Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Allen Iverson

Re: Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    That is really easy to answer. A leader does not only seek his own benefits. A leader puts the team and goals above himself. So it is fine that Lamar gets paid and paid well, even very well, but leaders have a different set of priorities.

And note: "selfish" was not the word I used, but given the fact that the total salary pie is only so big, Lamar is not taking from Biscotti, so much as his teammates, and if he does sign with the Ravens, this drama may cost them one or two players that everyone, including Lamar, would want in January.
    What the hell does this even mean?

Brady took a hometown discount one time because he has a wife who even now is worth more money than he is (Gisele is worth 400 million comparted to Tom's 250 PRIOR to the divorce) and she wanted to stay put in NE.

Wilson has a wife (Ciarra) who is worth 25-50 million. I don't see him taking less than he can get.

Good players do not appreciate other players taking less than market deals because that deal will inevitably be cited when it's their turn to negotiate a deal for themselves. This idea that Lamar is taking from his teammates is nonsense. The QB has and always will have the biggest slice of the pie unless they are on a rookie deal.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Re: Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    What the hell does this even mean?

Brady took a hometown discount one time because he has a wife who even now is worth more money than he is (Gisele is worth 400 million comparted to Tom's 250 PRIOR to the divorce) and she wanted to stay put in NE.

Wilson has a wife (Ciarra) who is worth 25-50 million. I don't see him taking less than he can get.

Good players do not appreciate other players taking less than market deals because that deal will inevitably be cited when it's their turn to negotiate a deal for themselves. This idea that Lamar is taking from his teammates is nonsense. The QB has and always will have the biggest slice of the pie unless they are on a rookie deal.
    I won't debate beyond this; there is a difference between taking a "less than market" deal, and trying to be part of an effort to reset the market.