Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: We have to admit the rest of the league doesn’t value Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Philly just made the SB….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jalen Hurts isnt their leading rusher and be serious, they have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith

Ravens best 1 to 1 comparison on offense is the bears
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

You are literally getting your wish
    What is my wish? I wish for the ravens to be a great team winning superbowls, and playoffs games.

I certainly havent been getting that

3. Re: We have to admit the rest of the league doesn’t value Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    We now have to admit facts. The rest of the league doesn’t see Lamar even having the value us “Haters” thought he had. No teams are calling the Ravens trying to work out trades. Teams aren’t calling Lamar trying to sign him. His mom is calling up teams trying to get them to sign her son to no avail.

You can make excuses but Lamar has already come out and said he doesn’t require a guranteed contract. You can say the draft picks but that didn’t stop teams from going after other QB’s. In fact the Broncos and Browns just gave up a bunch of picks for QBs. I guarantee you if Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert or Lawerence were in a similar situation their phone would be ringing off the hook.

Teams just don’t think Lamar is a quality NFL QB. They see his best career passing yards is 3100. That might have worked in 1973 but not in 2023. They think Lamar only works in Greg Romans gimmick offense. There is no other explanation.
    that's sorta right.

1) the Ravens tagged Lamar in order to keep him. Sitting down with Lamar+mama to hammer out a deal doesn't seem fun at all for front office guys. When the effort is likely to be pointless, it's even less fun.

2) I wouldn't say only Greg Romans. Any OC, if they wanted to do a lot more work than they would ordinarily have to do, could put together some type of run first offense with running QB like Lamar. But most OCs don't have running QB in their background, and they don't want to go outside their skill set to develop a bunch of running plays for a running QB.

Hurts went to the Super Bowl after running a lot in the regular season. It's not just Greg Roman who can make it work. But most don't want it. It's extra work. They might not want to innovate at all.

Also, the Roman / Lamar offense put up a lot of wins. It WORKED. Piles of injuries prevented the Ravens from reaching the playoffs one year. Every other year, playoffs. After .500 for 5 years.

Definitely the NFL needs more OCs who can build run first offenses with running QBs. There aren't enough. If there were more, more running QBs would have jobs. But it's not only Roman who can do it. Who knows? Maybe the OC of the Eagles (Brian Johnson), the Bears, whoever drafts Richardson, and even Monken could sit down and innovate, find ways to get the QB running even more often, and win. With Roman, you know you'll get what you want and need, with others it might be more of a crapshoot.

Wait if Lamar can’t throw a forward pass and needs to run 15 times why did they get rid of Roman and offer him $130 mil guaranteed? Lmao ��

and word is they won’t be using fullback as much sigh

https://russellstreetreport.com/2023...-in-baltimore/

Read Tony Lombardi’s column and you will understand while there has been no interest up to this point. Below are some highlights from the article:

Then of course there’s the money that it will take to land Lamar. It has been said that the Ravens have offered Lamar a deal that is second only to that of Deshaun Watson. If true, that’s a really good deal for a quarterback who has regressed as a passer AND as a runner. His passer rating over the past four seasons beginning with his MVP campaign of 2019 is as follows:
    2019: 113.3
    2020: 99.3
    2021: 87.0
    2022: 91.1
    As a rusher Lamar’s numbers have also steadily declined. Again beginning in 2019, his rushing yards per game are trending downward:
    2019: 80.4
    2020: 67.0
    2021: 63.9
    2022: 63.7

Then there are the missed practices; rumors about poor film study habits; other rumors about questionable diet and sleeping habits. If you’ve heard it all, doesn’t it stand to reason that NFL execs around the league have heard these things and more? Add it all up and is anyone really surprised that the market for Lamar is about as active as the traders for Blockbuster on the New York Stock Exchange floor?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Jalen Hurts isnt their leading rusher and be serious, they have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith

Ravens best 1 to 1 comparison on offense is the bears
    That’s only because they didn’t use an unhealthy committee… that’s it. That is the ENTIRE basis of the silly RB1 talk with Lamar. If dobbins was only healthy for a year and we used him like a bell cow instead of splitting Carries with Gus Lamar wouldn’t be RB1 either…

We have to admit the rest of the league doesn’t value Lamar Jackson

What is my wish? I wish for the ravens to be a great team winning superbowls, and playoffs games.

I certainly havent been getting that
    Taking our Roman-esque offense and grafting on a better passing scheme and adding weapons at Wr.

Just watch! As soon as Lamar signs you will love the changes.

Last edited by jonboy79; 03-22-2023 at 08:04 PM.

That’s only because they didn’t use an unhealthy committee… that’s it. That is the ENTIRE basis of the silly RB1 talk with Lamar. If dobbins was only healthy for a year and we used him like a bell cow instead of splitting Carries with Gus Lamar wouldn’t be RB1 either…

Lamar has been the leading rusher for 4 seasons

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Man, imagine if burrow or Josh Allen was on the market right now for 2 firsts and 200 million fully guaranteed.

Their agents would be like this
    Burrow is up for a new contract. He will not be getting $200 million fully guaranteed. He won't even be asking for it

10. Re: We have to admit the rest of the league doesn’t value Lamar Jackson

Or he would already be out of the league. He never would have gotten a chance to start if not for a coach willing to play that QB run first offense based around the read option.

If other teams thought Lamar had more to his game than the read option, he’d have had several offers by now. They don’t. They view him as a gimmick more than posters like myself.

But maybe they just figure the Ravens are going to match anything reasonable, and they're not so desperate that they'll resort to unreasonable numbers. If the Ravens were to try to trade Lamar for whatever bottom half QB with a big contract they were offered, it wouldn't be that difficult. Other teams figure that the Ravens will match 120,140,160 million guaranteed. And they don't want to spend that much money on a running QB.

Running QBs are best. You can get a fast running QB in the draft on day 3. No cost, basically. And if the team dials up the QB run to max, you'd win games. Rookie year day 3 pocket statues are not going to win a lot of games.

There's a big difference between liking Lamar enough to sign him and liking Lamar enough to give him 160 M guaranteed. There are very few willing to give Lamar 160 guaranteed. Maybe just the Ravens.

Lamar thinks he's worth more than he is. The Ravens have a very nice offer still on the table (I think).

For a team to sign Lamar at that big price, they would need 1) to want a running QB 2) to have the money or cap space able to spend 3) to think so highly of Lamar that they want to give him huge money well exceeding what the Ravens are offering and 4) the right first round picks. That's a rare combination.

I like San Francisco to match. Their 1st round pick is cheap, they seem to have a lot of different QBs who were good enough to get them to the playoffs, who they can get rid of for money, cap space. But they don't have the picks. That first rounder with lesser value is gone.

Lamar has been the leading rusher for 4 seasons
    Because we use a committee approach for our RB’s…

Because we use a committee approach for our RB’s…

and the leader of that committee is Lamar