Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: French Bulldogs

Re: French Bulldogs

We have secured the package.

Actually 2 more weeks cooking with is brothers and sisters then we drive back up to get him.

Here's another 2 pics of the little guy.

Naming suggestions appreciated. I'm stumped on this one and fighting 3 women on a good name for the thing.

It's cute now but the males bulk up a lot when they get older and cutesy names won't be appropriate.

We are letting him keep his nuts as part of the deal and the breeder gets all the dog dna she wants. We told my sister in law the same thing as she breeds and is a dog person as well.

4. Re: French Bulldogs

W/all the dogs we've had and found names for over the years, we usually go online and search for ideas and usually end up picking from a list of suggestions. Most times, they are names we would have never thought of. Best of luck. Cute dogs.

https://www.dailypaws.com/dogs-puppi...-bulldog-names

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

He's a cutie. But he looks like a hellion, lol.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

He looks like a clone of my daughter's dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    He looks like a clone of my daughter's dog.
    I like that coloring. I think black mask fawn is a classic look for Frenchies.

The American Kennel Club apparently only recognizes Pied, Brindle and Fawn/Creme.

The breeders condition was she retains breeding rights which is fine with me as long as I don't have to be involved directly.

My brothers fiance also wants to breed him with one of her bitches. She's in the business too.

We are just happy we did not have to stress over where to get it from.

Should be fun. Hope he's not too big a hellion, lol. I personally like dogs to be a little wacky. Boy dogs need rough and tumble play I think. Especially when they are young.

Blog Entries

I like that coloring. I think black mask fawn is a classic look for Frenchies.

The American Kennel Club apparently only recognizes Pied, Brindle and Fawn/Creme.

The breeders condition was she retains breeding rights which is fine with me as long as I don't have to be involved directly.

My brothers fiance also wants to breed him with one of her bitches. She's in the business too.

We are just happy we did not have to stress over where to get it from.

Should be fun. Hope he's not too big a hellion, lol. I personally like dogs to be a little wacky. Boy dogs need rough and tumble play I think. Especially when they are young.
    Definitely agree. They have surprising powerful jaws. My daughter's dog likes to play keep away with his favorite toy. When I finally catch him, his grip is insanely powerful. Then he does the shaking thing like a pitbull. He only weighs maybe 20 pounds, and it takes all of my strength to keep him from wresting it away from me. So I like to lift the toy up with him still holding on, LMAO. Then I do helicopters with him. I get dizzy before he lets go.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Definitely agree. They have surprising powerful jaws. My daughter's dog likes to play keep away with his favorite toy. When I finally catch him, his grip is insanely powerful. Then he does the shaking thing like a pitbull. He only weighs maybe 20 pounds, and it takes all of my strength to keep him from wresting it away from me. So I like to lift the toy up with him still holding on, LMAO. Then I do helicopters with him. I get dizzy before he lets go.
    That's awesome. Our first dog was nothing like that and I felt like my kids were missing out on what dogs are really like then my daughter bought a Pug/Boston Terrier mix boy and he's a little nutbag. Silly, playful. Likes to fight and wrestle. I'm hoping this new boy and he come to an accord and can play with each other.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Just saw Legally Blond again.

I would suggest "Bruiser" for a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Just saw Legally Blond again.

I would suggest "Bruiser" for a name.
    I like that name a lot.

It has a lot of good short name options like Brew, Brewby, Brewsky, Brubaker, Bru Bru etc..

The problem is 3 females are also involved in the naming process.

This may be divine intervention though as my oldest daughter was a drama kid and played Elle in Legally Blonde i high school so there may be a hook.

I will throw it at the wall and see if it sticks.

Thanks Greg.

Blog Entries

My nickname for Kabal (my daughter's dog) is Asshole. But I get that you need something more appropriate, lol.