Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendon Hooker

Blog Entries

Re: Hendon Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way can I use #22 on Hooker. I'd have to move down to round 2. Between his age, injury and system the 1st round is just too high for me.
    I get it... But he's a QB and taking him at 22 would give us the 5th year option with him. Lots of teams reached a bit to get their guy in the past. But yeah he definitely would not be the BPA pick there. I really am starting to warm up to him though.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I get it... But he's a QB and taking him at 22 would give us the 5th year option with him. Lots of teams reached a bit to get their guy in the past. But yeah he definitely would not be the BPA pick there. I really am starting to warm up to him though.
    5th year option is overrated. If he's any good we're going to be trying to lock him up anyway. If he's playing on the 5th year either he's Daniel Jones (i.e., not that great) or something weird happened with negotiations (aka Lamar).

To me, Hooker only makes sense if we are without Lamar and we have gained additional picks.

If we can't lock Lamar up I'm putting Anthony Brown at QB to guarantee a tank and a top 3 pick and then I'm doing whatever it takes to move up to guarantee we sign Maye at pk2 or pk1. Then we'd have an elite, reliable, drama free franchise QB for the next decade plus and we could watch Lamar cause drama for his new team and we could watch Caleb Williams paint his nails and sob like a bitch when any team with a defensive pulse pushes his shit in. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmallard View Post
    If we can't lock Lamar up I'm putting Anthony Brown at QB to guarantee a tank and a top 3 pick and then I'm doing whatever it takes to move up to guarantee we sign Maye at pk2 or pk1. Then we'd have an elite, reliable, drama free franchise QB for the next decade plus and we could watch Lamar cause drama for his new team and we could watch Caleb Williams paint his nails and sob like a bitch when any team with a defensive pulse pushes his shit in.
    We have way too good of a team for this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good chart. [The 14.1% Drop back rate is] what s.r. genovese was alluding to.
    It is striking. But I'm more interested in production overall and he was a 70% completion guy with 3,135 yards; 27 TDs; 2 INTs; and a 90 QBR.

The knock on Hurts at one time at OU was he wasn't a drop back passer.

I am much more concerned about Richardson's comparative lack of production: 54% completions, 2,549 Yds, 17 TD, 9 INTs, 71.2 QBR

I am not saying that makes Herndon a better QB or even a legit first rounder, but I am more interested in production against good competition, first and foremost.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    It is striking. But I'm more interested in production overall and he was a 70% completion guy with 3,135 yards; 27 TDs; 2 INTs; and a 90 QBR.

The knock on Hurts at one time at OU was he wasn't a drop back passer.

I am much more concerned about Richardson's comparative lack of production: 54% completions, 2,549 Yds, 17 TD, 9 INTs, 71.2 QBR

I am not saying that makes Herndon a better QB or even a legit first rounder, but I am more interested in production against good competition, first and foremost.
    Richardson I wouldn't touch. Since the Combine Pat Kirwin has been saying that Anthony Richardson is more a Tight End who can pass than a developed quarterback. I just keep thinking of Kyle Boller throwing balls through the uprights from the 50 on his knees and certain analysts talking about how impressive that was. It was impressive as a circus trick but useless as a quarterback. Richardson definitely needed another year in school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmallard View Post
    If we can't lock Lamar up I'm putting Anthony Brown at QB to guarantee a tank and a top 3 pick and then I'm doing whatever it takes to move up to guarantee we sign Maye at pk2 or pk1. Then we'd have an elite, reliable, drama free franchise QB for the next decade plus and we could watch Lamar cause drama for his new team and we could watch Caleb Williams paint his nails and sob like a bitch when any team with a defensive pulse pushes his shit in. 🤔
    Even with Brown at QB this is still a 7-8 win team IMO

9. Re: Hendon Hooker

Does Hooker have an agent?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Sure does. Hooker is with CAA which is the biggest in the industry

So would they technically be a pimp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    I suspect FBF was being facetious. But now he has his answer.
    "That's what."
    — She