Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

At some point, Lamar has to say "yes" to something, or someone . . .

At some point, Lamar has to say "yes" to something, or someone . . . unless he doesn't. And that would be a major headache for the Ravens OR any trade partner.

http:////vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/Bxm...a/6upYhtwZ8iTW

I thought this was a good listen to / watch, particularly towards the end. Listen in at 8:51 mark.

At some point, Baltimore or otherwise, Lamar will have to say "yes" to someone, or something.

It is easy to say "no" to things. It is easy to tear things down, to nitpick, to criticize. It is hard to build things, build relationships, build capability, build organizations, create system, create agreement, create contracts, create ANYTHING.

It is easy to feel "smart" by pointing out "why not". It is much harder to create something by explaining why we should all say yes.

Lamar and the NFLPA might be approaching a point where their goal isn't to say yes to ANYTHING other than a party totally capitulating. Maybe we'll find out when Lamar interviews himself, LOL. But if he's just in a childlike mode where its fun to say "NO!" to everything, we have a real problem. And I could see the team washing their hands of it eventually. Not any time soon, because the right injury to a starter, or the right snafu and an unexpected team could have a HUGE demand for him AND be willing to pay the Ravens and Lamar.

But lets say games are missed and its getting bad. There could be a final fork in the road because he won't say yes to anything.
    Last edited by ClericBlackDave; 03-20-2023 at 04:26 PM.

Re: At some point, Lamar has to say "yes" to something, or someone . . .

He is saying "yes" to someone, even now. We just want it to change to the Ravens or some team we can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    He is saying "yes" to someone, even now. We just want it to change to the Ravens or some team we can deal with.
    In as much as he's saying yes to the NFLPA or sycophants in his circle, maybe. But even then, they are just the part of no, and why not.

It takes real work to say "yes" to something or someone. Thats why agents exist, to get 2 sides with different positions to say "yes" somewhere in the middle.

Its why its easy for people to date forever and keep saying "no" to committing to someone, and much harder to say "yes" and commit to the work of staying together.

Destruction is easy. Creation is hard.

If he never says yes he will be gone in a year. What if he gets the same tags again and again no team offers him the contract he wants? Collusion, unrealistic demands, end of his time in Baltimore? All of this will work itself out. I think one thing he never learned is how cap strapped the Ravens felt after signing Flacco post SB contract and then Big Baby’s contract on defense for them to never put themselves into that place again. If neither side gives in completely I think this will be a two year train wreck. LJ will not sign a contract and the Ravens will not give him a 100% guaranteed deal. Tag, tag and hit the free agency.

We were needing a future qb when you came here and will just be back there again. After all we won two SB with Average Joe and below average Trent. Superman has been fun to watch, but no rings. Not even close. Joe had us going deep every year his first five years. Huntley is a big step down but perhaps the next qb drafted will be a but better. I think we are going to be forced to find out.

They have a history of spending up to the cap but not giving too large a percentage to any one player. With this contract LJ is going to be 20% of the cap. If you split the cap 47.5% defense, 47.5% offense and 5% to special teams that means 24 offensive player are splitting 27.5% between them. Average of 1% is under 2.5 million and skill players eat that up very quickly. So pay a tackle, TE, WR and rb more than a token you will have 20 players playing for rookie money or vet minimum. Good luck winning games.

I no longer TRUST him to play quarterback for the Ravens. Give me someone who loves the game and wants to play. Before he played for the Colts Johnny Unitas played semi pro football for $19 a game - because he loved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    If he never says yes he will be gone in a year. What if he gets the same tags again and again no team offers him the contract he wants? Collusion, unrealistic demands, end of his time in Baltimore? All of this will work itself out. I think one thing he never learned is how cap strapped the Ravens felt after signing Flacco post SB contract and then Big Baby’s contract on defense for them to never put themselves into that place again. If neither side gives in completely I think this will be a two year train wreck. LJ will not sign a contract and the Ravens will not give him a 100% guaranteed deal. Tag, tag and hit the free agency.

We were needing a future qb when you came here and will just be back there again. After all we won two SB with Average Joe and below average Trent. Superman has been fun to watch, but no rings. Not even close. Joe had us going deep every year his first five years. Huntley is a big step down but perhaps the next qb drafted will be a but better. I think we are going to be forced to find out.

They have a history of spending up to the cap but not giving too large a percentage to any one player. With this contract LJ is going to be 20% of the cap. If you split the cap 47.5% defense, 47.5% offense and 5% to special teams that means 24 offensive player are splitting 27.5% between them. Average of 1% is under 2.5 million and skill players eat that up very quickly. So pay a tackle, TE, WR and rb more than a token you will have 20 players playing for rookie money or vet minimum. Good luck winning games.
    We were never cap strapped with Joe Flacco. My god you guys are dumb. Your last paragraph is equally idiotic.

In 2013, Flacco’s first year … his cap hit was 5.4% of the salary cap.

In 2014 his cap hit was 11% of the salary cap.

In 2015 his cap hit was 10% of the salary cap.

In 2016 his cap hit was 14% of the salary cap.

In 2017 his cap hit was 15% of the salary cap. (10% of the Ravens salary cap hit was on players that weren’t even on the team!)

In 2018 his cap hit was 14% of the salary cap.

When Flacco signed his original contract … that season his AAV represented 17% of the salary cap … yet he never cost the ravens more than 15% of their salary cap in six seasons!
    When spider webbs unite, they can tie up a lion

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I no longer TRUST him to play quarterback for the Ravens. Give me someone who loves the game and wants to play. Before he played for the Colts Johnny Unitas played semi pro football for $19 a game - because he loved the game.
    I wonder what your mother would have done for $19 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    I wonder what your mother would have done for $19
    I don’t have to wonder about yours….

Do you wanna know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything new from the sources? Been awfully quiet ��

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don’t have to wonder about yours….

Do you wanna know?

Yea I do

Yea I do
    The message board is too classy of a place for that level of info.

We were never cap strapped with Joe Flacco. My god you guys are dumb. Your last paragraph is equally idiotic.

In 2013, Flacco’s first year … his cap hit was 5.4% of the salary cap.

In 2014 his cap hit was 11% of the salary cap.

In 2015 his cap hit was 10% of the salary cap.

In 2016 his cap hit was 14% of the salary cap.

In 2017 his cap hit was 15% of the salary cap. (10% of the Ravens salary cap hit was on players that weren’t even on the team!)

In 2018 his cap hit was 14% of the salary cap.

When Flacco signed his original contract … that season his AAV represented 17% of the salary cap … yet he never cost the ravens more than 15% of their salary cap in six seasons!
    Completely agree - the narrative that Joe’s contract killed the Ravens chances of signing anyone - especially the first few seasons - is maddening in that is is so inaccurate and yet so many don’t understand how contracts are structured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro