-caller he can become), and throwing to Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. They still have 2-3 contracts they can restructure, on top of moving Tua. They're a team that looks like they have no cap space right now, but could create it if they wanted to. I could see them offering Tua, 2 firsts, and maybe a few more picks. Or simply taking that chance of putting forth the offer sheet they think we won't match. If Lamar talks to them and it really goes well, this could get messy.

San Francisco has Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, on top of George Kittle, and McCaffrey in the backfield. With Kyle Shanahan calling plays. They are another team that could create a lot of cap space from restructuring deals. I could see them putting forth a trade offer to us first, but just after the draft.

The Jets are simple. If they miss out on Rodgers, that's the team that would get so desperate that they would break rank and offer Lamar Jackson the moon of moons.

Washington is straight forward. There's only one way that would happen and it'd likely be after the draft and it wouldn't matter how they structure it, we know what they'd offer and we know we wouldn't match it. If they so choose.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 03-26-2023 at 08:11 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    daves disciples don’t deal with reality or real sources lol
    What does this one have to do with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    CBD - Cleric Black Dave - he dropped this towards the end of the season.

I'm trying to remember exactly what the post said but it was Lamar smoked weed a lot (no big deal) but also sometimes smoked weed before NFL games. Like on game day before games (no indication of how long before the game). Said that the team thought it was the reason why he was sick so much and missed one game.
    Hey, sorry weekend being dad-mode etc.

Yeah, it was me. I heard it from a more than solid source. And came it up in conversation regarding Lamar's on again off again sicknesses that many thought might have been covid related or maybe Chronn's disease etc. It was told me that he blazes and sometimes on gamedays. A guess was ventured (total guess) that blazing hard might have to do with the late saturday / sunday morning sicknesses. We also batted around whether he is self medicating with weed something that really should be diagnosed.

I let it rip because, yeah, I'm not a reporter and don't have skin in the game to lose, and also because some of the Lamar is an angel BS was too much to bear. Plenty of people adjacent enough, whether its little old me in exile in RI, or someone like Banks on Barstools, hear enough chatter from good sources that he's an handful. And not in an endearing way.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually don’t care all that much about cannabis usage. I’d bet 80% of the league (at least) uses cannabis in one form or another. Even using the night before a game? Meh…most people’s high wears off in a few hours. Highly unlikely they were still “high” for the playoff game.

I’d be a lot more concerned if they were out at bars drinking liquor until 3AM the night before a playoff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear, I'm pro legalization and have no problem with recreational use, regular folks or pro athletes. But you shouldn't drink on the job OR be high on the job. It is just the gameday use component, or honestly even heavy use night before gameday that I have worries about (high dose edibles, etc. Just don't instantly wear off. The effects on your cannabinoid system take much longer to wear off, especially if the THC is bonded to fats and ingested, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    There is a reason Lamar , Hollywood and ET were roaming around Baltimore streets at 3am the night before a playoff game looking for some rice pudding, that stuff gives you the munchies
    I've never heard this one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Is that story true? Do you have a link to it?
    I found this:

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/st...35766137544704

Justin Fenton was a very legit Baltimore Sun reporter, I actually has some dealing with him back in the day.

I don't know that this means weed munchies. But judgment wise, I feel like searching for bomb rice pudding on edmonson ave the Friday before a Saturday playoff game (that we lost), is bizarre. But its certainly on-brand.

Blog Entries

Anyone see Stephan A Smith going off on Lamar over this last week? Smith said the guy who has been leaking him information was no other than Ken Francis. When Lamar tweeted to Tom Pellissaro to stop lying about Ken Francis negotiate for him, Smith was pissed because Ken Francis was calling Smith to leak contract offers. This is exactly the same as Lamar tweeting false outrage over Hollywood Brown being traded when he already knew about it weeks earlier. Lamar and social media do not mix well

Blog Entries

well now we know - Ken Francis = Meek Mills

Albert Breer
    @AlbertBreer
    Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Meek Mill texted him three or four days ago saying Lamar Jackson wanted to come to New England. Kraft responded that would be Bill Belichick’s decision.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone see Stephan A Smith going off on Lamar over this last week? Smith said the guy who has been leaking him information was no other than Ken Francis. When Lamar tweeted to Tom Pellissaro to stop lying about Ken Francis negotiate for him, Smith was pissed because Ken Francis was calling Smith to leak contract offers. This is exactly the same as Lamar tweeting false outrage over Hollywood Brown being traded when he already knew about it weeks earlier. Lamar and social media do not mix well
    Lamar lies and misleads whenever it suits him. ITs the kind of stuff my 7 years old occasionally still does. Lying is BIG problem solving tool for immature people.

Remind of that old Shaggy song - "Just say it wasn't you!" lol

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Hey, sorry weekend being dad-mode etc.

Yeah, it was me. I heard it from a more than solid source. And came it up in conversation regarding Lamar's on again off again sicknesses that many thought might have been covid related or maybe Chronn's disease etc. It was told me that he blazes and sometimes on gamedays. A guess was ventured (total guess) that blazing hard might have to do with the late saturday / sunday morning sicknesses. We also batted around whether he is self medicating with weed something that really should be diagnosed.

I let it rip because, yeah, I'm not a reporter and don't have skin in the game to lose, and also because some of the Lamar is an angel BS was too much to bear. Plenty of people adjacent enough, whether its little old me in exile in RI, or someone like Banks on Barstools, hear enough chatter from good sources that he's an handful. And not in an endearing way.
    Thanks Dave!

Blog Entries

It is me I am Ken Francis I was hired by bill bilicheck, all he did was pay me to do this. He didn’t tell me why he wanted me to that.

There the secret is out

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    To be clear, I'm pro legalization and have no problem with recreational use, regular folks or pro athletes. But you shouldn't drink on the job OR be high on the job. It is just the gameday use component, or honestly even heavy use night before gameday that I have worries about (high dose edibles, etc. Just don't instantly wear off. The effects on your cannabinoid system take much longer to wear off, especially if the THC is bonded to fats and ingested, etc.)
    Yeah first pass metabolism produces a potent metabolite 11-OH-THC and edibles can take quite a while for onset and the duration is much longer than smoking.