Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast

Re: Our Beloved John Harbaugh remains.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Has MUCH more to do with injuries than anything else. Let’s find out when we have a healthy season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you feel about Harbaugh and friends record on Injuries and player management?

Steve Saunders was Harbaugh's innovative genius
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I dont see how its arbitrary that Harbaugh hasnt done anything in the playoffs since his ring.
    Look at the win projections for each year. Only times he doesn't meet or surpass them is when injuries wreck the team. The job of the head coach is to maximize potential of a team, I don't know if there are more than 2 coaches in the NFL that do a better job of that.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Look at the win projections for each year. Only times he doesn't meet or surpass them is when injuries wreck the team. The job of the head coach is to maximize potential of a team, I don't know if there are more than 2 coaches in the NFL that do a better job of that.
    Interesting, how do you feel about Harbaugh record on player health and his employing Steve Saunders

How do you feel about Harbaugh and friends record on Injuries and player management?

Steve Saunders was Harbaugh's innovative genius
    Saunders should have been fired after the COVID stunt, that is universally agreed. Likely cost Roman his job, and perhaps Lamar some offers.

Interesting, how do you feel about Harbaugh record on player health and his employing Steve Saunders
    Probably about the same as I feel about any strength coach, I don't have a clue. I would imagine the job of a strength coach is different than a doctor, or a physical therapist so simply blaming injuries on one guy seems like the easy way out. I do remember saying after the 2021 season that the organization definitely needed to do an investigation to see if the injuries had any sort of pattern to them, or if they were truly a multiple standard deviations off in terms of luck because that certainly happens in life. Sounds like Saunders should have been fired a year earlier than he was, but I am not about to say that a head coach should be hiring and firing strength coaches like he was a secondary coach or a position that he is ten times more familiar with.

3 years after harbs reinvented the game he scraps the system lol

onto bigger and better things

7. Re: Our Beloved John Harbaugh remains.

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother. But isn't it interesting that no matter the thread we have the same posters bitching over and over. As if the Ravens, Harbaugh & co. can do nothing right. Sure there are things they can improve on. Every team can improve on something.......even the Chiefs.

The ravens are basically thought of as a successful organization. John Harbaugh has some responsibility in that success. Name one.....anyone. Just name one coach that's perfect> Name one coach that couldn't improve on something. So the same posters will beat the same drum over and over. Fine, get rid of Harbaugh, you think the next coach will be that much better? Those same posters want to tell us over and over that Lamar is an MVP.....OK Well Harbaugh has won "Coach of the Year". 3......2.......1.....somehow you'll qualify it. I get it.

After coaching football for 21 years I truly believe that you either have the horses or you don't. Coaching matters.......but only on a very micro level. The HC gets to much criticism for losing and to much credit for winning.

I know very little about basketball, but I coached youth basketball for 7 years. Travel league level, I had zero clue how to run an offense on the floor. I knew the fundamentals....knew how to set up a defense. I won the Championship 4 years in a row......why? I coached football and knew who the best athletes were, I ave them the basketball and told them.....go do what you do. Provided a little leadership and they did the rest. My point is, the players is what mattered most. The players provided the talent and I provided a little bit of structure....

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Mike Holmgren, he told me that "the only difference between my babies and his..........his got paid".

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    3 years after harbs reinvented the game he scraps the system lol

onto bigger and better things
    Scraps or evolved? Guess we will find out soon.

fwiw, if Lamar didn't have some pushback to him being a running quarterback, he wanted to throw more etc, I think you would have seen even more commitment to an all out running football team. That was always my vision for the future Ravens offense, regularly playing six offensive lineman, maybe even having two qbs on the field regularly. Lamar got enough clout that it became difficult to run an offense he hated, but that is the true objective of game theory and analytics, run completely counter to current trends to expose weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Because no free agent WR in the entire league has given one thought to the Ravens!

(I actually agree with you.)
    That's what you get when you put a running back at QB. All the begging by Harbaugh isn't going to get them to want to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    It eases the pain of having to see his ugly face at the podium during the off season

Harbaugh is probably one of the better looking head coaches. Have you seen Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck, Mike Mcdaniel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    That's what you get when you put a running back at QB. All the begging by Harbaugh isn't going to get them to want to play here.
    Harbaugh actually publically announced that WRs shouldnt play here and should play for our competitors.