Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast
  1. Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Would love this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not me......I am trading that 2023 R1 pick for a 2024 R1 + a R2 2023 and what ever else I could get for the pick,
    that would give me THREE R1 picks in 2024. I go all in for Caleb WIlliams.

I use my own R1 2023 to get a WR and use my 2 R2 2023 picks to get my CB and what ever hole EDC deems fit to fill. I plan for a much longer run. I sell Biscotti that we will get our Generational QB next year. Anyone want to trade Lamar for Caleb Williams? Sure, I know there is no guarantee........but in most seasons the #2 QB behind Caleb Williams would be a #1 any other season. Next season I am armed to the teeth with draft capitol to pull off the deal of the century. Lamar who?
    Last edited by ThankyouArt!; 03-18-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Not me......I am trading that 2023 R1 pick for a 2024 R1 + a R2 2023 and what ever else I could get for the pick,
    that would give me THREE R1 picks next year. I go all in for Caleb WIlliams.

I use my own R1 2023 to get a WR and use my 2 R2 2023 picks to get my CB and what ever hole EDC deems fit to fill. I plan for a much longer run. I sell Biscotti that we will get our Generational QB next year. Anyone want to trade Lamar for Caleb Williams? Sure, I know there is no guarantee........but in most seasons the #2 QB would be a #1 any other season. Next season I am armed to the teeth with draft capitol to pull off the deal of the century. Lamar who?
    The only way to get Caleb Williams is to have the pick from the worst team in football.

No one would trade the rights to Caleb Williams. No one.

Doubt anyone would trade the rights to Drake Maye either.

3. Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

The only way to get Caleb Williams is to have the pick from the worst team in football.

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if anyone said that about Ricky Williams in 1999.......LOL

4. Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

Seriously, you wouldn't consider it if I offered you 3 2024 R1's and 1 2025 R1 throw in a pick or two? You wouldn't listen? That would give you a total of 6!!!!!! R1's in two years.

Seriously, you wouldn't consider it if I offered you 3 2024 R1's and 1 2025 R1 throw in a pick or two? You wouldn't listen? That would give you a total of 6!!!!!! R1's in two years.
    No….

The Jags weren’t trading Trevor, the Colts got rid of Payton instead of Luck…

Only Baltimore was dumb enough to trade Elway…

This is that level of Prospect.

If Houston gets Young this year and is the worst team in football next year, they could have holes everywhere and they will trad e Young for whatever they can get and take Caleb.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    How would an agent force Lamar to sign a deal he didn’t like lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Explain exactly how 2 million a week while he holds out and we have scrubs at QB playing, is helping the team in 2023?

Then also explain how it's "career suicide" if he chooses to limit his risk and sit out 6-8 weeks? That is pretty dramatic. Plenty of guys have done the same and made out just fine.

I doubt we have to worry about this whatsoever. Either Lamar and the Ravens will strike a deal OR Lamar will do what Marquis did and request a trade privately first and then publically if needed. IF the Ravens break their policy and refuse to trade him, he will sit out a large part of the season and will not get the least bit hammered for it. The NFL media will be falling over themselves to portray the Ravens as the villians here and you know it. That is the end games that are realistic here. A deal, a trade or long hold out. It's a fantasy to think a QB who won't sign anything other than a record deal will show up week 1 for less than Daniel Jones is getting. Good luck with that.
    What team is willing to trade for him and give him a fully guaranteed contract?

7. Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

No….

The Jags weren’t trading Trevor, the Colts got rid of Payton instead of Luck…

Only Baltimore was dumb enough to trade Elway…

This is that level of Prospect.

If Houston gets Young this year and is the worst team in football next year, they could have holes everywhere and they will trad e Young for whatever they can get and take Caleb.

I suppose you're right........but I don't think that Baltimore had a choice with Elway. If true.........he wasn't going to sign under any circumstance.

That said, I don't like any of the QB's this year...........Not in the "long term". If I was to take your position, I would have to go all in on Jackson. The "X" factor in the entire Jackson saga is if Jackson actually wants to be a Raven. If he has no problem with it a deal could get done. If he insist on getting out of town......well.

Blog Entries

I suppose you're right........but I don't think that Baltimore had a choice with Elway. If true.........he wasn't going to sign under any circumstance.

That said, I don't like any of the QB's this year...........Not in the "long term". If I was to take your position, I would have to go all in on Jackson. The "X" factor in the entire Jackson saga is if Jackson actually wants to be a Raven. If he has no problem with it a deal could get done. If he insist on getting out of town......well.
    Even if the Colts had fired Frank Kush?

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

9. Re: Lamar to Colts Makes Most Sense

I think Lamar plays all season on the tag this year and trys again next year for the fully guaranteed contract. I believe that as a result of his close association with people at the NFLPA this contract has become as much about principle as it is about the money.

Shame the Ravens had to get cought up in a crusade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    As a backup QB Cam Newton would be better than Tyler Huntley.
    I'm an self admitted football geek and i watched Cam Newton throw at Auburns pro-day....and he looked good. My issue with signing Cam is i remembering watching him start out hot w/ the Patriots then he did some weird covid situation. But then i watched him with the Panthers and after the 2nd/3rd game he couldn't throw the ball past 12ish yards.

I would want to know if Cam could repeat the throwing session at Auburn multiple times a week without his shoulder falling off? Or get the team doctors to let me know if his shoulder is structural sound enough to last a season.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I'm an self admitted football geek and i watched Cam Newton throw at Auburns pro-day....and he looked good. My issue with signing Cam is i remembering watching him start out hot w/ the Patriots then he did some weird covid situation. But then i watched him with the Panthers and after the 2nd/3rd game he couldn't throw the ball past 12ish yards.

I would want to know if Cam could repeat the throwing session at Auburn multiple times a week without his shoulder falling off? Or get the team doctors to let me know if his shoulder is structural sound enough to last a season.
    Cam didn't even have a listed injury that season with the Panthers. It's not like there was an issue that's now healed. Cam had shoulder surgery after the 2018 season and was never the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Cam and BB were oil and water. Nobody plays football their way if it isn’t BB’s way.