Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens: Grade "D" In Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I mean seriously, out of the 6 or 7 plans you claimed to have, the one you chose was to use the Non-Exclusive tag, and then hold off on restructuring contracts, just in case another team puts forth a better offer to Lamar that you would have to match, all while making no improvements to your team at all. Seriously, that was your plan?
    Yes, it’s a very good plan that is working quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean seriously, out of the 6 or 7 plans you claimed to have, the one you chose was to use the Non-Exclusive tag, and then hold off on restructuring contracts, just in case another team puts forth a better offer to Lamar that you would have to match, all while making no improvements to your team at all. Seriously, that was your plan?
    So what would your plan have been?

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Alright, I lol'd at that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Let's all sit back and enjoy.

Blog Entries

I can't argue it for this reason: Eric DeCosta, rather confidently, declared that he had 6 or 7 options on how to handle the Lamar situation, AND that we were going to retool the WR room. So to suddenly use the Non-Exclusive Tag and then use the threat of having to match an offer sheet as an excuse for not retooling that WR room, or making improvements anywhere else either for that matter, just isn't going to cut it. Either your plans that you were so confident about, you couldn't properly execute. Or this WAS one of your plans, which means that your plans sucked.
    The fuck I can't argue it.

Eric CANNOT make Lamar sign. Got that? Get that?

Plans mean nothing when the quarterback is a man-child who is controlled by his mother, a rapper, a washed-up quarterback, and DeMaurice Smith.

Don't give me any horseshit Lamar is his own man. Josh Allen made bank already by having an agent and will make more, meanwhile, Lamar is fucking around year after year.

Who is Eric surrounded by? Ozzie Newsome. Yeah, one of the greatest to ever play the game. Hall of Famer, one of the most respected men, and among the greatest former general managers ever. Next up, you may hate him, but his resume is better than anyone on Lamar's team, John Harbaugh. Last, and this means nothing to you, I am sure, he works and answers to Steve Bisciotti, a self-made billionaire. Not a little kid like Lamar who tweets about wanting to be a billionaire, a real live one.

What sucks is you as a fan. Alleged fan. I never gave you shit about following Flacco to Denver, but we here at RSR have seen your song and dance before where the player goes before the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    My plan would have been to pay the mutha fucka and be done with it. 5 years, 300m, 200m fully guaranteed, probably 275m in Total Guarantees. The only reason you even think this strategy that you're employing (If you're EDC) can work, is because you know that Lamar can make it work.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Not expecting much while the Lamar saga is ongoing. They should have seen this coming, yet they didn't prepare for it. It is what it is.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    The fuck I can't argue it.

Eric CANNOT make Lamar sign. Got that? Get that?

Plans mean nothing when the quarterback is a man-child who is controlled by his mother, a rapper, a washed-up quarterback, and DeMaurice Smith.

Don't give me any horseshit Lamar is his own man. Josh Allen made bank already by having an agent and will make more, meanwhile, Lamar is fucking around year after year.

Who is Eric surrounded by? Ozzie Newsome. Yeah, one of the greatest to ever play the game. Hall of Famer, one of the most respected men, and among the greatest former general managers ever. Next up, you may hate him, but his resume is better than anyone on Lamar's team, John Harbaugh. Last, and this means nothing to you, I am sure, he works and answers to Steve Bisciotti, a self-made billionaire. Not a little kid like Lamar who tweets about wanting to be a billionaire, a real live one.

What sucks is you as a fan. Alleged fan. I never gave you shit about following Flacco to Denver, but we here at RSR have seen your song and dance before where the player goes before the team.
    If you can't come up with a plan that allows you to keep your QB and still build your team in Free Agency, then your plan isn't as good as you made it seem when you so confidently rambled off how many of them you had and how you thought them through.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

My plan would have been to pay the mutha fucka and be done with it. 5 years, 300m, 200m fully guaranteed, probably 275m in Total Guarantees. The only reason you even think this strategy that you're employing (If you're EDC) can work, is because you know that Lamar can make it work.
    You seem to forget EDC works for Steve B., who already had something to say about the Watson contract. You are out of your mind if you don't think Steve has to sign off on this contract and I personally do not think Steve is cool with what you are suggesting in anyway.

Blog Entries

If you can't come up with a plan that allows you to keep your QB and still build your team in Free Agency, then your plan isn't as good as you made it seem when you so confidently rambled off how many of them you had and how you thought them through.
    Again, how exactly does Eric make Lamar sign if Lamar refuses? Whatever the deal. The fact is you don't know, but you want to put 100% of the blame on Eric and none on the other half of the party, Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Again, how exactly does Eric make Lamar sign if Lamar refuses? Whatever the deal. The fact is you don't know, but you want to put 100% of the blame on Eric and none on the other half of the party, Lamar.
    Then you come up with a plan where he doesn't have to sign. You don't go on a podium and so confidently talk up retooling the WR room and talk up your 6 or 7 options that you've thought out several times over, if THIS was your best plan.

I think Baltimore has handled the Jackson situation as well as they possibly could by using the NE tag, and hopefully it decongests negotiations. That is the most important thing of the off-season.

For that reason I'm happy. With the issues that Jackson's contract poses, I'm not sure what people suspected.