Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought it was 4 PM but I'm not sure. The name is so dumb.

One guy who can't participate is Lamar Jackson. One of the rules of 'legal tampering' is that players can't directly speak to teams. Everything must go through an agent. Yet another reason to have an agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Agree... Can they call his mom though?
    I thought the NFL also specifically said that those roles don't apply to franchise tagged players, so they couldn't talk to Lamar anyway.

Also Felicia Jones isn't a licensed agent, so they could not call her. Lamar can bring her into negotiations and tell teams to talk to her, but that's it.

But all teams tamper anyway, and the yahoo article even has an anonymous agent saying that it's much more prevalent than anyone not in the business thinks it is. Everyone does it all the time. Ross got Brady onto his boat to talk to Flores.

The only thing that I can think of why teams would not already be talking to Lamar is that he's such a wildcard representing himself they might not trust him to keep quiet about it. Like accidentally disclosing it an something goes sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Agree... Can they call his mom though?
    They actually never can speak to his mom without his explicit permission.
    So no, that’s not a work around at all.
    She’s not a certified agent, so it’s hard for teams to even speak to her without him present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I thought the NFL also specifically said that those roles don't apply to franchise tagged players, so they couldn't talk to Lamar anyway.

Also Felicia Jones isn't a licensed agent, so they could not call her. Lamar can bring her into negotiations and tell teams to talk to her, but that's it.

But all teams tamper anyway, and the yahoo article even has an anonymous agent saying that it's much more prevalent than anyone not in the business thinks it is. Everyone does it all the time. Ross got Brady onto his boat to talk to Flores.

The only thing that I can think of why teams would not already be talking to Lamar is that he's such a wildcard representing himself they might not trust him to keep quiet about it. Like accidentally disclosing it an something goes sideways.
    Tampering happens through agents… for a big reason. Tampering is NOT likely to happen with Lamar, because of how easy it is to prove.

Teams could have been contacting agents easily, in certain circumstances.

The agent of said player, also represents a player you have under contract already with your team.

The agent of said player also represents a street free agent like Odell Beckham, Derek Card and Robert Woods(a week ago).

That gives both the agent and the team cover as to why they were speaking. There is no cover for Lamar. If Lamar had the same agent as Calais Campbell, then all communication between team and agent could be described as being about a Calais Campbell, no matter who they were talking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Tampering happens through agents… for a big reason. Tampering is NOT likely to happen with Lamar, because of how easy it is to prove.

Teams could have been contacting agents easily, in certain circumstances.

The agent of said player, also represents a player you have under contract already with your team.

The agent of said player also represents a street free agent like Odell Beckham, Derek Card and Robert Woods(a week ago).

That gives both the agent and the team cover as to why they were speaking. There is no cover for Lamar. If Lamar had the same agent as Calais Campbell, then all communication between team and agent could be described as being about a Calais Campbell, no matter who they were talking about.

Exactly. If a team is caught speaking to a player or his non agents they’re going to lose draft picks. Since the market looks thin anyway they’re going to wait. In this case it’s not worth the risk

@_MLFootball
    ·
    15m
    There are a lot of suitors for Baltimore #Ravens tight end Josh Oliver, per @JFowlerESPN

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/stat...39168467087361

LMAO, Let fucking go,Get him GONE!
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    @_MLFootball
    ·
    15m
    There are a lot of suitors for Baltimore #Ravens tight end Josh Oliver, per @JFowlerESPN

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/stat...39168467087361

LMAO, Let fucking go,Get him GONE!
    Zero reason for the Ravens to be one of them.

Blog Entries

The Browns are trying to keep Ethan Pocic who wants to return. It sounds like they will figure that one out

Think there's a chance Wentz ends up with the Browns, assuming Jacoby moves on. Like was said earlier he's not looking for a big payday so I imagine he'd be content to backup the nasty one.

As an aside if that does happen, wow, he'll hit the unholy trinity of goofy/terrible owners to work under....in consecutive years no less!

The Browns are trying to keep Ethan Pocic who wants to return. It sounds like they will figure that one out
    He played very well for them last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He played very well for them last season.
    I agree. He was cheap too. I was hoping he'd be out of their price range after proving it on a 1 year prove it deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReUpRoqNow View Post
    Think there's a chance Wentz ends up with the Browns, assuming Jacoby moves on. Like was said earlier he's not looking for a big payday so I imagine he'd be content to backup the nasty one.

As an aside if that does happen, wow, he'll hit the unholy trinity of goofy/terrible owners to work under....in consecutive years no less!
    I definitely could see that. Wentz is going to get those kind of offers.

I agree. He was cheap too. I was hoping he'd be out of their price range after proving it on a 1 year prove it deal.
    The Browns were rumored to be shopping Nick Chubb so that shows you where they're at.