Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar just tweeted this>

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Does Lamar realize these immature posts about contract numbers isn't going to be viewed well by other owners? What is he thinking? He's losing money by the day.
    Lamar is an idiot with supersonic legs. He doesn’t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Unless the Browns can squeeze a second QB on 50m a year nobody is trading for this headache. Maybe if we throw a pick...
    Lol, come on bro be serious.

Owners/ teams sign players with histories of drugs, domestic violence , do you really think they care abotu some bad PR?

The Browns franchise has a centuries worth of pissed off fans, and decades worth of bad PR and they just showed you they clearly DO NOT CARE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    I understand that after earning 133 million in 3 years, he could restructure his contract in the 4th year and again have a lot of money guaranteed.
    Maybe it's not what he expected, but it's not a bad contract by any means, he acts selfish, it's not pro-team thinking
    It's not that it's a terrible deal or anything, but we just saw Derek Carr sign a new deal and then be released.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Judging by his social media posts for a while now, I don’t think you needed those last 4 words RWT. His off-field postings are undermining his on-field value. Sad actually.
    Agreed. Lamar needs to stay off social media until his contract situation is resolved. He is dealing with billionaires in their sixties who are trying to decide if they want to invest huge sums of money in him. Such social media posts or IMO any social media posts aren’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirt1; 03-14-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Unless my math is wrong ….that’s basically playing on the Franchise Tag for 3 yrs. All Fully Guaranteed and should amount to $133 mil +/-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. This is why he didn't sign the deal in September. The deal in September was 6 years (His fifth year option + a 5 year extension), 274m, 133m fully guaranteed. Why sign that when you could play on the fifth year option, then play on the Exclusive tag twice, and get 124m fully guaranteed in three years. Now, obviously, since then, they've use the Non-Exclusive instead and that changes the numbers in the team's favor. But that's the reason why Lamar didn't take the deal in September. And this tweet is in response to the report from Schefter. I doubt it's a new deal.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Mastermind GM EDC giving up draft capitol to get rid of a QB he franchise tagged lmaoo
    Irony seems to be another thing you miss. Exaggeration too, which is kinda surprising given your posting history in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Lol, come on bro be serious.

Owners/ teams sign players with histories of drugs, domestic violence , do you really think they care abotu some bad PR?

The Browns franchise has a centuries worth of pissed off fans, and decades worth of bad PR and they just showed you they clearly DO NOT CARE.
    It’s not just that though bro. It’s that, plus the 1-3 playoff record, plus the no agent, plus the guaranteed money and draft picks, plus the missed 11 out of the last 23 games.

Being an idiot on social media is just unnecessarily adding more to the turn off list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Ravens leak a fake story to Adam Schefter. Adam Schefter then reports that story on ESPN for the whole world to hear. That report makes Lamar look like he’s turned down effectively $200M in guaranteed money. Lamar Jackson responds to this fake rumor by saying … “They offered me $133M guaranteed over 3 years.”

And SOMEHOW … Lamar is the bad guy? Dude go root for another team.
    You're being an emotional Lamartian <insert sarcasm emoji here>. LOL.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lamar is an idiot with supersonic legs. .
    It it ok to say that was one of the funniest things I've read on here? I just had visions of Lamar as the Road Runner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Does Lamar realize these immature posts about contract numbers isn't going to be viewed well by other owners? What is he thinking? He's losing money by the day.
    Hell, it wouldn't surprise if a team who wanted him, advised him to post it. They play dirty like that all the time.

The first thing I'll keep saying here:

I'm not saying Lamar is a liar, but he has a loose relationship with the truth, clearly. And a part of that is that he likely DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE SALARY CAP and can't fair comparisons between various deals he's been offered and comparing them with the market.

This is part of what an agent does, BTW. Translates these things for their client. Gives fair and largely unbiased counsel. Gets the best deal.

Lamar is so severely out of his depth here, its bananas.

And yes, whoever said it above has it right. These nonsense tweets aren't improving his position with potential owners who might want to pay him. They are only making him look aggravating to work with, which its starting to look like, he is. He's mercurial.